Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 PM

mibir is on a distinguished road

Found out about her February 06, been a fun ride.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:06 AM

marik is on a distinguished road

i heard her in 2004 where she isnt fame in here(Philippines)i have notice a commercial regarding the en concert release and i saw it!

later in Dec 2006 i have heard her again and i search a pop songs in Youtube and the rest is history
Old 09-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

I wished I'dve found her back in the day O well, I found her just the same. It just woulda been hella more fun I think. This next stint'll still be good for some fun though, I think.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:37 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Which do you prefer?
-going to a concert of Alizée;
-Alizée making a new album.

Naturally these options are mutually exclusive for this "poll" and we suppose that both of them would make Alizée and her family happy.
Moreover the above-mentioned concert would be a real one, everything would be well prepared.
And I'm taking for granted that no one here has ever gone to one of her concerts. If you have, would you repeat that experience or do you prefer a new album?
Old 12-04-2019, 08:54 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOPOP View Post
Hello Y'all I Was Wondering The Other Day What Do Y'all Prefer? Discovering Alizee In The Early Days, And Having To Wait Four Years For A Come Back, Or Like Some Of Us Finding Her So Close To Her Return But Missing Out On Years Of Enjoying Alizee.
My own experience was closer to the latter. When I discovered Alizée, she had already returned and the Psych era was just about over. In a little over a year, UEDS would be released. As much as I loved the experience, I'd like to go to some alternate universe where I go through the other one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Which do you prefer?

Naturally these options are mutually exclusive for this "poll" and we suppose that both of them would make Alizée and her family happy.
Moreover the above-mentioned concert would be a real one, everything would be well prepared.
And I'm taking for granted that no one here has ever gone to one of her concerts. If you have, would you repeat that experience or do you prefer a new album?
Concert for sure. I've already experienced three album releases, but never met Alizée in person. Especially considering the fact that her singing career may be over for good, a concert at this time would be a great close to the chapter.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:00 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Which do you prefer?
Concert. This would be the occasion that I would pay up to get front row.

Then I would upgrade to the "VIP" package if it included a meet and greet.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
I'd like to go to some alternate universe where I go through the other one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Concert. This would be the occasion that I would pay up to get front row.

Then I would upgrade to the "VIP" package if it included a meet and greet.
I would do the same thing.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:14 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I too would go for the concert, although an album might renew Alizee's career. I would love to see that.

I had planned to attend the Blonde concert in Paris. This would have involved flying from San Antonio, TX, booking a hotel, theater tickets, and other expenses. I was looking at over $5 thousand (includes my wife) to attend a concert. While struggling to get the theater tickets, I discovered Alizee's tour was cancelled.

Then there was her show in Mexico. Mexico borders Texas, but Alizee planned to show in a city over a thousand miles from San Antonio. So again I'm looking at a couple thousand dollars plus the dangers of tourist being preyed upon by gangsters in Mexico. At that time Trump was taking Hispanic kids from their parents and putting the kids in concentration camps located in the deserts of the Texas panhandle. The kids (as young as infants) were housed in tents without air conditioning. Needless to say there was some bad feelings about that down Mexico way. So I was debating whether to risk my life to see Alizee. I was saved from that decision when that show was cancelled.

If Alizee played a venue as small as a nightclub, I would give serious thought to going there. There is not another entertainer in my lifetime that I would give any thought to expending so much money or exerting so much effort to see. Paying $60 bucks for a ticket to see any entertainer rubs me the wrong way, so you can imagine how much incentive it takes for me to seriously consider expending thousands of dollars and three or four days of my time to travel to the other side of the earth to see one little lady sing a song.

Last edited by Shepherd; 12-05-2019 at 02:42 PM..
Old 12-05-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
So again I'm looking at a couple thousand dollars plus the dangers of tourist being preyed upon by gangsters in Mexico. At that time Trump was taking Hispanic kids from their parents and putting the kids in concentration camps located in the deserts of the Texas panhandle. The kids (as young as infants) were housed in tents without air conditioning. Needless to say there was some bad feelings about that down Mexico way. So I was debating whether to risk my life to see Alizee. I was saved from that decision when that show was cancelled.
Is Mexico really so dangerous? And is Trump so inhumane?

Quote:
so you can imagine how much incentive it takes for me to seriously consider expending thousands of dollars and three or four days of my time to travel to the other side of the earth to see one little lady sing a song.
It's nice to see so much love for that little lady
Old 12-06-2019, 10:27 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Is Mexico really so dangerous? And is Trump so inhumane?
I don't think Trump is any worse to these people than other presidents were. It's a difficult situation. So many people want to cross our border. If we let them all in, then eventually the border wouldn't be worth crossing. So you have many people illegally trying to cross the border. Our agents are not going to put up the ones they catch in a 5 star hotel, so it gets a little dicey at times.

When Alizee was on tour in Mexico, it would have been much easier for me to go down there than to France where the concerts were planned upon her return, but even though there are risks in Paris, I felt my odds of having a safe trip were much better in France, so I waited, then the Paris show was cancelled.

I have to think that if you want to visit Mexico, if you go to a popular site, you should be okay, as long as you don't stray off the beaten path, don't go out on your own and don't have too much to drink, smoke, snort, etc. I believe too that the police down there are very corrupt. If you have your wallet stolen, don't even report it. Accept your losses and be thankful you are still alive.

Another disturbing trend in the past couple of years are places that are serving tainted alcohol. Try to go to the well known resorts where they wont want to have their image tarnished in that way.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-06-2019 at 10:30 AM..