Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 05-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I need it to be .wmv so I can download it to my laptop. From there, I download it to my mp3 player.
A lot of these devices are picky on the right file format. Just saying it needs to be a .wmv file doesn't do the job.
Quote:
Please don't tell me to download special stuff. I've been down that road before and it didn't work.
Then you're stuck.
I'm pretty sure there was some software supplied with that mp3 player, or not?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:13 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I need it to be .wmv so I can download it to my laptop. From there, I download it to my mp3 player.
What part of this did you not understand? If is says .wmv at the end then I can download it to my laptop. If it doesn't say that then it doesn't work. My mp3 player is a Zen made by Creative Labs.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Woof !

Quote:
What part of this did you not understand? If is says .wmv at the end then I can download it to my laptop. If it doesn't say that then it doesn't work. My mp3 player is a Zen made by Creative Labs.
You can download *ANY* fileformat in your laptop, but that is totally irrelevant.
It's about what the requirements about the .wmv file are to be accessable in the mp3 player.
(like I said before; What reolution for instance)

You NEED some software to convert it to the right format!

.wmv doesn't mean much if the hard/software can't handle it.
You sound stubborn to me, while I'm trying to help. Why?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:13 PM

I don't mean to sound stubborn. It's just that I've been down this road before. I ask for help and it's an uphill battle. I'm told to buy software or download software and none of it works. There is two things that work. A. If I can download the video from the site or B. Somebody converts it to .wvm for me.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:38 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

rocket, JAG is trying to help you yet you won't answer him. the fact is, these videos don't come in .wmv format. so somebody has to convert it for you if you have a hard time doing it. to do so, you need to at least tell him what encoding settings you want. most important is the video resolution; you don't want a huge full screen monitor resolution video when a small one will do. there are other settings like video bitrate, audio bitrate, audio encoder, frame rate, etc, but at least start out by answering the person who's trying to help you.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:03 PM

Ok guys I'll play your little game. I don't know the resolution. Does that help you?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
rocket, JAG is trying to help you yet you won't answer him. the fact is, these videos don't come in .wmv format. so somebody has to convert it for you if you have a hard time doing it. to do so, you need to at least tell him what encoding settings you want. most important is the video resolution; you don't want a huge full screen monitor resolution video when a small one will do. there are other settings like video bitrate, audio bitrate, audio encoder, frame rate, etc, but at least start out by answering the person who's trying to help you.
You have to remember Rocket is not as tech savvy as you guys, that is why she is why she is asking for help in the first place. You can't be so hard on her when she may not know what you are talking about. You have to help her not throw words out there and expect her to understand and when she doesn't get it, just consider her to be stubborn.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
You have to remember Rocket is not as tech savvy as you guys, that is why she is why she is asking for help in the first place. You can't be so hard on her when she may not know what you are talking about. You have to help her not throw words out there and expect her to understand and when she doesn't get it, just consider her to be stubborn.
Thank you Chommpers. FINALLY somebody gets me. lol
Old 05-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Woof !

Quote:
Ok guys I'll play your little game. I don't know the resolution. Does that help you?
Yes, that was very helpful. Thanks for the constructive co-operation.
Quote:
Thank you Chommpers. FINALLY somebody gets me. lol
And, did that make your video's to play?

5 minutes of Google told me this:
1] You NEED to convert the video file with the Creative Media Explorer, wich was supplied
with the player.

2] It can play 320x240 resolution straight from MPEG4, DivX, XviD and WMV(9) formats.

Now, did you used that software or did you just copied the .wmv file to the Zen using it
as a removble disk?

Oh, and if all of this sounds to difficult, it is probably better to find somebody in
your direct neighbourhood to help out.
Self brainsurgery by telephone support won't work either.

RTFM or RTFI (as far as you haven't done so) will help a lot too.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:24 AM

Ok, let's end this battle of wits now. What I said at the beginning was: All I need are these videos so I can add them to my mp3 player. Notice I didn't ask HOW to do it. But not to worry, since I've posted this other members have PM'd me and given me what I needed.