Old 06-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Default Factory Girl

Please discuss:
1)What this song means to you.
2)What do you feel about this song.
3)What you like/don't like, and why.
4)How good it is from a musical standpoint.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Please refrain from using one-line comments (ex. "I Agree" "It's Awesome")
__________________________________________________ _______________

1) This song makes me feel like ACC makes me feel. I feel this song is talking about how a girl is a slave to something. And being a teen(like the girl in the song), I feel like I am enslaved to my family somewhat. It just feels like the girl isn't appreciated for who she is and what she does. But I guess everyone can relate to this song, like I do.

2)I see this song as not one of her best songs. I can't really see the point to it, but after all it is a album modeled after Edie Sedgwick. This song makes me feel dark and that's why I don't really like it.

3)I love the music and the lyrics are quite beautiful and have a huge meaning behind them. But I don't like how this song is sort of just a filler to make the album seem full-length. There is about 30-60seconds of just straight up music at the end of the song, but I guess that is what also adds meaning to the song. The repetitve music in the song is like the life of the girl, she feels like she does the same thing day in and day out in a factory. So the music at the end is meaningful I guess.

4)It is very good from a musical point of view. I love the swing it has and it gives the song life. It adds so much meaning to the lyrics like I said in 3. It's very catchy.

Last edited by User22; 06-25-2010 at 02:26 PM..
Old 06-25-2010, 11:37 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

1: i did a report once on Warhol/Sedgwick, so it's like, i don't know how to explain it. it's like a reminder?
2: personally it's my favorite song on the album.
3: i like the chorus/general tone of the song
4: the format and history behind it is epic.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
3: i like the chorus/general tone of the song
Yes the chorus is just amazing. It is simply just a example of how this girl does everything all the time....Factory Girl, Factory Girl, Factory Girl. The repetitiveness of her saying Factory Girl shows how she is like a slave.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:55 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Definately a darker song on the album. I agree how it can be taken as a song of slavery to something or someone. That is a very good explanation but the lyrics are deep and people will get different things from it than others with such lyrics.

Just the song itself, very good. A nice slow beat and her voice is excellent. I just LOVE the stress she puts at the end of "girl" when singing "fact-ory girl".

I enjoy the song, yet it is definately a darker song. That can be sensed from the music itself and the lyrics with it. That is why I don't listen to it as much as other songs. But my mood, or what I feel like listening to at the time, will often effect what I will or want to listen to. I am not typically ever in such a low state or mood that I will want to sit and put the song on repeat, but I do enjoy and like the song. When I listen, what I take from the song is more of the beauty of the music rather than the darker mood and such. For me, its more of a chill, and relaxing song.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
That is why I don't listen to it as much as other songs. But my mood, or what I feel like listening to at the time, will often effect what I will or want to listen to.
Same with me, this is definitely not a song I would put on repeat. But I do listen to it when I listen to all of UEDS each day. Each time I listen to it and look at the lyrics I get a new meaning from it based on my mood.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:38 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

I don't know why, but I'm just not a big fan of this particular song. It's not bad, but I don't really understand why it was selected to be the next single. It's probably my least favorite song on the album...has a creepy vibe to it. Funny thing is, this album as a whole is amazing, and I do like every song on it. It's just that this one is my LEAST favorite.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
I don't know why, but I'm just not a big fan of this particular song. It's not bad, but I don't really understand why it was selected to be the next single. It's probably my least favorite song on the album...has a creepy vibe to it. Funny thing is, this album as a whole is amazing, and I do like every song on it. It's just that this one is my LEAST favorite.
Same with me. But actually I have heard the rumors lately to be that it will be Grand Central for the next single. Who knows. But yes it is probably my least favorite too because of the darkness to it. And I don't really like the meaning to it either. It doesn't show off her voice that much too.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Alizée Fan

Alizée@Rügen is on a distinguished road

This is my 2nd favorite Song of the new album.

Tags
alizee, discussion, factory girl, song, ueds