Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 01-23-2019, 10:08 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
This appearance on the show 'Le Grand Blind Test' kind of shows a side of Alizee we don't get to see too often, where she is being tested, although it's just on the subject of music. It shows to me anyways she is quick minded. Even though she passed many times in most cases she passed quickly, knowing right away she didn't know the song or knew it would take too long to figure it out and she got the high score. It's not an acid test but like I said, I think it shows she is quick of mind.

From what I can ascertain she is a very bright, very intelligent young lady, that has grown to "know her own mind", who has matured into quite the "alpha female", that will only be "subservient" to those in her life that she has deemed it appropriate to be so.

If I had to "guesstimate" her IQ, and I'm usually pretty darn accurate, I'd put it into the 130 to 150 range, mostly due to the fact that she is hugely "self-critical", which can both greatly enhance, and, greatly degrade your intellectual abilities.

Like someone else I know so very well, (me ), she does not need "enemies" or "critics", to tell her her "weak spots", or "failings" for, she has "herself".

A very "sharp", very "sweet", very "self-aware" person that does not suffer fools easily, or well, and that only the "chosen" few will actually get to "know".

If she "looks you in the eye", smiles, and says "you can call me Lilli", then I think you are one of the "chosen", and will get to meet the "real" Alizée.

The rest of us, the "hoi polloi", get to see whatever "role" or "persona" that she has assumed for the particular situation "in hand" at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
By the way, on that video when they had her sit back there in that mock beach scene with those two guys, she looked very uncomfortable with that arrangement.

The ending of that "appearance" "threw her a curve ball" that she was not at all prepared for, methinks, and she was kind of caught "off guard" for about a minute or so, until she "recovered" and had the presence of mind to "summon" some "arm candy" from her "team" to act as "defensive camouflage" and "distraction", to get her out of the" solo" "spotlight", for the rest of the segment.

And yeps, I pretty much think that she is not a "party animal" either, and only really relaxes amongst her select, "chosen few" friends, which is not a bad thing at all, in her situation.

The world really does not need to know anything about the "real" Alizée at all, really. She gets to have a life, "her life".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
What exactly does her father do? I've heard "engineer"--- and I think I've heard "computer engineer"-- from various sources. Does anyone know more specifically? I'm very curious.
Where did I hear that her father was a "computer software engineer". Damn, I can't remember. Hmmm...

I will have to go find out.

Career wise, if she were to be involved in a "technical career", I could see her as a "software engineer", which kind of leads/ties in to the DJ'ing thing, or maybe as a "Civil engineer", tending towards being an "Architect", which would allow her to exercise her creative abilities.

But, to be honest, if I were to pick a career for her, it would be as a "Pediatrician", or something in the "healthcare field" to do with children, for, if you look at her, she "shines", she "comes alive", when the "cause" is anything to do with "children".

Go look, and do some research, and you will see what I mean.

Be safe, y'all.

Last edited by RedRafe; 01-23-2019 at 10:31 PM..
Old 01-23-2019, 10:56 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Bottom line is, I think Alizee had reason to apply herself to courses I think on average, women don't usually do well at. That's why I have the impression she would have gone on to be an engineer.

Attachment 2459

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vgb...ew?usp=sharing[/QUOTE]

Excellent video. Great find. Alizee has a quick intelligence and is not distracted when under stress. In her stage performances, she is always prepared. Despite being shy and at moments of compassion teary-eyed, beneath the surface, she is a strong, intelligent woman. I love her expressions in this video when all the guys are kissing her for her victory.

Last edited by Shepherd; 01-23-2019 at 11:30 PM..
Old 01-24-2019, 12:49 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
If I had to "guesstimate" her IQ, and I'm usually pretty darn accurate, I'd put it into the 130 to 150 range, mostly due to the fact that she is hugely "self-critical", which can both greatly enhance, and, greatly degrade your intellectual abilities.
I don't know about the 130-150 range.

130 is certainly possible--- its statistically less likely, but one never knows. (A friend of mine has an older sister. She was tested as an adult, and her I.Q. was in the 140's. My friend was stunned--- he always thought his sister was an idiot. I think its hard to tell how smart or how dumb women actually are.)

I would suspect that Alizee's i.q. is somewhere above average. Perhaps 110-115-ish ????

That's why I'm curious about her dad--- intelligence is quite hereditary. So if her father has an I.Q. of 115, Alizee could have an I.Q. of 115. If her father has an I.Q. of 130, Alizee could have an I.Q. of 130. Etc.

If her dad is a computer guy, then he would have an I.Q. somewhere above 100. (Of course, his i.q. could be 105 or something like that-- technically "above average" but nothing to write home about.)

110-120 would be my "guesstimate" for Alizee.

Quote:
But, to be honest, if I were to pick a career for her, it would be as a "Pediatrician", or something in the "healthcare field" to do with children, for, if you look at her, she "shines", she "comes alive", when the "cause" is anything to do with "children".
Schoolteacher! I can easily imagine Alizee as a elementary schoolteacher!
Old 01-24-2019, 12:54 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As Shepherd said, everyone wanted to kiss her. I wonder why?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-24-2019 at 12:56 AM..
Old 01-24-2019, 05:30 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This appearance on the show 'Le Grand Blind Test' kind of shows a side of Alizee we don't get to see too often, where she is being tested, although it's just on the subject of music. It shows to me anyways she is quick minded. Even though she passed many times in most cases she passed quickly, knowing right away she didn't know the song or knew it would take too long to figure it out and she got the high score. It's not an acid test but like I said, I think it shows she is quick of mind.
From watching En Concert, I get the impression that Alizee is very good at keeping track of everything that is happening around her on the stage. All performers have to do that, but she's exceptionally good at it-- its an impressive mental skill.

Alizee's I.Q. probably isn't 130, but I would think it is above average. That's why I'm thinking 110, 115, or something like that, at a minimum, based on what I see in En Concert.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 01-24-2019 at 05:33 AM..
Old 01-24-2019, 11:31 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The ending of that "appearance" "threw her a curve ball" that she was not at all prepared for, methinks, and she was kind of caught "off guard" for about a minute or so, until she "recovered" and had the presence of mind to "summon" some "arm candy" from her "team" to act as "defensive camouflage" and "distraction", to get her out of the" solo" "spotlight", for the rest of the segment.

And yeps, I pretty much think that she is not a "party animal" either, and only really relaxes amongst her select, "chosen few" friends, which is not a bad thing at all, in her situation.

The world really does not need to know anything about the "real" Alizée at all, really. She gets to have a life, "her life".
I think maybe they were expecting Alizee to sit back and get comfy with the guys and she had nothing to do with that, sitting straight up. As a rule, she seems to like to keep her distance, especially with men, but she will push out her cheeks to be kissed if she trusts them. She obviously enjoys the affection, and there is no shortage of men who want to kiss her.

Alizee strikes me as a pretty honest person. I don't think the "real" Alizee is much different than what has been revealed about her publicly, either by her or other sources. People that have bumped into her on the street and even Scruffy walking into her dance studio last year have reported consistently the same Alizee.

Scruffy had posted a real quick interaction between her and Gregoire where he is asking her to be a certain way that is not herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9-Y-l8ot_c

I have seen a picture of Alizee drinking a glass of champagne with her father, and maybe she partied a bit when she moved to Paris pre-Annily, my hunch is that she experienced the party scene and determined it wasn't for her. She seems more inclined to enjoy a bottle of wine with her guy, a few friends or family members than going to big parties where she ends up with a lampshade on her head.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
In her stage performances, she is always prepared. Despite being shy and at moments of compassion teary-eyed, beneath the surface, she is a strong, intelligent woman. I love her expressions in this video when all the guys are kissing her for her victory.
She was impressively quick on which songs she knew. Marvin Gaye even.. She did not let the distractions of the game show setting keep her from concentrating. The video is good glimpse of a different side of Alizee.

Her expressions were great. I love that accent she has when she pronounces English.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
That's why I'm curious about her dad--- intelligence is quite hereditary. So if her father has an I.Q. of 115, Alizee could have an I.Q. of 115. If her father has an I.Q. of 130, Alizee could have an I.Q. of 130. Etc.

If her dad is a computer guy, then he would have an I.Q. somewhere above 100. (Of course, his i.q. could be 105 or something like that-- technically "above average" but nothing to write home about.)

110-120 would be my "guesstimate" for Alizee.
Her father's intelligence is a given, being an engineer. Definitely above average but as you suggest, we don't know by how much. I would be interested in her mother as well. Maybe she wasn't a "working" woman (outside the home), but that has no reflection of intelligence. The wife of a good friend chose to stay home and raise their children, and she is a walking encyclopedia, even without a college degree.

Your range for Alizee seems like a pretty reasonable estimate.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 01-24-2019 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-24-2019, 05:17 PM

I don't think Alizée would get a fair score on an aptitude test. Supposedly an iq test doesn't measure how much you've learned, but more your ability to learn and it tests you in some areas like analytical thinking and mathematical ability and dropping out of school, I think would have deprived her of some important 'experience' in those areas.

So what does this short clip tell us about Alizée?

Old 01-24-2019, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't think Alizée would get a fair score on an aptitude test. Supposedly an iq test doesn't measure how much you've learned, but more your ability to learn and it tests you in some areas like analytical thinking and mathematical ability and dropping out of school, I think would have deprived her of some important 'experience' in those areas.

So what does this short clip tell us about Alizée?
You are completely right, Scruffy. I know something about IQ tests, and they are far from perfect and they do not measure all types of intelligence. As a matter of fact, though I understand the need for some kind of standard of measurement of aptitude for certain purposes, in general I don't approve of standard IQ tests. There is a reason that in the past people were not told their so-called "IQ," and I don't approve of that information being included in students' records. It allows for far too much inaccurate assumption, in my opinion. I dislike throwing around "IQ" scores as though they tell the whole story about anyone.

All that being said, your video clip is a good example of Alizée's quick-witted-ness and poise. There is no question that that is a facet of intelligence. Whatever her score might be on a traditional "IQ" test, there is no doubt in my mind that she is a very intelligent woman--and I base that on numerous aspects of her life, career, and everything that we, the public, have been allowed to see of her.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:10 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I love that accent she has when she pronounces English.
Absolutely...

I could listen to that all day, no matter the subject...

She could read me a "Cereal box". or just quote passages from a "Dictionary".

I don't care, just as long as she didn't stop.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:32 PM

So what does this video tell us about Justin Bieber???