Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-02-2011, 03:03 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Well it is actually quite a practical short range weapon too... you can take out hundreds with the fireball it spews 'least with the M44.

Regards,

Jung
Totally forgot about that.

Edit:

I've been meaning to post this since I started the thread, but totally forgot.

Happy 100th Birthday, M1911A1

100 years old, and still as sexy as when it first rolled of the assembly line.

In honor of this legendary pistol, post your favorite model of this iconic gun.

While I haven't yet shot one, based on looks, I'm into the classic look of the 1911; black with walnut grips.

The Remington 1911 R1

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 11-02-2011 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-02-2011, 10:59 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a fan of the Officer Model.

Regards,

Jung

Old 11-03-2011, 09:38 AM

If money were no object:

Kimber Custom CDP II

On a side note, have you ever had experience with Cimarron or Uberti revolvers? I've been looking at what they have, and they offer a lot of old West style guns, but I don't know if they are good shooters. I read some reviews online, but would much rather have someone's opinion that isn't writing for a magazine.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 11-03-2011 at 09:40 AM..
Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
If money were no object:

Kimber Custom CDP II
If money were no option I'd still build my own or go with a complete custom gun to my liking xD.

Quote:
On a side note, have you ever had experience with Cimarron or Uberti revolvers? I've been looking at what they have, and they offer a lot of old West style guns, but I don't know if they are good shooters. I read some reviews online, but would much rather have someone's opinion that isn't writing for a magazine.

Never actually had one but I've heard quite good things about both and I believe they both have good customer service.

Regards,

Jung

Old 11-03-2011, 10:19 PM

I don't know if I'd trust myself to build a custom gun just yet. Maybe in the future, when I am able to actually afford to build a machine shop, and then get practice in it (I've got considerable wood shop experience, just not metal).

Since we're on the topic of dream guns, if you could have any gun, regardless of cost (or legality) what would it be?

I would have to say the Springfield Armory M25 White Feather

MSRP:$5278.00
Old 11-03-2011, 10:34 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
I don't know if I'd trust myself to build a custom gun just yet. Maybe in the future, when I am able to actually afford to build a machine shop, and then get practice in it (I've got considerable wood shop experience, just not metal).
By build I more mean assemble by the parts I want, as a machine shop I don't not have .

Quote:
Since we're on the topic of dream guns, if you could have any gun, regardless of cost (or legality) what would it be?

I would have to say the Springfield Armory M25 White Feather

MSRP:$5278.00
Either a PSG-1 which I may have one built for me here in a couple years. Can probably get one done up for around $5,000, but for an actual HK you're looking at closer to $9,000-10,000

a HK G11, and screw Black Ops as the G11 wasn't even around during the time setting, but the G11 is just neat. Price well who knows

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MdErfyYeJeU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

or a WA2000 in either 7.5 swiss or .300 win mag and I believe Earl has both and would get rid of them for around $75,000. Earl actually owns about half of the WA2000's that made it to the US I believe he owns 13 of them I could be wrong on the number though.

Regards,

Jung

Old 11-03-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Either a PSG-1 which I may have one built for me here in a couple years. Can probably get one done up for around $5,000, but for an actual HK you're looking at closer to $9,000-10,000

a HK G11, and screw Black Ops as the G11 wasn't even around during the time setting, but the G11 is just neat. Price well who knows

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MdErfyYeJeU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

or a WA2000 in either 7.5 swiss or .300 win mag and I believe Earl has both and would get rid of them for around $75,000. Earl actually owns about half of the WA2000's that made it to the US I believe he owns 13 of them I could be wrong on the number though.

The WA2000 is a fine rifle, but a little too boxy for me. I believe you are correct about him owning 13. The G11 is a nice concept, though a little too complex for me, and the PSG1, I forgot about that beast. It has to be one of my favorite semi-auto rifles. That and the MP5 are probably 2 of my favorite HK weapons.

Quote:
screw Black Ops
Old 11-03-2011, 11:18 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
The WA2000 is a fine rifle, but a little too boxy for me. I believe you are correct about him owning 13. The G11 is a nice concept, though a little too complex for me, and the PSG1, I forgot about that beast. It has to be one of my favorite semi-auto rifles. That and the MP5 are probably 2 of my favorite HK weapons.

I have a feeling the PTR-91 will actually shoot as accurate as the PSG-1, but we'll find out once I get one built xD. With a .308 you don't game much by going over an 18" barrel, it is the optimal length for that caliber and the powder loads that are typical to it. I think it would still be neat to have the PSG-1, as I've said I have a little Roller Delayed Blowback bug xD.

Regards,

Jung

Edit:

I do also believe the PSG barrels do have a 1-10 twist rate where as the standard G3 or 91 style barrels typically have a 1-12 twist rate so the PSG-1 would handle the heavier bullets better which is an advantage.

Regards,

Jung

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 11-03-2011 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-04-2011, 03:39 AM

I've never been a huge fan of bull-pup rifles, but this one I've always wanted. Never going to happen as only 50-100 were imported back in the 80's, and now they are pretty pricey.

In my defense, I've liked them since before COD made them popular.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:22 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

The Famas is a pretty neat design. As far as Bullpups go though I'm a fan of the FNS-2000. The Kel-Tec RFB looks pretty neat too, pretty much a bullpup FAL that ejects out the front.

Regards,

Jung