Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-14-2018, 04:59 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road
Default Artificial intelligence

Earlier I had mentioned artificial intelligence taking jobs. Here's another computer replacing people: https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/13/tec...ers/index.html
Old 07-14-2018, 05:34 PM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

Digital revolution?
Old 07-14-2018, 11:03 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

What happens to the self driving cars when some prankster starts lining the roadways with these? They can't run her down and can't get out to move it. (If not hauling any people)

Old 07-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
What happens to the self driving cars when some prankster starts lining the roadways with these? They can't run her down and can't get out to move it. (If not hauling any people)
That is when the car explodes.

I say that partially tongue in cheek, but anything AI will have to make some moral judgments based on what bias the manufacturer will choose to give it. In case of an impending collision, will saving a human life inside or outside the car always win out over other species? Or damage to a structure that might cost millions to repair? I would not bet on it.

It is no secret that millions of workers will be permanently displaced by robots in the next few decades. California has already been experimenting with a "guaranteed basic income" for residents in Stockton, California. I'm sure the elites who are driving this move to implement their version of utopia have bigger plans for all the "useless eaters".
Old 07-16-2018, 01:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

This makes me think about what warfare will be like in the future. I saw recently where it was posted (maybe here) where a large transport type plane would fly over a city or base they wanted to attack and it would release thousand of these miniature drones and they would be programmed to go at a person's head and when it contacted it, it would set off a relatively small explosive charge, just large enough to kill a person.

Then I read about how the Russians would attack a U.S. aircraft carrier. They would launch about 30 cruise missiles at it, with all but one staying low, below the horizon. One would rise up high enough to see the ship and relay the info to the other missiles. If it was shot down, then one of the remaining 29 would rise up to take it's place.

It's just fascinating to think what warfare will be like in the future.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:51 PM

Little Corsican Cutie is on a distinguished road

That's nothing! Now they're working on robotic people - robots that actually look like real people. Imagine walking down the street and some of the people are actually machines. Think - TERMINATOR!! Imagine that - they already have "sex robots" for perverts! What's next - they're going to replace us all?
Old 07-11-2019, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaylee View Post
Ray Kurzweil has some great documentaries about this. Computers are advancing at an exponential rate. Moore's law states transistors double in microchips every two years but, size might limit that. If we can get into quantum computing and photonics that would fix this. Artificial intelligence could pass the Turing test for human intelligence in 2029. The singularity is possible in 2045. We'll have nanobots in our bodies to cure diseases and medical tricorders. Aging will be seen as a disease and we will become immortal. This is just a prediction though not fact.
I read somewhere last year that Bezos and other multi-zillionaires are heavily investing in life extension research. The problem with this is if immortality is ever reached, it will be for the select few (the elite) and whoever they deem to be worthy to keep around. Their nanobots should be able to treat mental disorders, because the way the world is, being immortal would lead to insanity eventually.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Musk wants to put a chip in our brains? I'll take a pass. I don't want my brain catching fire like his cars.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:00 AM
Administrator

“China restricted 2.56 million discredited entities from purchasing plane tickets, and 90,000 entities from buying high-speed rail tickets in July,” tweeted the Global Times, a Chinese government mouthpiece.

China's "social credit" system is what frightens me because.. eventually.. it might spread everywhere. Talk about ultimate control. Some examples of what is being tracked:

– Bad driving.
– Smoking on trains.
– Buying too many video games.
– Buying too much junk food.
– Buying too much alcohol.
– Calling a friend who has a low credit score .
– Having a friend online who has a low credit score.
– Posting “fake news” online.
– Criticizing the government.
– Visiting unauthorized websites.
– Walking your dog without a leash.
– Letting your dog bark too much.
– Watching too many Alizee videos.

OK, so I added that last one in myself.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:18 AM
Administrator

FaceBook already does a form of social scoring based on what you post. Twitter, same.