Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
How much did that run you? I've been thinking about doing that for a while but I'm curious as to whether it's 100% worth it
It was a long time ago but I think I spent 1100 on what normally would have been 2K from Dell or Alienware. I kept my previous dvd/dvr drives, speakers, keyboard and monitor so it worked out great. It was 100% worth it for me.

Considering most people get Move and Kinect with their consoles plus a bunch of games it's not that much more. The guys I see on psn are playing a different game every 2 weeks so whether they are getting new or used it adds up but they don't realize it.

You can pirate any multimedia software/operating system if you have the programs to bypass the keycodes so your only expenses should be online games which have far better graphics than consoles without the limitations such as amount of players and communication.

I'd say it depends on how long you expect to use it or if you plan/know how to upgrade it. I don't really like upgrading certain parts like a gfx card which means also getting a new power supply then more cooling and it defeats the point. I like the invest in a car (for at least 20% off) and pass it down to your kids when it's too old philosophy.

For you and I imagine most people it would make more sense to get a juiced laptop but that is a lot harder to do. Things are a lot better with Amazon these days though.