Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-03-2014, 10:21 AM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

I don't remember if I have already written to this topic or not...
But it's always good to read others' discovery about Alizée.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:28 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Maybe you could expand on that a little more. You probably mentioned it, but where are you from? I have so much going on, it's hard to keep up with things like that. What prompted you to read and article about France Gall and Alizée to begin with and was the article on line?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle Katherine View Post
I don't remember if I have already written to this topic or not...
But it's always good to read others' discovery about Alizée.
It's one of my favorite threads except maybe the tattoo thread.....................jk.
I wish they'd make it a sticky thread if they haven't already because every time a new member comes along, I have to go searching for the link.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-03-2014 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-03-2014, 02:57 PM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Maybe you could expand on that a little more. You probably mentioned it, but where are you from? I have so much going on, it's hard to keep up with things like that. What prompted you to read and article about France Gall and Alizée to begin with and was the article on line?
Of course, sorry for having been laconic! I'm from Poland, the article was in Polish too. Yes, it was (and might still be) online, in fact - online only. Not in any paper whatsoever, which, now that I'm thinking of it, is a pity; many people could've got to know Alizée.

Why did I read it? My God, that's a long story. To have it shorter, I'll just say I'd been following that author's writings, without revealing my reasons for my so doing. The author would write about many topics, she would create articles and essays on culture stuff she liked as well. She liked Alizée and France, and she'd written an article showing similarities between the gals.

To be honest, I had come across Alizée's name beforehand, thanks to reading the author's blog entry with the "Gourmandises" video attached; but I did not want to listen to this music because I didn't know a word in French back then and it annoyed if I couldn't understand what was sung.

Coming back to the article, due to it I tried to get into Alizée despite not understanding her. Then I fell in love with many "Gourmandises" tracks... and this how my journey began.
The Round belong

Last edited by Jazzmin; 04-03-2014 at 03:00 PM..
Old 04-04-2014, 03:02 PM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
Of course, sorry for having been laconic! I'm from Poland, the article was in Polish too. Yes, it was (and might still be) online, in fact - online only. Not in any paper whatsoever, which, now that I'm thinking of it, is a pity; many people could've got to know Alizée.

Why did I read it? My God, that's a long story. To have it shorter, I'll just say I'd been following that author's writings, without revealing my reasons for my so doing. The author would write about many topics, she would create articles and essays on culture stuff she liked as well. She liked Alizée and France, and she'd written an article showing similarities between the gals.

To be honest, I had come across Alizée's name beforehand, thanks to reading the author's blog entry with the "Gourmandises" video attached; but I did not want to listen to this music because I didn't know a word in French back then and it annoyed if I couldn't understand what was sung.

Coming back to the article, due to it I tried to get into Alizée despite not understanding her. Then I fell in love with many "Gourmandises" tracks... and this how my journey began.
Thanks for sharing this nice story

Old 04-09-2014, 03:58 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I was cruising the Internet and stumbled on Alizee's video of J'en Ai Marre. It was the sexiest most intriguing thing I've ever seen. She absolutely blew me out of the water. Nothing obscene or vulgar, but incredibly sexy. I've been addicted since.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

I first found out about Alizee when the single 'moi lolita' was released . It was all the rage in my country, Greece, around 2001 or something.

It used to play on TV multiple times a day! So that's when I first heard about her, but it wasn't until much later that I became a real fan.

From 2006 onwards I found about Jean Michel Jarre thanks to a new age collection of music, so one thing lead to another...and I re-discovered Lilly.

Since then I have loved all sorts of French artists , including Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat.
So , in conclusion, it was love at second sight! I am not going back! I'll stay an Alizee fan til the very end
Old 11-20-2014, 02:41 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
I first found out about Alizee when the single 'moi lolita' was released . It was all the rage in my country, Greece, around 2001 or something.

It used to play on TV multiple times a day! So that's when I first heard about her, but it wasn't until much later that I became a real fan.

From 2006 onwards I found about Jean Michel Jarre thanks to a new age collection of music, so one thing lead to another...and I re-discovered Lilly.

Since then I have loved all sorts of French artists , including Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat.
So , in conclusion, it was love at second sight! I am not going back! I'll stay an Alizee fan til the very end
Welcome to AAm Eru!
I wish I'd heard about her way back then, nice!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:59 PM

cou is on a distinguished road

I found out about Alizee when I was on a soccerforum like a year and a half ago. Someone who cheers for the same club as I posted lovely things about Alizee.The first video I saw was J'en Ai Marre which was muted. I tought it was like nearly all young popstars and like it so much. I fell in love with her when I saw and heared J'ai Pas Vingt Ans. Something in her voice touched me emotionally. It reminded me how good the past was. Maybe it was also the stress from my final exams. After that I tried to hear all her interviews and song.

The strangest thing is that I dont even like pop and normally can't stand if an artist don't write her own songs and playbacks. And while I was working my ass of to pay my school I realised why I am so attracted to her. She is everything I hoped to be. Well, I don't want to be a girl nor a singer but I think You know what i mean.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

on march 9th 2004 I was on a forum called DDR freak... this girl had a pic of alizee in her sig from the official jeam video. I pm'ed her and got this girls name and downloaded everything limewire had to offer. Couple weeks later i found AF and stayed there for a few years till i came here witha few friends from AF..... fast forward 10 years and i rarely listen to or follow her anymore, but when a song of hers randomly comes on when listening to music i still get goosebumps.

---------------------------------------------------

Old 12-12-2014, 12:25 AM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post

It used to play on TV multiple times a day!
Welcome to the forum eru!

I also discovered Alizée through Moi... Lolita in 2001, it was a big tune over here in the UK aswell and I would always look out for it on the music channels here as it was also played multiple times a day!

Anyway it's always good to go back to the beginning!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur