Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
It was, in part, a “thank you” to her for the private autograph session she gave us last year.
I think Euphoria and BA missed that part at least they know now!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Lefty said it best. That signed CD that Scruffydog transported back to the U.S. for me is worth it's weight in Gold. If you were not part of this board at the time you wouldn't know that Alizée went out of her way to do a special and very private signing for the members of Alizée America.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The original intent was to support a cause that Alizée herself brought to our attention. It was, in part, a “thank you” to her for the private autograph session she gave us last year. This was not an attempt to make her feel an obligation to us, but rather to fulfill an obligation of thanks that we felt towards her. She owes us nothing in all of this.

As a matter of fact, it was originally intended that she would never become involved in the process of our making of the donation. But once the people on the receiving end were aware of, and expecting our donation, some unexpected difficulties arose. At that point we felt it was appropriate to use any reasonable methods of contact to fulfill our pledge. Personally, I see nothing wrong with any of this. I think most of the members here who participated in the donation had their hearts in the right place and were only trying to do something nice.
Then you had no need to contact Alizee's people and get her involved. A simple donation would have worked just fine. Sadly, that's not the case. I read through the entire thread and it IS for attention from Alizee. Newsflash: she doesn't care. Seriously, just leave her alone.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:54 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
This whole thing sickens me. It's great if you want to help, but I feel the only reason you're doing it is in attempts to get some praise and attention from Alizee.
All anyone has to do when they read this post is to consider the source.
Enough said.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

If she'd minded, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have thanked us on her Facebook page.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-27-2011, 12:48 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The original intent was to support a cause that Alizée herself brought to our attention. It was, in part, a “thank you” to her for the private autograph session she gave us last year. This was not an attempt to make her feel an obligation to us, but rather to fulfill an obligation of thanks that we felt towards her. She owes us nothing in all of this.

As a matter of fact, it was originally intended that she would never become involved in the process of our making of the donation. But once the people on the receiving end were aware of, and expecting our donation, some unexpected difficulties arose. At that point we felt it was appropriate to use any reasonable methods of contact to fulfill our pledge. Personally, I see nothing wrong with any of this. I think most of the members here who participated in the donation had their hearts in the right place and were only trying to do something nice.
This, all of it. No one wanted to get Alizee directly involved from the beginning, the only reason we (and I say "we" meaning a collective forum, not anyone specific) ended up doing so was because it seemed unlikely that we'd get hold of anyone in the time frame that had been planned for.

Besides, I don't think anyone who has been around for over a year would expect any attention/kudos from Alizee if we presented her with a winged pegasus.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Besides, I don't think anyone who has been around for over a year would expect any attention/kudos from Alizee if we presented her with a winged pegasus.
That's . . . not quite true. She sometimes thanks people directly, as she thanked us for this gesture. More often, she manages to communicate appreciation IF you know how to read the signals.

For example, when she had the autograph signing for the UEDS album, and set aside the special half hour for AAm, she also signed the albums in gold ink, which was different and fancier than what she used for the main signing.

She has done a number of things like this that made me sure she knew about us and knew who we were back when many posters here doubted she even knew this web site existed. You just have to understand her language -- and I don't mean French.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-27-2011, 12:09 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Then you had no need to contact Alizee's people and get her involved. A simple donation would have worked just fine. Sadly, that's not the case. I read through the entire thread and it IS for attention from Alizee. Newsflash: she doesn't care. Seriously, just leave her alone.
If you'd read the entire thread you would know "a simple donation" didn't exactly go as easy as intended. Take your miserable whining attitude and get it up ye.

<3
Old 08-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I have no doubt that Euphoria is being sincere about her feelings on this subject and I respect her right to her opinion. I simply don't agree with her take on it.

But having said that, let's remember to keep our disagreements respectful.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

So Scruff, what's the next plan of action?