Old 03-28-2010, 02:20 AM

KC Kcrooner is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee CD

Hoping to get a signed copy of cd for "KC Qui Qui" Alizee, you are peachy
Old 03-28-2010, 03:14 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Cool TP pride

(I wonder if we are getting too far off-topic and whether one of the Forum Gods might dispatch our discussion of demography to a new thread.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
yah....does anyone have an estimate of what the guy to girl ratio on the site is?

I think it to be 80% guys 20% girls
Your question might be more precise. Do you mean people registered as members? Or maybe people who look here, or people who post here? Do raw bodies count, or does one weight the demographics by the number of minutes per week someone participates, etc.?

In any event, while this site is low profile, I did unearth a limited number of Web auditor statistics on which I reported at <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=153754&postcount=353"><i>How do they see through our clothes from online?</i></a>.

When I started reading this Web site, I found it rather odd that it was typical for posting members to use a photo of the Corsican girl as an avatar (to represent their OWN identity!) Surely not all of them are young French women who sing and dance - or imagine they are, I said to myself. During the Ventrillo conference we held while the recent liveblogging broadcast took place, I even gently inquired if some of the people were trannies or something.

Taking it a step further, it could be the case that many of our members are actually females PRETENDING to be males, so that they have the same plumbing as Alizée, and the avatar pictures are less anomolous than I had imagined.

Of course, this is not the end of my confusion about some of Alizée's fans.

I do think some of Alizée's dancing was VERY sexy, but certainly NOT the much-celebrated "Night Elf Dance" move at the end of <i>JEAM</i>! Am I crazy, or was she simply trying to dramatize how a fish swims? Remember, in the staging of the official music video for <i>JEAM!</i>, Alizée WAS the goldfish! She told <i>FunTV</i> so herself.

Now, if you got all hot and bothered by the Night Elf Dance, I would say that it is not impossible you are a latent <i>transphibian</i>. It's been three decades since their struggle for toleration began (see the video below), and only the most backward people are not on board by now. So why not just come out of the aquarium and accept who you are? We won't like you any less!

<center><object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DK33Ji2imjo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DK33Ji2imjo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object></center>

Note: <i>[Andy] Warhol strongly influenced the New Wave/punk rock band Devo</i> -<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Warhol">source</a>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-28-2010 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: add Warhol trivia
Old 03-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

haha i read the first sentence of your post then your last....girls and Andy Warhol....they definitely mix haha. but yah im talking about registered members
Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
I do think some of Alizée's dancing was VERY sexy, but certainly NOT the much-celebrated "Night Elf Dance" move at the end of JEAM! Am I crazy, or was she simply trying to dramatize how a fish swims? Remember, in the staging of the official music video for JEAM!, Alizée WAS the goldfish! She told FunTV so herself.

I always thought that was the impression of the dance.... Didn't everybody? I thought that was obvious?

Still kewl tho...

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 03-28-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
I always thought that was the impression of the dance.... Didn't everybody? I thought that was obvious?

Still kewl tho...

Ed
yah she knew that and im assuming all of us knew that. But she actually knows the Night Elf Dance was inspired by her JEAM dance...
Old 03-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

OK, I think it's safe to say that sign ups are now closed, and that the thread has started to drift a little off-topic, so imma close it now.

Updates about Scruffy's trip to Paris and meeting with Alizée can be found in this thread here.

General news and discussion about the autograph signing itself can be found in this thread here.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Updated the first post of this thread with the following info:

By now most (if not all) of you who got a CD signed in your name should have received word from Scruffy or myself. If you want your disc shipped outside the US, or need to pay with cash, check, or money order, please contact Scruffydog777 directly to make the arrangements.

Everyone else can pay via the form donation paypal page here:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/billspaypal.php

Be sure to include your shipping address and username at checkout. The cost of the CD is:

$28.50 for standard shipping with delivery confirmation
or
$36.50 for registered mail with added security

Anything optionally sent beyond the above amounts will be considered a forum donation, and go to help offsetting our costs. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:10 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ben, my donation is in and Scruffy can ship mine $28.50 for standard shipping with delivery confirmation.

Thank you

Al
Old 04-02-2010, 10:04 PM

Ok so can anyone help me.

before Scruff went over he sent a PM saying I was in and would have mine signed.

He got back and sais he PM'd mostly everyone that got one. I don't know why he PM'd everyone a 2nd time. So I am susure about this. I DIDN"T GET THIS PM.

So do you guys think I should pay the money or wait a while for confirmation that I have got the CD signed from Scruff? And also not being pushy or anything but Scruff hasn't replied to any of my recent messages. SOryy Im just in a tight situation right now and am nervous...thanks to everyone. Please help
Old 04-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

I made a donation for the $28.50 for my CD just now. I never did get a PM saying i got one, however, in one of the videos you could very clearly see my name on the list.

So i wouldn't get too nervous Aaron, i don't think everyone was notified yet.