Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well you would think leaving school would be an unwise choice, not only because you're stopping an education process which is so important, but also because you lose out on a very important part of your life growing up wise in the process. But what do you think would have happened if she told MF and LB that she'd like to finish school first. Well she'd still be dancing her way across Corsica, a virtual unknown. I think she had to make the choice she did and doesn't regret it.

She's found fame and fortune in the early stages of her career. How she handles it and develops it remains to be seen. If she has to put an end to this career at a still very early stage in her life, that lack of education, may come back to haunt her.
I agree, things have obviously turned out very well for her regardless.
If she hadn't left school the way she did, she wouldn't be inspiring people with her music and dance (not to mention amazing personality!) like she does now! But it must have seemed like kind of a risky choice at the time.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't think she made a sacrifice. She loved what she was doing.
I didn't say she didn't. I don't think she regrets doing it, either. I'm just saying that in making the choice to pursue her entertainment career, she gave up alternatives that could no longer be followed. Dropping out of school was just the beginning. She has to be much more cautious about who she talks to and where she lets herself be seen than most people do. She can't go be a tourist in Mexico without a bodyguard. She has strangers poking into her private life. She has to keep the beach in Corsica where her family hangs out secret because fans would descend on the place in great numbers and ruin it. These are not small sacrifices. She makes them willingly, though, I agree -- she could give it all up any time she wanted and become obscure. (I strongly suspect Jérémy would prefer it if she did, too.)

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-10-2010, 04:21 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well you would think leaving school would be an unwise choice, not only because you're stopping an education process which is so important, but also because you lose out on a very important part of your life growing up wise in the process. But what do you think would have happened if she told MF and LB that she'd like to finish school first. Well she'd still be dancing her way across Corsica, a virtual unknown. I think she had to make the choice she did and doesn't regret it.

She's found fame and fortune in the early stages of her career. How she handles it and develops it remains to be seen. If she has to put an end to this career at a still very early stage in her life, that lack of education, may come back to haunt her.
Alizee has gotten a much better education than any formal one she would have gotten. Alizee is very intelligent and if she needs further training for employment purposes I'm sure she will. I believe any sacrifice made by parents or Alizee has been matched by many blessings.
By the way Scruffy your childhood story of sacrifice by your mother and aunt was touching and gratifying that you acknowledge their sacrifices. I bet neither of them saw it as a sacrifice though. Natural acts of kindness and love for their children I suspect. Thanks Scruffy for sharing that story with us.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:15 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

What I think is that the toughest decision her father as to make was to let her
be taken under Mylene's wing...

I can imagine what kind of face Jo must have made when she told him that she'going to be involved in a Farmer concept called "Lolita"
Old 07-10-2010, 08:30 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post

I can imagine what kind of face Jo must have made when she told him that she'going to be involved in a Farmer concept called "Lolita"
Was it this face?

True, some parents see children as a burden, but most see them as a blessing. A lot of parents not only willingly do whatever they can for their kids, but also wish they could do a lot more.

As for Alizée, she'd been going to dance school, and by the time she was "discovered" her parents already knew their girl was far too talented to keep to themselves forever. I think the toughest "sacrifice" parents have to make is when they let their children go.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Most fathers would have some misgivings about their cute teenage daughters doing something like that. Jo Jacotey might be an exception. When Alizée was picked as sexiest woman in France and no. 2 in the world by FHM magazine, Jo linked it on Facebook. Granted she's not a teenager any more, but how many fathers crow that "my daughter is so sexy"?

I imagine that once Jo was satisfied that Mylène is responsible and not a flake, he was entirely cool with the idea. As for his face, well, I'm sure it was a surprise, but probably a pleasant one. More than , leading quickly to .

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-10-2010, 09:57 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

And then very quckly to once he discovered how much success!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
She can't go be a tourist in Mexico without a bodyguard.
Like many stars of her stature, and even those of greater renown, with careers spanning many decades, there are numerous countries in the world in which Alizée is virtually unknown. Do I have to say it? To the great dismay of many people at AAm, that includes the United States! And almost no tourists of any age, let alone as young as she, enjoy as fat a pocketbook.

In my experience, most (US) kids Alizée's age are delighted to be free of their parents if their financial help is not vital. In this regard, I find Alizée to be a real anomaly, and of great delight to typical parents.

As far as her years age 16 and 17, despite long work hours, I bet Alizée actually saw more of her mother than most that age, for want of the age peers on the road she would have had at home. Further, compared to when I was young, long distance telephony was almost free by then and Dad was always only a ring away. (His ring tone is "Papa Don't Preach" says the Corsican girl with a giggle.) I'd guess her Mom was much more inconvenienced by the need to travel with Alizée than was her Dad to remain at home with Johann and the Corsican clan. Incessant work travel really isn't fun for most people.

As for dropping out of high school, someone from a middle-class family, even with passionate academic ambitions, would have to be truly nuts to give up the opportunity to become a millionaire even before a very youthful marriage. Any time she wants, Alizée can earn her "Bac" and go on to University if that is her desire, without a care in the world about the expense, save the loss of potential earnings. The housemaster of my undergrad dorm, a tenured professor at a prestigious research university, didn't earn his high school diploma until he was 21, so he could serve the navy during World War Two.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:53 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

I do believe her parents made a sacrifice as well as she. However, I think the outcome of it all was well worth it.

I'm sure that almost any of us, if given the same oppurtunity at that age, would have taken it. She was able to go out and live up a dream, her dream, and all at a young age. But she does have that fan factor though, where she must be a little more cautious now. Not having her parents around as much, especially starting at a young age, could have been a little tough for her too. With as important as her family is to her, I'm sure she missed her father almost as much as he missed her. As for dropping out of school early, I don't think its that big of a sacrifice given her situation. She is definitely able to get even better education now, if she wants or even needs it. The only thing that would be sacrificial about leaving school early would be leaving friends. Depending on how close she was to them, that could have been very tough as well. In the end, I think she did what most would do though. Even though there were a few sacrifices here and there, the end result made up for it.

Her parents made sacrifices as well, but I don't think they did anything that about any other loving parent wouldn't have done. Even while I have never been in their situation, as I am still young, I do know that a child being away from a parent is tough or at least different. I know this from my long leaves from my mother. When I'd get back she would always tell me how much she missed me, fix me a big dinner, and all that stuff . So with Alizée's mother being with her until 18, I'd say the biggest sacrifice would have been from Jo. But I don't really know this for sure as I obviously wasn't in their shoes. Not being able to see your daughter must be tough, but knowing that she is doing well helps. I'm sure he worried to an extent and definitely missed her, but I think that he trusted her. I think it all comes down to trust and love on the parents part. They first trusted their daughter with the choice to drop school, leave home, and live her dream at a young age. If I were a father in this situation, I would hope that I could have trust in my daughter/son to be able to handle the situation. I'm sure he had trust in her with as strong and as smart of a person she is. Then there is their love. Of course her parents only want the best for her. If a child is offered to live their dream, almost any parent would want them to go do it just so they are happy. Parents want the best for their children, and that is what they did in this situation, I believe. They allowed Alizée the best.

So while I see there were sacrifices made on both sides, in the end, I don't think they were all that devistating. With her frequent visits home, they could all see eachother. Their time together would really count too. And I'm sure they really realized their appreciation for eachother more.

Whatever sacrifices that were made, I'd say they were definitely worth it. Alizée's success makes up for it all. All the sacrifices were for her success and for her to be happy living her dream.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
From what I have read she spent four days a week in Paris and flew home every weekend. She spends close to week every month in Ajaccio with her family. She is extremely close to her family. ............................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I would not overstate the "sacrifice" that Jo and Michelle made. As has already been stated, Alizée made frequent visits to Corsica as a teenager and in fact she still does. Her family did not lose contact with her. There have been contributions of time, especially in the earlier years by her mother and today by her father as a photographer, but it wasn't that onerous. Nor is Paris all that far from Ajaccio or difficult to get to.

Jo has been happy to have his daughter's fame attract interest in his photography, \

There are a lot of parents out there who if MF and LB came up to them and said we're going to take your daughter out of school and take her to Paris 4 days a week and make her a star, that the parents would say " Sure!..........Why don't you take her little brother too?". But I think most of us feel there is a specialness to her, a uniqeness to her that we can't explain and if they felt the same way too, then if she was gone for just one day a week from our lives, she would be sorely missed and as far as Jo being happy to have his daughters fame attract interest in his photography, I think he was just making the best of the situation. Which would you want? Alizée to be with you on a regular basis or to be able to take some photographs to show off your photography skills every once in a while? I guess it all depends on how much she meant to him.

Quote:

You have to remember too that because of Jo, she was a big fan of Madonna.
Being a big fan of Madonna then being taken under Mylene's wing..........what kind of thoughts were going through his head?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-10-2010 at 01:26 PM..