Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-01-2010, 10:46 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road
Default eBay fakes...are they increasing?

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the number of fake/false eBay Alizee items has been increasing lately?

I mean this sort of thing -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALIZEE-RARE-CO...73338149608273

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALIZEE-Ooops-1...item35aa78c779

The fake photo from that second listing is particularly repulsive. The same seller has several more that are just as bad.
I've contacted eBay lots of times and they don't seem to want to do anything about it.
Shouldn't be allowed
Old 07-01-2010, 11:11 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the number of fake/false eBay Alizee items has been increasing lately?

I mean this sort of thing -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALIZEE-RARE-CO...73338149608273

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALIZEE-Ooops-1...item35aa78c779

The fake photo from that second listing is particularly repulsive. The same seller has several more that are just as bad.
I've contacted eBay lots of times and they don't seem to want to do anything about it.
Shouldn't be allowed
The magic of photoshop, an opportunistic scumbag seller, and eBay - a company that never cares about any scams. It's really easy to circumvent their anti-scam policies and crap because they generally never care about this type of stuff. If the seller or buyer gets screwed, THEY still make money through the fees. They win no matter what, and being as big as they are, they don't care if only a few people out of the majority are unsatisifed.

The only time they ever take action against anything is when there are many, many people complaining about the same thing. This holds true for virtually any company. And unfortunately, there aren't enough Alizée fans complaining for this type of stuff to cease. And on top of that, even if he gets his account terminated, he can easily make a new one. eBay should be avoided at all costs.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

lol, welcome to mankind.

I just stay away from ebay
Old 07-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Wow that was pretty poor photoshoping. Im surprised that anyone would put that up and expect to get anything.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 07-02-2010, 01:44 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

That link made it so I'm getting naked pictures from that seller recommended to me on my Ebay page... just for viewing it. I really hope I can fix that.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:03 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

As ridiculous as that second one is, it made me laugh hahaha. Shame on that guy and shame on whoever (if anyone) bids to buy it. I'd like to think that any true Alizée fan wouldn't ever buy any of that crap anyway.

Some people are just bad people Sucks but its true. I'm with Jalen here, just stay away from eBay.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:41 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

eBay is first and foremost a business, and as long as they make money they won't be bothered with upset Alizée fans. eBay's policies are loosely enforced, and as Rictor mentioned, the only time they take action is when people complain en masse. Even then, once eBay takes notice and acts accordingly, the offending seller usually returns in a matter of days under a different account, and the cycle starts all over again.

All of the listings of the first seller Junkmale linked to are pirated mp3s disguised as "rare collections." People should know that if they want to support an artist, they should buy official releases and from more reliable sources. As for the second seller, all he lists are similarly distasteful pictures as the one with Alizée. Anyone that buys such (badly photoshopped) picture does not care enough about Alizée in the first place.

In the end all we can do is to avoid eBay, and hope that those people trying to make a quick buck, from foolish people that aren't able to recognize a pirated CD, and from quite pitiful people that would buy a photoshopped picture of Alizée to satisfy whatever their needs might be, do not succeed in selling any of their products.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

buyer beware! i hate fake stuff... it ruins things
Old 07-02-2010, 12:47 PM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
As ridiculous as that second one is, it made me laugh hahaha. Shame on that guy and shame on whoever (if anyone) bids to buy it. I'd like to think that any true Alizée fan wouldn't ever buy any of that crap anyway.
Yeah I couldnt help but laugh at how horrible the shop was...

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 07-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

^ lol yeah!