Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-03-2008, 07:16 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Well the very direct method of delivery is proving very controversial amongst people. It's sort of like politics (which is shit by the way), people agree or disagree, are supportive or are unsupportive.

I personally don't mind it, i've sent direct fanmails to Jari Mäenpää and Tapio Wilska directly before, to have the questions answered by them via forums.
Did you write something for her in the letter that RMJ dropped ?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:17 PM

Quantum is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=clique;119304]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
If lipsyncing (to a song she has lipsynced to like 5 million times now, or so it feels like at least...) and jumping around on stage for about 2 minutes took more than two days of preparation I honestly don't know what to say.

In the performing arts, and other fields as well, outcome isn't necessarily a good predictor of effort expended. Don't expend the effort and yes, you are unlikely to succeed. Do expend the effort and who knows? A person can spend weeks, months, years or even a lifetime working to perfect an act only to have it fall flat. Talent is an important mediator to success, although I do not believe Alizée's problem is a lack thereof. There are a few other ingredients to success which is where I think the issue lies.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

No matter what you do or how well you try to do it, people will disagree and find flaws with it.
We will see the letters effect if any in time

edit: it seems to me everything everyone disliked about Alizee, through these 8 years, that they had suppressed due to their high admiration of her is coming out now all in one burst. That in a way bothers me

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 11-03-2008 at 07:23 PM..
Old 11-03-2008, 07:29 PM

clique is on a distinguished road

Quote:

In the performing arts, and other fields as well, outcome isn't necessarily a good predictor of effort expended. Don't expend the effort and yes, you are unlikely to succeed. Do expend the effort and who knows? A person can spend weeks, months, years or even a lifetime working to perfect an act only to have it fall flat. Talent is an important mediator to success, although I do not believe Alizée's problem is a lack thereof. There are a few other ingredients to success which is where I think the issue lies.
I honestly don't know what you're blabbering about.

All I'm saying is that I have a hard time believing it took much time preparing for that performance. I'm not saying it was awful, just that she didn't really do much... There was not much to prepare for.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
Did you write something for her in the letter that RMJ dropped ?
No.
I have nothing to say to her.
I may have a long while ago, but not today.
I only hope she sees the path on her own.
She doesn't need a metalhead/musician to tell her what to do right.
Because there is nothing right or wrong to do.
I cannot wish her good wishes, because that would be hypocritical.
The way her two-bit company is working her right now, won't get her anything good in the future.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:42 PM

Quantum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
I honestly don't know what you're blabbering about.

All I'm saying is that I have a hard time believing it took much time preparing for that performance. I'm not saying it was awful, just that she didn't really do much... There was not much to prepare for.
Try "jumping around" (as you put it) on stage in front of thousands of people without enough rehearsal and other preparation, even just for a few minutes. See if you can do it without looking 'awful.' I'll wager you can't. To me it looked like enough effort had been expended - maybe not the right effort, but enough.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:56 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No.
I only hope she sees the path on her own.
She doesn't need a metalhead/musician to tell her what to do right.
Because there is nothing right or wrong to do.
I cannot wish her good wishes, because that would be hypocritical.
The way her two-bit company is working her right now, won't get her anything good in the future.
Wow, thats really interesting . But really, you dont have anything to say to her? I mean, thats what I dream of !!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:58 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No.
I understand where you are coming from, but I miss your old poetic, heart-warming expressions of admiration. *sigh* Those were better days (I know those feelings won't return unless she changes her ways, if they ever do return). Do you still aspire to be a musician in her band, or has that passed as well, for the time being?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
I understand where you are coming from, but I miss your old poetic, heart-warming expressions of admiration. *sigh* Those were better days (I know those feelings won't return unless she changes her ways, if they ever do return). Do you still aspire to be a musician in her band, or has that passed as well, for the time being?
Oh no that will never pass away.
I still want to be her musician.
But I cannot tell her anything.
I still admire her, but there is nothing I wish to say to her.
There is nothing she needs to hear from me that she cannot hear from anyone else.
Anything else I would want to say would be arrows at a chance of recuperation, which for now, I have lost interest in anything intimate.
Which in itself is a wonderful thing for me.
All fires simmer or brighten, it has been 8 years and now, I finally feel it diminishing slowly, I just wish for a little spark.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Talent is an important mediator to success, although I do not believe Alizée's problem is a lack thereof. There are a few other ingredients to success which is where I think the issue lies.
Dude, you keep saying stuff like this--like you've somehow uncovered the rosetta stone to Alizée's success--but then you fail to follow through and list what these ingredients are. This isn't a Hitchcock movie, man...you don't score extra points by keeping the audience in suspense. So I ask yet again: what's the up?

Do or do not, sir. There is no try.