Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I can confirm the final assembly was at JPL. The day I got a brief private tour was a really fun and interesting day. And then pastrami sandwiches at The Hat in Pasadena for lunch....

Old 02-20-2013, 06:20 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
. The day I got a brief private tour was a really fun and interesting day. And then pastrami sandwiches at The Hat in Pasadena for lunch....

Wow , that's so cool! How did you manage to get one? Do you live nearby ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Where was the Atlas V Rocket that got curiosity to Mars made?
Where was the Mars Science Laboratory Made?
Where is Launch Control located?
Where is JPL, they are the people who currently control Curiosity?
Finally where was the other 12 critical functions made? LOL jk buddy just breaking your balls!

I never denied that JPL is located in the US or that the MSL is an american led program... well it's a part of Nasa, so it's obviously american.

Go ahead, I'm expecting your 'merica

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 02-20-2013 at 06:22 AM..
Old 02-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

^ Ill do you one better

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MGQaH3-LK54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tykzAyISnNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I can confirm the final assembly was at JPL. The day I got a brief private tour was a really fun and interesting day. And then pastrami sandwiches at The Hat in Pasadena for lunch....

Dude that's fricken sweet! Please do share the story!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:17 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Guns owned by the United States Armed Forces and Law Enforcement, Four Million.

Guns Owned by the American Public, Three Hundred and Twenty Million and climbing.

Number of guns sold in the United States between November 1st and December 31st 2012 would be enough to arm the military forces of both China and Russia.

65 million guns have been sold between Feb 1st 2009 and today. Who says the President of the United States isn't the greatest salesman in history.

Think about it, in the last four years we bought enough guns to give every person in France a gun.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:45 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Re: JPL visitor pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Wow , that's so cool! How did you manage to get one? Do you live nearby ?
Quote:
Dude that's fricken sweet! Please do share the story!
Sorry, it's not much of a story. I've got a relative who works there, not with any of the Mars stuff. Actually I don't know what the project is since it's not discussed. Some kind of proprietary R&D. I'm nowhere near there, I'm on the east coast. But family met out in SoCal for Thanksgiving that year and we went over for a short little tour one morning. The facility is situated on a hillside for the most part, and looks a lot like a college campus. There is a small museum where models and replicas of probes and landers are displayed. There is a viewing gallery above the work room where the rover was being assembled and we saw that, workers doing science right there before our eyes. I forget the proper term, but the crane that lowered the rover was also in the room, off to the side. The only other thing I really remember was that we went to the mission control building to see if we could get into the viewing gallery for that. My relative wasn't sure if the key card would open the door, but it did, and then wasn't sure if visitors were really supposed to be in there. But we got in and peeked down. There wasn't much activity that day, I suppose it was just a few people monitoring routine activities. We figure the access was logged somewhere but nothing ever came of it. Some family members are older and climbing the hills and stairs was getting to them so we called off the rest of the tour.

Like I said, not much of a story. I wish I could remember more such as 'this building is where such and such happened/was built/designed.' I think one relative took some photos, I'll ask if they have them and maybe I'll get some posted sometime.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ill do you one better

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MGQaH3-LK54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Lool ... but why the hell are the americans fighting saudi terrorist in Paris, and how dare you blow up our Eiffel tower?? That pretty much sums up the US vision of france as a defenseless boring country reduced to the sole city of paris ... I think this says a lot about america not caring about anything that happens in the outside world as long it's not unfolding on american soil or involving american lives

"Fake boobs , fuck yeah!"

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 02-21-2013 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-11-2019, 11:53 AM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

It seems like Corsica is far from being a heavenly place. Even Jenifer, Alizée's friend, has suffered.

https://sivertimes.com/jenifer-cemet...ica-gala/84707

https://www.news1.news/2019/09/who-w...n-corsica.html
Old 10-12-2019, 09:46 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

They definitely seem to have more than their fair share. About a month ago, I noticed an article on FB where someone posted an article about the high rate of violence against women in Corsica. I did a little research and found out it was more than what happens in Chicago in this country which is saying a lot. Unfortunately in my attempts to revisit the article, I couldn't find it, but I'll keep looking.