Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-26-2010, 10:37 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
im pretty sure you can
That is a myth that I have seen pop up on these forums every now and then.

When she started performing the altered versions of her old songs, people had a hard time accepting it and that led to a lot of speculation and conjecture. One of the excuses that arose from that was belief in a conspiracy that MF and LB wouldn't allow Alizee to perform the original versions. Over time, the myth then sort of took a life of its own. Like most myths, if it gets repeated enough times, people start to accept it as fact.

The truth is you can only copyright music and lyrics, not arrangement. So, this myth has no basis in fact. She can perform any version she wants.

Some fans just have a hard time accepting that Alizee might actually not want to perform her old songs.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:44 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

^ Tsss like me, I am not a big fan at all of the new arrangements of the great masterpieces of MF and LB. In my opnion it sucks out all the beauty of the original intruments used and is at a tone where Alizée's voice can not meet. Im not worried or want her to go back to the JEAM dance, but I do wish her voice would be at the proper tone where she can execute it beautifully.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I do wish her voice would be at the proper tone where she can execute it beautifully.
Ahhh...now see I thought, "wait, does she still have the voice to do it?". But then thought that yes she does, she performed it at Mexico alot and performed it in 2009...So I know she is still capable of singing it.

But what I can't comprehend is how Alizee is only 25...this is insane...she is lightyears ahead of most artists at 25, most only start out at 25. So I am sure she will have a great voice that can perform any of her songs for a long time
Old 04-26-2010, 11:08 PM

She has the voice to do it I'm sure, but what I've heard from news video recordongs of the '08 concerts, JEAM, ML, and other songs she porfermed at En Concert her voice was not consistent, controlled, at tone which we heard in En Concert. She just needs to focus a little more on that for future shows.

Note: Just my opinion and point of view
Old 04-26-2010, 11:13 PM

Well, I thought she was very consistent with En Concert(of which I have heard raw recordings for the concerts in Nice, Brussels, and the other place), and she was very consistent and sounded very good live(REALLY GOOD!!!). She hit every note perfect and I don't know why she can't do that all the time. If she takes the time to practice, her voice can be perfect for these upcoming performances(and hopefully one is JEAM).
Old 04-26-2010, 11:23 PM

Yeah there is no doubt about her perfect voice execution in En Concert, and I agree practice here I think is the issue, Im pretty sure Mylene trained her most of the time and got her voice to a great level, today with the absence of Mylene she has to find her ways to practice her voice and get it to the great level she still can have .The original music of her songs were composed for her and her voice, all the songs go smoothly and are wonderful, hopefully she can reach that level once again .
Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 PM

This Summer, one woman, one mission, one concert.

Alizee was a big star in the French Spotlight.

She came out with a new album called Une Enfant Du Siecle.

She was going to perform a concert in front of millions.

But her voice was not ready.

She had to make a trek to...Mylene.

Alizee embarked on a voyage to save her career and put her back into the Limelight.

Coming to theaters June 12th.

Rated JEAM

I wonder why she can't just visit the Sensei and learn the ways of Mylene again so she can go back to that perfect voice....im tired....
Old 04-27-2010, 03:07 AM

thekidEm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
^ Tsss like me, I am not a big fan at all of the new arrangements of the great masterpieces of MF and LB. In my opnion it sucks out all the beauty of the original intruments used and is at a tone where Alizée's voice can not meet. Im not worried or want her to go back to the JEAM dance, but I do wish her voice would be at the proper tone where she can execute it beautifully.
me neither. I can't comprehend the new arrangement of Moi Loilita, with the bit of "hey mr. dj....", i find it weird and it doesn't go with Moi Lolita
Old 04-27-2010, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidEm View Post
me neither. I can't comprehend the new arrangement of Moi Loilita, with the bit of "hey mr. dj....", i find it weird and it doesn't go with Moi Lolita
Ahgr that line just doesn't go! Plus that line is from a song of Madonna, why lilly why lilly? All the precious original instruments are gone and are substituted by only 3 musicians and a DJ.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:14 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

I'm going to be the lone dissenter here, and say that I doubt we'll hear her perform JEAM again, or likely any of the MF/LB-era songs, with the possible lone exception of Moi...Lolita, given that it's the tenth anniversary of her big breakout single. And even that I expect to see reorchestrated again to fit the current style.

I think the new tour will more likely draw heavily from UEdS, with some of the stronger songs from Psych thrown in (and possibly a few covers like La Isla Bonita) to pad it out time-wise.

Sorry to rain on your parade, gang, but with two albums of her "own" material to draw upon now, I really don't see her retaining much of the Gourmandises/MCE catalogue. At most, we'll see a medley, and I think even that's wishful thinking.

Last edited by Ruroshen; 04-27-2010 at 04:17 AM..

Tags
acoustic, alizee, jeam