Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-08-2015, 11:29 AM

Djr654 is on a distinguished road
Default My descent into insanity

I realise that what I'm about to say, or at least something very similar, has been posted here before on various occasions by different people. While I don't particularly want to repeat what has been said previously, I do need to tell someone about this as a means of dealing with my emotions.

It all concerns what has happened to me since I discovered Alizée just over four weeks ago. It was a Saturday evening, and I was browsing Youtube. Thinking back, I believe I was watching a video of Madonna's Like a Prayer, and Alizée's La Isla Bonita came up as one of the suggested videos. I should mention that I had vaguely heard of Alizée before (I knew she was a French singer), but I'd never watched her or heard any of her music. Out of curiosity, I clicked on the LIB video. Wow. I saw a beautiful girl, with a great voice, singing a wonderful song. This, though, in itself, was insufficient to induce any particular emotions, and if I'd stopped there and turned the computer off or whatever, I wouldn't be writing this now.

Of course, I didn't stop there though. My interest had been piqued, and I clicked on one of her J'en Ai Marre performances, and that was pretty much the point of no return. Hook, line and sinker. About 3 hours later, I surfaced, having watched and re-watched various performances (mainly JEAM, JPVA, ML and ACC). Her incredible physical beauty, (especially the face, eyes and smile), together with her voice and the great music, captivated me.

Over the next week, I spent all of my free time on Youtube, drinking in as much Alizée as I could. Of course, it wasn't long before I came across En Concert, which just blew me away. I realised how amazing it would have been to have been there and see her perform live. However, I also noticed something else. Upon reading the comments on the videos I watched, I found that I was unhappy with the crude, lewd and disrespectful things that some people had posted (I would hesitate to use such a strong word as "angry", but you know what I mean). I realised that my feelings for Alizée ran deeper than I had previously imagined.

Thus driven away from the YT comments sections (cesspit of the internet?), I put something like "Alizée discussion" into Google, and I ended up on this forum. Lurking here, and going through a lot of the threads, I was driven deeper into Alizée madness...the amazing things that people here have to say about her, for example her personality and so on. Of course I also came across mention of Stars a Domicile 2003 , which I checked out, and have since watched many times. (By the way, does anyone know of any videos of this with English subtitles? There don't seem to be any on YT, and the various links I've found seem to be dead/return the 404 error. Also the FunTV interview with subtitles). I also found Un Reve's post about meeting her (just to clarify, I realise this isn't going to happen to me; I know I've got more chance of winning the lottery than I have of meeting and talking to Alizée, and I don't even play the lottery, but I certainly have my dreams/fantasies...).

Alizée is now on my mind pretty well 24/7: she's the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning, and the last thing I think of before I go to sleep at night (not really sleeping that well though). This isn't a problem as such: I still go to work and so on, and I'm single and will be so indefinitely (for reasons I won't go into here), so the issue of comparing other women to Alizée doesn't arise. However, in the last four weeks I have:

Gone past my stop on the train (twice) because I was daydreaming about Alizée;
Gone to bed every night hoping to dream about her (vain hope so far);
Learnt what limerence is (read the Wikipedia article; I should point out that I don't expect reciprocity from her; I might be insane, but I'm not completely deluded);
Gone to bed hugging a pillow imagining it was Alizée;
Got sleep deprived because I'm staying up until stupid o'clock in the morning on the computer, then not sleeping when I do go to bed.

On the upside, I have noticed an improvement in my mood; I feel happier and more cheerful with Alizée in my life, so it's not all bad.

Sorry for the long post (is anyone out there still reading?), but I had to get some of this stuff out, and I know everyone on here will understand where I'm coming from. I'm still trying to sort out my emotions around all this, and venting some stuff here is cathartic for me.

Right, I'm off now to get my daily dosage of you know who...
Old 02-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you have a textbook case of being bitten by the Lili bug!

The effect she has on people is funny, isn't it? I had a similar introduction to Alizée myself: one night I stumbled across a performance of J'en Ai Marre, and I just couldn't get it out of my head. The next day I felt compelled to watch it again... and again, and again. Never before nor after has an artist ever captivated me like this. There sure is something special about Alizée.

There is, of course, no cure for this madness. You can only help manage it through proper daily dosage of Alizée music and videos. The upside is that there is no happier affliction on Earth!

As for Stars a Domicile, I don't know of any subtitled versions of the 2003 episode, but there is a subtitled version of the 2001 episode (the end had me in tears!).

Old 02-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djr654 View Post
I realise that what I'm about to say, or at least something very similar, has been posted here before on various occasions by different people.
Yes, a path many have taken to end up here. Very similar in some ways to my own, especially the mood improvement.

I found these vids for you on YT with English subtitles embedded in the video.

Enjoy your new journey! Don't hesitate to post any questions or observations you have about the world of Alizée, there are many members here with extensive knowledge of everything Alizée.

Edit

I found a subtitle file that goes along with this video...
I had to split into two parts to attach it here, and also I had to rename it .txt instead of .srt .

If you don't know how to download the video from YT and play it on your PC with the subtitles file it's not too difficult to do, I can write up instructions if necesary.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 02-08-2015 at 03:09 PM..
Old 02-08-2015, 05:22 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Hey Djr654;
I just got back from vacation and have a ton of stuff to do including getting ready for another blizzard when there's not enough room to put the snow we already have.

So I can only post a few quick things here and will get back later with more.

Here is a site that provides a pretty good history of Alizée, especially the early years;
http://vdb.alizee.cz/downloads.php

In going through the history, you will find that for each performance, if a video was made, a key word will be highlighted in some way. But you will also find a lot of those links are dead. Even so, most are still out there and the best place to find them are the DC++ hub. A hub for sharing files. There is a thread in this forum about it and how to join it.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5956

Why don't you let us know about your computer and your internet connection. You will need a large hard drive just for all the Alizée stuff that's out there.

If you don't have a good set up, sometime ago I made up a dvd with 3 videos on it, her two appearances in Stars a Domicile (2001 & 2003 - both have English subtitles) and her appearance at the 2000 music awards. You have seen the M6 music awards??????????? She was nominated for the French revelation of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1jMLHK2hKI

Just another great moment that made us fall even more in love with her. As with your having trouble finding SAD 2003 with subtitles; you too will probably have trouble finding the M6 show with subtitles but it's out there: I'm sure somewhere in the dc hub.

There is a thread in this forum for looking for different videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1jMLHK2hKI

If you have trouble finding the SAD (Stars a Domicile) 2003 video and/or downloading it, let me know and I will send the dvd to you. I also still have a few autographed cds of her.

There is something else you will like to see if you like that show is Jessica (the girl Alizée surprised) wrote 2 letters after that. one was after the initial experience of meeting Alizée; the second was when she went to see Alizée at the Olympia theater I believe it was for the actual show.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...jessica+letter

I have the feeling you have just touched the tip of a very big and very beautiful iceberg. Feel free to ask any questions in here you might have.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-08-2015 at 05:41 PM..
Old 02-08-2015, 09:09 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

I think there are two different English subtitles for the Stars a Domicile 2003 video:

1) Stars a Domicile 2003-08-23 (TheLarch), it's (.rar) file 6,41 KB

and

2) Stars a Domicile 2003-08-23 (JohnDoe), it's (.rar) file 7,00 KB

If there is a need I could try to upload both of these two subtitles here in this thread.

I'm not sure but it seems to me that none of them fits the above-mentioned video in the post #3 by Ray4AJ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nWy02l-UBw

This is because both the subtitles are approximately 20 minutes in length (I think), while this youtube video is 25:32 min in length.
So, what you need to do is that you need to download the video from youtube to your computer, and then start the video in e.g. VLC player, and start one of these subtitles. However, the subtitle will not match the video because the difference is about 5 minutes in length, as I mentioned! This discrepancy can be adjusted in the VLC player there at one of its menus, so that the subtitle starts with a delay that you need, in this case it could be a delay of about 5 minutes or so. Then it could work well.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:22 PM
Last Fan Standing

It works perfectly for me.

Thelarch file begins with:

Quote:
00:01:05,700 --> 00:01:10,000
Flavie Flament: Good evening. Wow!
One can feel an audience in pretty good shape.
Which corresponds to the moment when the woman interviewer starts talking to the audience after the first minute of show intro.

The last subtitle is

Quote:
00:20:28,600 --> 00:20:30,400
But you're 15,
and it's a beautiful age.
Which happens in that video at 20:28 at the end of the interview. The rest of the video is the JPVA performance.

I guess they didn't do any subs after the song.

The JohnDoe file must correspond to a different video file that cut out the first minute of intro.

EDIT I added those two .rar files here for those so inclined

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 02-08-2015 at 09:37 PM..
Old 02-08-2015, 10:10 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
It works perfectly for me.

Thelarch file begins with:

Which corresponds to the moment when the woman interviewer starts talking to the audience after the first minute of show intro.

The last subtitle is

Which happens in that video at 20:28 at the end of the interview. The rest of the video is the JPVA performance.

I guess they didn't do any subs after the song.

The JohnDoe file must correspond to a different video file that cut out the first minute of intro.

EDIT I added those two .rar files here for those so inclined

Yes, you're right, the video works well with the Stars a Domicile 2003-08-23 (TheLarch) subs.
I just downloaded the video from YouTube and started it with subtitles in VLC player, works well.
I have not watched it since long time ago.

Just a tip (for those who do not know).
If you want your subtitle launch automatically when you start the video, the name of the video file and the name of the subtitle file must be the same!, and these two files must be in the same folder on your computer.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:32 PM
Last Fan Standing

I'm glad to hear it worked! I was scared because I thought I had checked it earlier. I just watched it again, Alizée is so amazing! Something I noticed this time that I hadn't before was that Alizée wore the dolphin bracelet that Jessica gave here during the JPVA performance. It had to be sliding all around during those moves.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:48 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Another moment Djr654 might get a kick out of is when Alizée was singing JPVA, her outfit was a little bit revealing when looked at from behind. Jessica's little brother Alex noticed it and Alex's mother noticed that Alex had noticed it.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-09-2015 at 08:50 AM..
Old 02-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

Some might say that Alex had a poor view of the performance since he wasn't facing the stage, but Alex would probably argue that he had the best seat in the house.