Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-01-2008, 12:02 PM

clique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
You're missing the point. Personal problems, severe or mild, are by the nature of them not something you discuss in public. If there is a problem in her marriage or her family, how is that any of our business? We have no right to know these things, yet any other explanation she gave would be a lie, and eventually come back to bite her. So she says nothing.

If there was a business problem, a problem with her management, or if it was just the low sales, she wouldn't hesitate to talk about these things, at least in outline. She's not talking. So it's not those things. It's something personal, something she doesn't want to talk about. That's the only explanation. Nothing else makes sense.
I think what people is most upset about is the fact that she hasn't said anything. We all know the reason they cancelled the concert is most likely due to low ticket sales. Do you think the fans that bought concert tickets and had made travel plans deserve to be ignored? A simple "Sorry about that, hope to see you in March" would at least calm down the people that have lost money. But she hasn't said anything. Is that how you treat your fans?
Old 11-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

If there are things she can't say for legal reasons, or because she doesn't know, then she's not to blame and there's no call to be angry.

If, as I believe, there are problems in her personal life, then we have no right to know about them and again there's no call to be angry.

Frankly, the angry fans are behaving like spoiled children, not thinking things through. There have been signs that she knows about the reaction to the silence -- and you and I both, Ronnie, have made sure she DID know, in separate ways -- and accepts the criticism. If she hasn't actually said anything, it's because, for one reason or another, she can't.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and a chill pill.

Oh, and I posted for a while on AF under a different name. I decided I didn't like the atmosphere so I stopped.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Gah, I try to reply to one message and there have already been a dozen more! Sorry for de-railing this topic, but I think everyone misunderstood my post. I just wanted to express how Alizée makes me feel at the moment. No amount of logic or argument can change that. I wasn't asking for anything, or trying to analyze the situation. Also, it seems that unlike most people it's not the silence that really bothers me (though clique has a point, a simple "sorry" wouldn't hurt). And I don't give a hoot what Alizée thinks of her fans. Actions speak louder than words, or lack thereof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Snatcher, as I've said before, there's only ONE possible explanation for the silence. Just use a bit of logical elimination.
See I was NOT referring to the silence here, because for me that's not the issue. It's what's already been said and done that is. I even said once that silence would have been better than the lie they told. And as others have pointed out, she's actually in a catch 22 now where it would probably be best if she didn't say anything at all. So no, it's not about the silence but rather the original lack of professionalism: the excuse, waiting so late that people lost money, etc. I'm not looking for absolution, the damage is done. I just hope for things to go better in the future, and for the way I feel right now to subside in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Even more stupid they will feel when they finds out the reason for her abandoning the fans. After which follows anger as you will find that it wasn't really her fault but another person who caused it. But at the end it was her decicion.
Ronny, don't write things like this unless you're at liberty to explain them.

Edit: Just want to say so that people don't think I'm depressed or anything, this is just how I feel about Alizée! She's been a huge part of my life so it's a shame, but I've got plenty else on the plate and otherwise life is good! So don't worry about me!

Last edited by Ben; 11-01-2008 at 09:01 PM..
Old 11-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

WOW...!

I never thought soooo much silence from ONE person would cause soooo much commotion for SO MANY PEOPLE! No doubt, actions speak louder than words...and in this case, actions speak volumes.

But, c'mon....lets stop the speculation and rumor. Problems w/her marriage are NOT the reason for her silence. If it were, the media in Europe would have known already weeks earlier...and would have eaten this UP!

Plain and Simple....Lack of Sales caused her to cancel her concert! PERIOD! Shit happens. And the speculation of her not talking to us...what do you want??

Do you want her to hold an Open TownHALL forum to discuss questions like how her business plan was flawed, what happened to her Album Sales, the imfamous "Inretrospect, was leaving Mylene Farmer the correct decision?" What is she supposed to say? If you had a failed business venture, would you wanna discuss this ver batum and outline it so the world can see it???

At this point, whatever she says will be scrutinzed regardless. So we will not hear from Alizee for some time.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Blah blah blah... Her management screwed us over, we got hosed BIG TIME. You think this excuse for the "postponement" Is going to keep some pissed off fans quiet in march? Life goes on, I've moved on, because I've had to, I can't put my life on hold waiting for an "explanation" Wether or not she is allowed to say anything or if it ever shows up. I personally enjoyed the trip to paris, It was my first time there, And Ill never forget it, a trip of a lifetime for me, and had a blast with other Lili fans.

EDIT: This is what it is all about...

I am happy for you Lili, you truly deserved that award for those concerts. I know, I was there, you've given me great memories, and Ill always be grateful for that.

Last edited by Amigo!; 11-01-2008 at 01:27 PM..
Old 11-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

The silence did bother me, but I think it’s too late now to fix that as far as the cancellation goes. I get bulletins every week from artists on myspace, but nothing from Alizée. I signed up for her newsletter and never received one. There are other examples of things they have failed to follow through on.

Regardless of who is at fault, obviously much of Alizée’s return has been mismanaged. Sometimes it feels like her fans have more emotional capital invested in this than she does. She doesn’t have to tell us personal or business information. But I think she needs to say something to her fans from time to time. I see it as part of her job. And maybe that’s been the problem. Nobody is performing their jobs to the level required across the board. Whether it’s marketing, promotion, fan relations, or maintaining websites, they have simply fallen short on everything. Let’s hope the situation is going to get better and maybe we can eventually put this all behind us.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:34 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

the concert cancellation didn't upset me since i wasn't planning to go but i would be extremely upset and sad if i had bought tickets and had everything arranged and had this happen. right now it happens to be all the hardcore fans she let down, the ones who were planning to travel half way around the world to see her.

i don't like all this speculating talk nor people revealing things they shouldn't.

anyways, this should be most definitely a wake up call for her though.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:35 PM

Quantum is on a distinguished road

Alizée's problems are owned by her only insofar as she has not dealt with her management team effectively yet, who appear befuddled how to advise and direct her. She has such great potential if her strongest attributes are properly packaged into a coherent whole. She demonstrated her strong talent years ago. But with each new and recent performance she appears to stray further from her natural strengths. Performing before the public is not a good place to experiment with one's career. These matters should be resolved to the performers advantage long before rehearsals begin. And changing management teams isn't necessarily the answer either - not if the new team is as befuddled as the previous. There is a natural direction she should take - but will she? Time will tell, but the recent performance in Mexico is not encouraging.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

For me, it's gotten to the point where i'm only staying here because the community has grown in on me, and not her.
I hope she grows to realize what she really needs to hold dear, us. As far as i'm concerned, we the fans, are also her family. Do we not cherish her? Do we not care for her? Are we not squabbling, wondering what is going on with her? Do not tell me that is just the action of a typical fan...
Those are the actions and emotions of basically a close member of her family, and in truth, we are all family under her and with her and when she realizes this and grasps that rope that keeps us together with her, we can all smile joyfully again.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:40 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool Best non-alizee pic in a long time

Nice pic Amigo! I see we don't have all of the fans that showed up in there, but we really enjoyed ourselves. The fans coming together has always been fun. Here's to you Alizee.

Alizee: Wowww!