Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-08-2012, 03:15 PM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

Sure something in her opinion went wrong..
She don't just do music for fun, she also wants to make money and shes trying to find a style which could make her earn more money. Sure she is also an artist, but it's not like she is spending her talent in selfless music providing.

Quote:
While I'm still a fan, I believe that the only reason she became successful was because MF picked her up and gave her a costume to step into. The MF-LB Alizee was all an act, she was told how to behave during interviews, what to say or not say, how to perform. It was a very meticulously crafted image. Alizee just gave it a face and a voice. It could have been anyone, it just happened to be Alizee Jacotey. Now that it's over, I don't think "just Alizee" has the drive or personality to become a success again. She's beautiful, yes, but there are a lot of beautiful people in this world. She is basically a model, she can do very well for herself, but only if someone gives her an outfit to wear and calls all the shots for her, including directing her behavior.
This.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:19 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivealizee View Post
It happends to sooo many "stars"...
You could foresee it when she had success that it wouldn't be forever.. there are so many c-lebrities, Alizée is clearly one of them.
That is true, and honestly I see nothing wrong with not being as popular as you used to be. I mean no one is really a superstar forever. Yes, there are exceptions like Madonna and Cher, Michael Jackson, etc, but I'd say most artists like to maintain somewhat of an even level of fame. I think the thing with Alizee is that she seems to want fame when it's convenient and the entertainment business is just too fickle for that.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:43 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I think the thing with Alizee is that she seems to want fame when it's convenient and the entertainment business is just too fickle for that.
I think you're spot on there. I really don't think she wants to meet the demands of being a 'superstar' and prefers to strive for a 'better' work/life balance. If that is the case then I approve 100% and if she can pull it off then that is great for her IMO but I get the feeling that a lot of her fans would prefer her to be a 24/7 megastar. There are numerous things she could do if she wanted all the fame and fortune of a megastar - eg living in Paris for a start - but she chooses to live in Corsica and that speaks volumes to me about her core values.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:52 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

"She does not want to be a megastar"

While that phrase can be true, she could not be a megastar even if she wanted to. So that affirmation is irrelevant, the fact is that she is not a top musician or celebrity, and I think most of us are not bothered because of that, so no problem.
She is a beautiful singer with a lot of charm, but she has no ambition or musical talent. Nothing wrong with that, I think she is the first to know that, otherwise she would act like a diva and behave in very odd ways.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:00 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post

While that phrase can be true, she could not be a megastar even if she wanted to. So that affirmation is irrelevant, the fact is that she is not a top musician or celebrity, and I think most of us are not bothered because of that, so no problem.
She is a beautiful singer with a lot of charm, but she has no ambition or musical talent. Nothing wrong with that, I think she is the first to know that, otherwise she would act like a diva and behave in very odd ways.
well... she has talent, but must find the right way and the right people

Old 08-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post

She is better than a "mega star" to me and that is all that matters.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:07 PM

True that, but that's not the topic.

IMO she wants to be a megastar and tries hard to get back to the top, but she seem to be at one's wits' end, I think she tries the diffrent styles not just because she finds it interesting.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:37 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
well... she has talent, but must find the right way and the right people
If she needs all of that then she is not that talented...

Talented people just need a chance and a little bit of luck imo.
But I don't mean it in an offensive way, I like her. The fact that she does not play instruments, or she does not write her music or her lyrics it is not that important to me.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:47 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Why do people presume her career is headed in the wrong direction because she chose a path that those people do not agree with? Do we know what her goals were? Do we know what her ambitions were? Do we know for fact that she wanted that Popstar Status symbol? No we dont. She had her plans, and she has stuck to them. If anything, blame the Media for starting this type of topic and/or supposed myth. The Media didnt get what they wanted, and they want to paint Alizee as someone who dont care about her career.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Why do people presume her career is headed in the wrong direction because she chose a path that those people do not agree with?
Because it's hard to believe that a 14-16 year old girl who participates in music shows and sends demotapes to MF doesn't want to be succesfull. And also her new albums and changes of styles say "I want to be famous (again)".
Sure, she is artist, but she wants to make money with her work too, and not just a little bit.
Believing something else is just blinded.