Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-30-2021, 10:24 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
in her stage appearances like the recent one in Poland rather than what she's been wearing. Those outfits make her look old beyond her years
I've been thinking the same thing.

Has the topic been discussed more extensively in the past.

It feels like Alizée would like to cover up her sexiness in those performances these days.

She may be tired of being “too sexy,” but she has it naturally!

Alizée 💜
Old 04-30-2021, 01:10 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
I've been thinking the same thing.

Has the topic been discussed more extensively in the past.

It feels like Alizée would like to cover up her sexiness in those performances these days.

She may be tired of being “too sexy,” but she has it naturally!
Not extensively though it's been mentioned numerous times. I brought up the subject during one of her previous trips to Poland where she wore a red dress. Now it was a very nice looking dress, but it really did nothing for her. It was much along the lines of what she wore this time.

I don't know if she's worried about her figure of if she doesn't want to look sexy anymore. She mentioned during Dals she was tired of the wiggles but she needs to realize, it was the entire package that made her a star. Her singing alone would not have done for her what the whole package did and she doesn't need to wear the skimpy outfits of the early years. I'd much rather see her in that outfit from Stars a Domicile or in a leather jacket she often wears with jeans than what I've seen her wear in Poland.

Here is an outfit she wore on stage in 2013 I believe it was and I think that frilly part or what ever you call it around the hips is an attempt to either hide her shape because she was worried about it, which she did not have to worry about or an attempt to look less sexy. She's still a very good looking woman and she should not be unwilling to show that on stage.

outfit.jpg
Old 04-30-2021, 04:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Not extensively though it's been mentioned numerous times. I brought up the subject during one of her previous trips to Poland where she wore a red dress. Now it was a very nice looking dress, but it really did nothing for her. It was much along the lines of what she wore this time.

I don't know if she's worried about her figure of if she doesn't want to look sexy anymore. She mentioned during Dals she was tired of the wiggles but she needs to realize, it was the entire package that made her a star. Her singing alone would not have done for her what the whole package did and she doesn't need to wear the skimpy outfits of the early years. I'd much rather see her in that outfit from Stars a Domicile or in a leather jacket she often wears with jeans than what I've seen her wear in Poland.

Here is an outfit she wore on stage in 2013 I believe it was and I think that frilly part or what ever you call it around the hips is an attempt to either hide her shape because she was worried about it, which she did not have to worry about or an attempt to look less sexy. She's still a very good looking woman and she should not be unwilling to show that on stage.

Attachment 3389
It's a "million dollars question"...

It’s hard for me to imagine what Alizée’s popularity was like in the early 2000s, but it was still perhaps more “local”.

For example, thanks to YouTube in particular, the popularity is now global, and Alizée is worshiped in these comments as a sex symbol, the most beautiful woman in the world!

Well, I'm actually "guilty" of that worship, too.

I was wondering if Alizée reads those comments? Maybe not often, it may make sense...

But surely she knows the amount of worship in any case.

And she’s clearly the kind of person who doesn’t care about popularity (anymore) so much. Otherwise, she would still be on tour, etc.

I don’t think she wants that much attention. She is family oriented and etc. But it’s true that she doesn’t have to perform revealingly, even if she has better and more spectacular outfits than she has now!

Alizée 💜
Old 05-01-2021, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

We have had 8 new members join our Facebook group.
They are from:
Budapest, Hungary
Mosul, Iraq
London, U.K.
Morelos, Mexico
Bangladesh
India
Greece
Belgium
Old 05-01-2021, 10:56 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It's a "million dollars question"...

It’s hard for me to imagine what Alizée’s popularity was like in the early 2000s, but it was still perhaps more “local”.

For example, thanks to YouTube in particular, the popularity is now global, and Alizée is worshiped in these comments as a sex symbol, the most beautiful woman in the world!

Well, I'm actually "guilty" of that worship, too.

I was wondering if Alizée reads those comments? Maybe not often, it may make sense...

But surely she knows the amount of worship in any case.

And she’s clearly the kind of person who doesn’t care about popularity (anymore) so much. Otherwise, she would still be on tour, etc.

I don’t think she wants that much attention. She is family oriented and etc. But it’s true that she doesn’t have to perform revealingly, even if she has better and more spectacular outfits than she has now!
We've always wondered about her financial situation. According to Alizée 101, in the speculation chapter, some people think one of the reasons she left MF/LB was that someone told her she wasn't making as much money as she should be.

Well if there's truth in that, did she make much money with them? She's a hard woman to figure out . Except for indulging in accessories and in toys for Maggy, she's a woman apparently of simple means. We've never seen her driving an expensive car, yet I'm sure she could afford one. She lived in a apartment or condo when she moved back to Ajaccio, that had a view of the Blood Islands (I can mention that now because she no longer lives there), when she probably could have bought a place of her own or could she? Housing is expensive in Ajaccio It's just another part of the enigma.

How much did the failed albums cost her or were they just a loss for the record companies?

Then Gregoire entered the picture. I have to feel the dancing profession doesn't pay as well as hers. Still he has done very well. I read when I first heard about him that he was one of the top 10 hip hop artists in the world. That's quite an accomplishment. Did he make much money from it?

They opened a dance school in Ajaccio. Even though they have done very well student wise, I feel it's probably not a big money maker.

Now you have the pandemic that shut down the studio at first and then I believe it limited their hours for a while. Were they still paying rent on the studio? More than likely yes.

Bottom line is their financial situation is very unclear. Plus with the studio, it's not quite a 9 to 5 job, but it's a lot of work for them. Singing opportunities like what happened in Poland probably give them an opportunity to make some decent money for a little amount of time and if that does well, it could lead to more of the same.

Now I'm sure Alizée in no way wants to be a full time singer, but if she could attract enough attention, it could lead to another album. With an album, you have a few months of working on it and if it's successful, you'll have a tour. En Concert lasted about 4 months? Tours are where the real money is made. A successful tour would produce more money than the studio would produce in years and only take about 7 months of her time.

So unless they are independently wealthy which I suspect they aren't, it would behoove them to take full advantage of these opportunities. Dress to impress. Now it very well may have been the show who chose her outfits. No matter who it was, they laid an egg. She doesn't need to wear the sexy outfits of J'en ai marre or Moi Lolita. She needs to be herself, to dress the way she would if she was going to some social event or a night club. Wear what you like. Wear that leather coat we've seen you in so often. Wear jeans. She's getting it all wrong when all she needs is to be herself.

LEATHER OUTFITS LOOKING GOOD.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
We have had 8 new members join our Facebook group.
They are from:
Budapest, Hungary
Mosul, Iraq
London, U.K.
Morelos, Mexico
Bangladesh
India
Greece
Belgium
That's really amazing, incredible even! What kind of numbers would she have generated if everyone in the world had discovered her at the same time? It's kind of a paradox of a situation for her. Because of the failures of her songs in English, her greatest achievements were songs in French which was incredibly fortunate for her because it's such a beautiful language, but then again, how many radio stations around the world where French is not an official language, are going to play French music?
Old 05-02-2021, 01:34 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Question

^^Great when there are fans around the world!

By the way, India seems to be a potential area for Alizée, there always seems to be a lot of fans there!

^True... It is strange that in Poland, for example, there have been such outfits...

Except... I was immediately more excited about that one English song, when Alizée had dressed "Youthfully."

This question of money is a good question because nowadays she probably doesn’t earn as well with old music anymore and the biggest popularity is on Youtube, whose royalties are known to be really lousy - Anyone then got those royalties!

Alizée 💜
Old 05-02-2021, 01:59 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road

Quote:
India seems to be a potential area for Alizée, there always seems to be a lot of fans there!
Old 05-03-2021, 12:54 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Red face

The JEAM video reminded me that TV companies in every country should be made to share it.

This is what happened in Mexico. And the end is known.

After that, the popularity does not end!

But how to do it...

Alizée 💜
Old 05-05-2021, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

A possible new addition to the family!

https://www.facebook.com/alizeelyonnetofficiel

ad5050.jpg
Old 05-05-2021, 12:39 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Thumbs up