Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-06-2019, 06:03 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road
Default How is Alizée present in your everyday life?

Hi everyone, I have a question for you: how much Alizée is there in your life and how?

Personally, the more the better. But I guess everyone is busy because of work, school, family and so on. So you can't think of Alizée 24/7. But we are great fans of that smiling Corsican, so how do you conciliante your errands with your wish to see her beautiful smile or to hear her wonderful voice?

As for me, every evening before sleeping, I'm on YouTube to listen to music and watch music videos. I usually watch all the other stuff and save Alizée's videos and songs for the end. Probably I dedicate at least 1h a day to Alizée. Now I'm on vacation and have no WI fi, so it's even better because I only have my Alizée videos and songs on my smartphone.
But I also follow lots of Alizée related Instagram and Facebook pages (I have one myself) and obviously this forum lately. I find that it is a really good way to make Alizée a stable part of your life, because at any moment you could receive an Alizée related notification or see a photo or a video of her on your Fb/Ig/YT wall.

So what about you?

P. S. This is my first thread, so if there is anything wrong, let me know
Old 08-06-2019, 06:53 PM

baronstrucker is on a distinguished road

Despite the fact that I discovered her months ago, her music is a huge part of my everyday life. I can't go a day without listening to her music or watching her videos, otherwise I'd lose my mind. While I'm at work, I listen to Alizee. When I am home, I listen to alizee, while I'm out and about doing other things, I listen to alizee. When I sleep, I put on her music. She's helped brighten up my days when I feel depressed or stressed.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Great post question, Aragorn! I have acquired several of Alizée’s cds and DVDs, and I listen to/watch them often. I also enjoy looking up her performances on YouTube. I follow this forum regularly and, though I don’t always post a lot (lately I’ve had some things going on that have been getting in the way) I thoroughly enjoy reading the posts in all the current threads. I also go back through the past threads and read through them, when I have time.
I have spent time attempting to translate/analyze the lyrics to some of her songs, and I find that very interesting. The more I listen to Alizée’s music, the more I love it.

Last edited by Bamagirl; 08-07-2019 at 11:04 AM..
Old 08-06-2019, 08:33 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
P. S. This is my first thread, so if there is anything wrong, let me know
Aragorn - this is absolutely an appropriate thread! Plus, it is a very good question that I don't think has ever been asked before.

To answer your question, Alizee has made me smile since 2006. She always seems to brighten my day. I cannot say that I take a dose of Vitamin A every day, but I cannot go too many days without hearing her sing or seeing her perform. I guess outsiders might call me a nut job, but I know I am not. I'm a regular guy who found someone I can admire from afar. Alizee is so well grounded that I can identify with her. She is the ONLY singer or celebrity that I choose to follow.

Just today I went to the gym and listened to her music for at least half the workout. There is a lot of comfort in her voice.

I won't ever stop being her fan, no matter how old I get or how old she gets.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:16 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

12 years after discovering her, she's still a major part of my life. The majority of my 40-minute drive to an from work is filled with her music. At work, we have a 10-hour shift and most nights, we have at least an hour of downtime and I fill that time with videos from MCE, Gour, Blonde, SAGA, Les Enfoires, DALS, SAD and a few other misc performances.

Even when Alizee wasn't singing, she was a joy to watch!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-06-2019 at 11:18 PM..
Old 08-07-2019, 05:03 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

It's been 16 years since I discovered her and she had a huge impact and always played an important part in my life.

While I've to admit that for years I have neglected my duties of saving every recent photo of her and concentrated only on the videos that doesnt mean I would love her less than 16 years ago. But now she's living her "quiet" life in Corsica so I'm also "quieter" in being a fan - what actually corresponds well with my personal life. Since I'm in a relationship I have suddenly a lot more to do and a lot less time.

But I follow her on facebook, instagram and Twitter, keeping me updated about the latest news. And looking at her being happy always makes me happy.

I might not listen to her music every day yet when I do it gives me an enormous joy.

And surely I wouldn't have went to Warsaw last year if I would not adore this girl even with all the mistakes she made during her career and several disappoints I went through these 16 years. Because when I see her smile and listen to her music there's no chance I could ever let her go.

Sorry I'm rambling and my answer got a bit off topic but I'll just leave it this way.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:35 AM

Thank you for all your answers!

It's incredible to see how much joy Alizée can bring in our lives. She just needs 4 minutes of a song or even only a glance to light up a day. The more I know about Alizée, the more I'm fascinated by her.

Even though some of you were a bit off topic, it's better this way: I can almost see the smile on your faces while you were writing about Alizée.
And you also give me partial answers for another question I have. So thank you again!
Old 08-07-2019, 11:25 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And you also give me partial answers for another question I have.
Yes, you are right Aragorn. I didn't answer your questions directly, so I am trying again.

Quote:
I have a question for you: how much Alizée is there in your life and how?
Pretty much every day one way or another. Exceptions might be a holiday or doing something on a weekend where I don't have to opportunity to be at my computer or use my phone. I work from home, so I always have a browser page set to this forum and check it frequently. I also have a tab open for IG. I am not much of a FB user. I probably watch at least three or four videos a day during my "mental breaks", some days much more. Often I watch Les Enfoires as well.

Quote:
...so how do you conciliante your errands with your wish to see her beautiful smile or to hear her wonderful voice?
When I am away from home, I check IG often, get on AAm, and have many of my favorite videos on my Google drive that I can watch on my phone. Should I go on a multi-day business trip or vacation, my laptop is loaded with a ton of her media that I copied from my desktop computer. I listen to her music maybe five or six days a week.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Yes, you are right Aragorn. I didn't answer your questions directly, so I am trying again.
As I said, no problem: your first answer was full of enthusiasm and love! Nevertheless I appreciate this one, too