Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It's called polyphonic singing. Here's a bit more info on Corsican music: http://www.corsica-isula.com/music.htm
Old 07-02-2013, 10:45 AM

george007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
It's called polyphonic singing. Here's a bit more info on Corsican music: http://www.corsica-isula.com/music.htm
Thanks lefty. I'm really interested in learning about Corsican traditional music, cause it's somewhat distantly similar to the traditional music of my country.
I've been interested in Corsica since I read "Asterix in Corsica" when I was a kid.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:48 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by george007 View Post
In the intro of the song Mon Maquis there are a few lines sung by a guy. Does it have any meaning? It's not included in the lyrics or the translations and I found it to be more louder and clearer in the En Concert DVD
If your question hasn't been answered yet, you should send a pm to Lapinschous. He's been very generous in translating things that members request in here and it's only a few lines, so it shouldn't be much of a problem for him.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by george007 View Post
Thanks for helping Merci Alizée. I think it sounds like some kind of native singing in Corsica http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paghjella
Something like this.
Or not...
Haha.. no wonder Alizée was really suprised when Faudel came out singing ML like that back in the day.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-13-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Haha.. no wonder Alizée was really suprised when Faudel came out singing ML like that back in the day.

Lol I haven't seen that before. She looks really frightened than surprised to me.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:45 AM

Here's something I found on the net about this. It was from a discussion in AF which included Ben (Snatcher).'

Snatcher42

8th March 2006, 04:49

It's Corsican . . . it is about the Maquis on the Island

bo

I understand Corsican because it is almost identical to the southern Italian dialect I grew up with. The voice seems to be in "lament" form, where they elongate the words in praise of something or to lament something etc . . . it is hard for me to hear it becuse it is low and elongated . . . but I should listen to it again because I haven't done so in a long while . . . mon Maquis is not on my fav list.
I don't think it is Mid Eastern because I don't see why she would use it if she were singing about the Mquis on the Island that Napolean so loved etc . . .

just listened to it again and I am finding it difficult to make out the words because I can't cancel out the other "interference" . . . but I am sure it is Corsican I hear some of the words (what little I can make out) and I recognize the sound (can't explain it) If the words weren't elongated like that, then I could let you know for sure . . . anybody capable of canceling out the surrounding sounds etc

Keep in mind that this background voice was used just for sound and no importance was given to intelligibility . . .

Here is what I mean about the Dialects:

Corsican: S'entrarsi 'ndru paradisu santu, santu, E nun truvarsi a tia, mi n' esciria.

translation: If I were to enter paradise saintly saintly ("santu" means saint- here I think he means "holy, though) and not find you there, I would leave (get out)
This is really interesting! I'm wondering why we didn't think to discuss this before. Great topic. Is that last part what you could make out from the song, or just examples of the dialect? I wonder if anyone can make out more, because those bits look very cool. Thanks Orion.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Here's something I found on the net about this. It was from a discussion in AF which included Ben (Snatcher).'

Snatcher42

8th March 2006, 04:49

It's Corsican . . . it is about the Maquis on the Island

bo

I understand Corsican because it is almost identical to the southern Italian dialect I grew up with. The voice seems to be in "lament" form, where they elongate the words in praise of something or to lament something etc . . . it is hard for me to hear it becuse it is low and elongated . . . but I should listen to it again because I haven't done so in a long while . . . mon Maquis is not on my fav list.
I don't think it is Mid Eastern because I don't see why she would use it if she were singing about the Mquis on the Island that Napolean so loved etc . . .

just listened to it again and I am finding it difficult to make out the words because I can't cancel out the other "interference" . . . but I am sure it is Corsican I hear some of the words (what little I can make out) and I recognize the sound (can't explain it) If the words weren't elongated like that, then I could let you know for sure . . . anybody capable of canceling out the surrounding sounds etc

Keep in mind that this background voice was used just for sound and no importance was given to intelligibility . . .

Here is what I mean about the Dialects:

Corsican: S'entrarsi 'ndru paradisu santu, santu, E nun truvarsi a tia, mi n' esciria.

translation: If I were to enter paradise saintly saintly ("santu" means saint- here I think he means "holy, though) and not find you there, I would leave (get out)
This is really interesting! I'm wondering why we didn't think to discuss this before. Great topic. Is that last part what you could make out from the song, or just examples of the dialect? I wonder if anyone can make out more, because those bits look very cool. Thanks Orion.
Well, Thanks very much for helping Scruffy. I found the particular discussion in AF. I should have googled for it before asking it here. It's the best answer and I could say the question is answered now.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:52 AM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Wonder how many songs does Lili have
Old 02-16-2014, 06:02 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Has something like this:
http://www.innamoramento.net/1984-2014/

been done also with Alizée fans?

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 02-16-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
Has something like this:
http://www.innamoramento.net/1984-2014/

been done also with Alizée fans?
Not that I've seen before. Nice idea though. It would have been nice if something like this was started years ago. I'm not sure how many fans we could get to this at this point. It be nice to get something started like this in France which would give us an interesting look to see what her fan base consists of over there.

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline