Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It must have been really tough on Alizée's parents when she was discovered by MF and LB. In her father's case, most fathers expect that when their daughters graduate from high school, that there's a good chance they might move off to college or maybe a job in a city far away and they're usually mentally prepared for that. But with Alizée, after being discovered, she left school I believe it was 2 years early. Even though from what I've heard, she went home on just about every weekend, I'm sure she spent a lot of time on those weekends with her freinds, telling them all about her experiences and the people she met. So he probably spent little time with her compared to before she was discovered. Knowing he'd be losing so much time with her, it must have been tough for him to let her go. Such a bright spot in his every day life, leaving him far sooner than he ever anticipated. But he allowed her to do it, because he knew it was a chance of a life time for her, knew she'd enjoy what she was doing. He did it knowing he'd be losing the biggest ray of sunshine in his life, because he loved her.

As far as her mother is concerned. From what I read, she traveled with her every where she went, until she was 18. That was what they agreed upon in order for her to drop out of school. Taking correspondence lessons was too a part of the agreement. So her mother left her home, her life, her husband on Corsica, just about every week.. I'm sure she enjoyed many of her days in Paris. But in my line of work, There's been a few occassions where I've been living in one city and working in another far away and I can tell you all that travelling get's old real quick. But she did it. She did it for Alizée.

Her two parents made big sacrifices for her, because they loved her.

I wonder if Alizée realizes how big a sacrifice they made?

When I was a teenager, I had some cousins who due to our love for skiing, became very close. I used to go up to their place to pick them up on the way to the mountains. Now none of us kids had much money. But my aunt, who was seperated, would give what little money she had to her kids, so they could go. I didn't realize til later on in life when I was going through some tough financial times of my own, what a big sacrifice she had made for us. A few years later, after getting married and getting a job that had good travel benefits, I had hoped to take my aunt and my mother who had made sacrifices for me on some trips as a way of repaying them. Well my aunt had arthritis in her knees real bad. She had to go through knee replacement surgery on 2 occassions.. After the first one, I would stop at the hospital every day on my way to work with newspapers, magazines, pictures of our many pets which she loved to see. Nobody else in her family stopped by as often as me.

Then about a month later, she had the second knee replaced. Once again I was visiting her every day. Then there came Valentines day. I had gone down to my parents house to do some remodeling work on their bathroom. I had picked up a box of chocolates that I planned on dropping off at my aunts on the way home. Well the work at my parents place took longer than expected and I was dam tired when I left for the hour long drive to the hospital near my home, so I decided not to go. Well I forget the exact story, but I believe my aunt wasn't supposed to be taking aspirin, but she took it anyways. She had a blood clot and because there was no monitoring equipment on her, she passed away that night. There were a lot of feelings about what happened but I'd just like to say about one of them is that I felt cheated, because I had hoped to repay her more for what she did for us.

So I'm just wondering does Alizée know how big a sacrifice her parents made for her. I'm sure she probably does and I know she would have done the exact same thing for them.
wow scruffy, thats deep and very well written.... but unfortunately I think the answer is a very simple one.... and that is NO! I don't think any child understands how much their parents truly sacrifice for them, I think it is just human nature to take them granted until it is too late. A parents love for a child is usually unconditional and it is hard for a kid to see it any other way when for their whole entire existence... since the very pain their mother felt while giving birth...... their parents have always had to sacrifice for them. That is why they will never truly appreciate the entirety of what their parents have done for them throughout their lives ... because parental sacrifice is something we all expect will always come to us, no matter what! Alizee is only human, so that is why the answer is no.She does not fully understand the sacrifice her parents have done for her, maybe when Annily gets older she will only start to grasp it.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-10-2010, 04:51 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
... Alizee is only human...
Stop blasphemy !

Old 07-10-2010, 05:50 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Watch this video and dare to tell me you could stand to be away from this this woman for more that a day, if you had a choice in the matter.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/srlhKBUbQjM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/srlhKBUbQjM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I hope in the next few weeks to improve on some of the video problems with this video.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

If I was married to her, I'd need occasional time apart just like I would in any relationship. (Good thing, too, because I'd have it whether I wanted it or not -- her career takes her away from home a lot.) If I was her father, I'd be happy to see her grown, happy, and on her own, though also happy to have her come visit. Not being able to stand separation for a day is unhealthy.

I really don't know what most parents would do, I just know something about what Jo is like. He's artistic and rebellious. His attitudes cannot be deduced from those of the common herd. One always makes sacrifices for one's children but I really don't think that having her go off under Mylène's wing and become rich and famous was all that great a sacrifice for him. Not like having to watch a sick child go through cancer therapy or see a child get in trouble with the law. He's not the type to get all puritanical about her being sexy on stage, and he's got an artistic career or would-be career of his own, so he wouldn't object to that.

Alizée's mother, Michelle Jacotey, I know nothing about beyond her appearance (which is lovely), but then again, she puts up with Jo, so she can't be completely stodgy.

There's a tendency among Alizée's fans to get overly sentimental about her and paint aspects of her personal life in sepia tones. No real harm in it, but it bears little relationship to the truth in most cases.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-10-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
If I was married to her, I'd need occasional time apart just like I would in any relationship. (Good thing, too, because I'd have it whether I wanted it or not -- her career takes her away from home a lot.) If I was her father, I'd be happy to see her grown, happy, and on her own, though also happy to have her come visit. Not being able to stand separation for a day is unhealthy.
Four days a week for over 2 years does not constitute occasional time and at the age of 15, I don't think you'd consider her fully grown.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

So what are you saying, Scruffy? Do you disapprove or something? She was home as often as any kid who goes away to boarding school or more so.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-11-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
So what are you saying, Scruffy? Do you disapprove or something? She was home as often as any kid who goes away to boarding school or more so.
You're right about the boarding school, but that type of school is something they would have probably been mentally prepared for, where as this sudden stardom I'm sure was probably very unexpected.

Now I could be totally wrong here. She might have the most devoted and loving father in the world, who might be perfectly fine with having her gone for 4 days a week, every week as long as he got to see her on the weekends.
But I think in most cases, it would be pretty depressing to have someone like her as a daughter and have her be gone so many days of the year in the unexpected way that she was.

First of all she's a beautiful girl. Having her around the house, must be like having something like the Mona Lisa hanging in your living room. A work of art to treasure. Then you come home one day and find it stolen, in a sort of way.

Then there is the beauty of the person. We don't really know what she is like as a person, but we get glimmers of what she is like by interviews, tv shows, and people who've had the luck of meeting her on a personal basis.

Still we have to do a lot of assuming of what she is like. But there are so many postive indications that I'm sure she is as a wonderful a person as we think she is.

We've never really heard any bad stories about her, but we have heard a lot of good ones. There was one interview at an event where several stars were present, the interviewer said she was the most down to earth, easiest person to talk to there.

I had started work on another video a while back that I was going to call Expressions of Alizée. I was going to put together a bunch of clips showing different facial expressions over the years. I hadn't gotten through the first 2 albums yet and still had 2 more to go, when things got real busy for me and I haven't had time to pursue it any more lately. So I decided to show what I had so far, though I modified it quite a bit for this thread.

I wanted to show the different expresions of hers. The most important ones being when she's not singing, but when she's being interviewed or on tv shows or after she's done singing, where you get a better glimpse of what she is like.

One moment I'd like to point out is at about 50 seconds. A young fan almost pulls her into the audience. Some singers in this country would have bitch slapped him, but Alizée just gets a great big smile on her face.

Then there is when she's about to drive away in a limo and a reporter is trying to ask her a question and while answering, she has a great big smile on her face and even makes a funny face at her.

So many indications that this is just a wonderfully pleasant person to be around.

My point being is if she was gone from anyone's houselhold for more than just a few days in a month, she would be sorely missed.

Know like I said, Jo may have loved her deeply, and might not have had a problem with her being gone 4 days a week, but I think the "average" father would have felt there was a big void in his life where something beautiful and precious used to be.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PCpXxW5xqsA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PCpXxW5xqsA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-11-2010 at 02:14 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 02:37 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Damn scruff, everytime I move a little bt away from her, you pull me back in with one of these videos... That was amazing...
Old 07-12-2010, 01:53 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Another great video Scruffy. Just adorable in every way isn't she?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Like any father would want, Im sure Alizée's father and her mother wanted what was best for thier daughter even if it did involve sacrafice. When I was 15 I had become such a problem child that the local police in my town highly recommended to my mother that I be placed into The US Army the minute I became 16. To make me grow up. I was a horror at that age and I will never know how my mom did it with me and my brother. At my 16 birthday the process began for me to be shipped off to Uncle Sam. And before I turned 17 my parental figures had now become Drill Seargents and Officers in The US Army. What type of sacrafice my mother made when she signed over her son to the military I will never know. I know it was a huge one. But my mother wanting the best for her son gladly made that sacrafice for my betterment. And if MF came to me regarding a daughter of mine in the same fashion as Alizées parents were approached, Im sure some of the same conditions should have applied, correspondence schooling, visitation, and close supervision would have been the only way I could have done it. And we can all heartily agree that all of us should feel a certain sense of gratitude to her family for allowing Alizée to pursue her dreams, for in this Alizée has touched us all. And as for education, if Alizée ever needs to further her education at this point in her life she may finance an education at any institution she wishes and pursue any degree she chooses with the money she has already made. Anything worth anything at all in this world generally involves sacrifice in one form or another. And I would like to take this opportunity to thank Alizée and her entire family for making the required sacrafices to launch her career. And ditto many others Scruffy, your story is quite touching, thankyou for sharing that with all of us. It should serve as a reminder to us all about the sacrafices all of our elders have made in our lives.