Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-09-2010, 03:06 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default The sacrifice her parents made.

It must have been really tough on Alizée's parents when she was discovered by MF and LB. In her father's case, most fathers expect that when their daughters graduate from high school, that there's a good chance they might move off to college or maybe a job in a city far away and they're usually mentally prepared for that. But with Alizée, after being discovered, she left school I believe it was 2 years early. Even though from what I've heard, she went home on just about every weekend, I'm sure she spent a lot of time on those weekends with her freinds, telling them all about her experiences and the people she met. So he probably spent little time with her compared to before she was discovered. Knowing he'd be losing so much time with her, it must have been tough for him to let her go. Such a bright spot in his every day life, leaving him far sooner than he ever anticipated. But he allowed her to do it, because he knew it was a chance of a life time for her, knew she'd enjoy what she was doing. He did it knowing he'd be losing the biggest ray of sunshine in his life, because he loved her.

As far as her mother is concerned. From what I read, she traveled with her every where she went, until she was 18. That was what they agreed upon in order for her to drop out of school. Taking correspondence lessons was too a part of the agreement. So her mother left her home, her life, her husband on Corsica, just about every week.. I'm sure she enjoyed many of her days in Paris. But in my line of work, There's been a few occassions where I've been living in one city and working in another far away and I can tell you all that travelling get's old real quick. But she did it. She did it for Alizée.

Her two parents made big sacrifices for her, because they loved her.

I wonder if Alizée realizes how big a sacrifice they made?

When I was a teenager, I had some cousins who due to our love for skiing, became very close. I used to go up to their place to pick them up on the way to the mountains. Now none of us kids had much money. But my aunt, who was seperated, would give what little money she had to her kids, so they could go. I didn't realize til later on in life when I was going through some tough financial times of my own, what a big sacrifice she had made for us. A few years later, after getting married and getting a job that had good travel benefits, I had hoped to take my aunt and my mother who had made sacrifices for me on some trips as a way of repaying them. Well my aunt had arthritis in her knees real bad. She had to go through knee replacement surgery on 2 occassions.. After the first one, I would stop at the hospital every day on my way to work with newspapers, magazines, pictures of our many pets which she loved to see. Nobody else in her family stopped by as often as me.

Then about a month later, she had the second knee replaced. Once again I was visiting her every day. Then there came Valentines day. I had gone down to my parents house to do some remodeling work on their bathroom. I had picked up a box of chocolates that I planned on dropping off at my aunts on the way home. Well the work at my parents place took longer than expected and I was dam tired when I left for the hour long drive to the hospital near my home, so I decided not to go. Well I forget the exact story, but I believe my aunt wasn't supposed to be taking aspirin, but she took it anyways. She had a blood clot and because there was no monitoring equipment on her, she passed away that night. There were a lot of feelings about what happened but I'd just like to say about one of them is that I felt cheated, because I had hoped to repay her more for what she did for us.

So I'm just wondering does Alizée know how big a sacrifice her parents made for her. I'm sure she probably does and I know she would have done the exact same thing for them.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Damn Scruff, you almost made me cry my eyes out with this one. it really made me reflect on my own life. I do work with my father a lot and he is a carpenter so I get insights to some of the construction and other stuff he does on the side. sometimes he comes home filthy and other nights he just goes to the couch and passes out for a good hour. when he tells me stories of when he was a kid back in México, it makes my life seem like that of a millionaire's compared to his. I do appreciate what he does for me and the family. hopefully I could be like him (personality wise) and be the great man he wanted to be. I'm sure Alizée knows what the sacrifices her parents went through and I'm also sure she has thanked them for it and has somehow repaid them one way or another

Old 07-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Yeah thats very deep man her father is a really strong hearted man.His wife and his doughter were always gone.But he held his head up high.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-09-2010, 03:57 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

From what I have read she spent four days a week in Paris and flew home every weekend. She spends close to week every month in Ajaccio with her family. She is extremely close to her family.

Believe me she knows and appreciates what her parents sacrificed for her career during her teenage years.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I would not overstate the "sacrifice" that Jo and Michelle made. As has already been stated, Alizée made frequent visits to Corsica as a teenager and in fact she still does. Her family did not lose contact with her. There have been contributions of time, especially in the earlier years by her mother and today by her father as a photographer, but it wasn't that onerous. Nor is Paris all that far from Ajaccio or difficult to get to.

Jo has been happy to have his daughter's fame attract interest in his photography, too. I love his work for its own sake, but if not for Alizée I probably would never have heard of him. In fact, there's some speculation the reason he got banned from Facebook was because he was reported by a jealous photographer who didn't like the fact that he had thousands of FB friends, most of them Alizée fans. He has not been shy about benefiting from his daughter's career.

Her parents gave her a lot of support -- plenty of reason for her to be grateful. But sacrifice? Not really, or no more than all parents make. The real sacrifices were made by Alizée herself, in giving up any chance at a normal life.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-09-2010, 07:11 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

i personally believe it wasn't that huge of a sacrifice, being that every parent wants the best for their child. but that's just me.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Your post was very moving Scruffy. I agree that it must have been hard, though not all bad because of the frequent visits. I don't think she could stay away from Corsica too long, being such a nice place and all.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
............................... The real sacrifices were made by Alizée herself, in giving up any chance at a normal life.
I don't think she made a sacrifice. She loved what she was doing. Even though she's a little on the shy side, she loves being on stage. She could of called it quits at any tiime. Even if she was under contract, do you think they would have held a teenage girl to one?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I don't think she made a sacrifice. She loved what she was doing. Even though she's a little on the shy side, she loves being on stage. She could of called it quits at any tiime. Even if she was under contract, do you think they would have held a teenage girl to one?
I'd call leaving school early a sacrifice, even though I think she still went to some kind of on-the-road tutoring setup? I'm not exactly sure. But education is always first and foremost! Or at least it should be. So yeah, I think she and her parents all made sacrifices.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-09-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I'd call leaving school early a sacrifice, ........................
Well you would think leaving school would be an unwise choice, not only because you're stopping an education process which is so important, but also because you lose out on a very important part of your life growing up wise in the process. But what do you think would have happened if she told MF and LB that she'd like to finish school first. Well she'd still be dancing her way across Corsica, a virtual unknown. I think she had to make the choice she did and doesn't regret it.

She's found fame and fortune in the early stages of her career. How she handles it and develops it remains to be seen. If she has to put an end to this career at a still very early stage in her life, that lack of education, may come back to haunt her.