Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 04-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Support your local (now homeless) Corsican fairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
We went to two concerts (5 germans = 4 guys + me) with RMJ and we had a banner with "ALIZÉE ON T'AIME" and in the 2nd concert we hold it up and she noticed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
Good job !
This kind of thing is good to see, at this moment of her carreer... It's very important to show us our support, in this period...
That is ONE reason why I banged the drum for CM in America, including the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
You ask - How can attending a Chateau Marmont show help Alizée?

...Chateau Marmont concerts are one of the BEST places we have EVER had in North America to win people over to Alizée! We know many things about the people who will attend them which are very favorable.

...it would be a nice morale booster for Alizée if when the guys in Chateau Marmont returned to Paris, they could tell her that EVERYWHERE they went they ran into MANY of her fans. I am sure she has feelings just like we do.
Those of you who know classical Western history, or at least better-known Shakespeare plays, are aware of when Gaius Julius Caesar was assassinated. Beware the Ides of March! we are told again and again. Institubes could have announced its shutdown almost anytime, but they chose (the day after) the Ides of March to do it. While surely American sales were NOT the only thing they were counting on to keep the institution alive, given the very tepid support Alizée's American fan club had pledged for the in-progress Chateau Marmont tour, I could all but hear the artistic and literate Jean-René Etienne mumble to himself on the night before (the 15th), Et tu, Brute? Then Caesar fall! (That's not to deny a more important factor was the actual tour audience attendance numbers.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
it was after the medley with the football tricots when Patrick Fiori (french singer who got a lot of "Patriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick" screams from the girls) saw it at first and showed it too her...
They have worked together before, back home in Corsica last June. Fiori is half Corsican and half Armenian in heritage. Both being mountainous, Corsica and Armenia have the mouflon (muvrini in Corse) in common. Fiori sang Mama Corsica for France at the 1993 Eurovision contest. (Maybe Ronald will translate the narration in the video?)

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 04-03-2011 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: remove study of Les Enfoires DVD purchase costs to separate post
Old 04-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Thanks FanDe for calculating all of that for us! But sadly I can't get one...still getting her CDs
Old 04-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Study of Les Enfoires DVD purchase costs

[This post was written on 2 April 2011 and originally part of a "double" post, because vBulletin is not enabled so that we can split posts on different topics.]

<hr size="3" color="black">

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I see Amazon in this country has Les Enfoires 2010 and 2009. I wonder how long it will take them to get 2011?
Be careful. Amazon.com (i.e. Amazon USA) sells 28 LE audio CD's, but lists only 3 LE video DVDs and ALL of them are "Currently unavailable"! Even for the CDs, some recent editions only have single-unit inventory.

I started to place hypothetical orders at the French Amazon site to determine the cost of goods and shipping for the item at issue: Dans l'oeil des Enfoirés - Spectacle 2011 Resto du Coeur - Edition 2 DVD de Les Enfoires, using the standard shipping option, estimated to take 10 to 12 days.

First I looked at a quantity one order, and then a quantity ten order. I got no per unit discount on goods when I increased the quantity of goods ordered. But shipping cost per unit plummeted. Here are the numbers.

QUANTITY ONE
EUR 22,56 Articles
EUR 10,90 Livraison
EUR 33,46 Total HT
EUR 00,00 TVA
EUR 33,46 Montant total
USD 49.41 Total du paiement

QUANTITY TEN
EUR 225,60 Articles
EUR 028,00 Livraison
EUR 253,60 Total HT
EUR 000,00 TVA
EUR 253,60 Montant total
USD 374.47 Total du paiement

Note that in BOTH cases Amazon converts at about US$1.477 per Euro. (For comparison, the currency converter here gives $1.42323 per Euro.)

Thus the gross savings in shipping (i.e. NOT counting within-US REshipping cost) is $494.10 - $374.47 = $119.63, or $11.96 per unit, were we to order 10 units.

From the post about the UEdS CDs here, it seems that the typical shipping cost within the US (NOT including the labor of the US distributor) might be about $5.50.

So the net savings would be only $11.96 - $5.50 = $6.46 per unit were we to order 10 units. The final cost per unit would be $37.45 + $5.50 = $42.95, rather than $49.41 if we each ordered alone. And if we gave our "US distributor" any sort of non-trivial handling fee, the savings would all but vanish.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:13 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm sure everyone probably realizes but just in case they don't, there are 2 different things you can order, the 2 cd set for about 21 euros and the 2 dvd set for about 27 euros. I'm sure everyone one would prefer the dvds with the video.

I looked at the Virgin Megastore to see if they might have them available in Paris, but it seems the only thing they have is an mp3 extract I guess you call it for about 16 euros.

Now in just over a week, I'm going back to Europe on vacation and looking at flights so far, trying to find the best ones as far as availability ( I fly standby) and time considerations ( trying to find a flight that will get me to my destination at the earliest time) , might very well take me through Paris. It's possible I could spend a night there, but I don't think there's anywhere I could purchase the dvds.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:19 PM

Hmm...one would think they sell the Les Enfoires CDs and DVDs in almost every electronics store there...maybe one just can't find it online but it is really in the store...hmm.

You might want to just try hitting some Virgin Megastores as much as possible, or the biggest electronics retailer there. I dunno, they have to have them somewhere!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:00 PM

FNAC is another big cd/dvd seller there. I'll have to check them.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
FNAC is another big cd/dvd seller there. I'll have to check them.
Yeah forgot bout that one. So yeah, I think there's a really good chance you could find some i you are able to hit these stores while you're grounded in Paris.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:19 PM

Looks like FNAC has the cds for 22 euros but not the dvds.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Looks like FNAC has the cds for 22 euros but not the dvds.
Here it's En Stock.

http://recherche.fnac.com/r/Les%20En...ItemPerPage=15

It's available here on alapage too.

http://www.alapage.com/m/ps/mpid:MP-...-683E9M8409608

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 04-03-2011, 10:00 PM

27.00 EUR = 38.4031 USD

Ergh