Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-13-2009, 02:30 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Past couple of days... bleh.
Friday I didn't get called back for a 2nd interview, so back to the drawing board in the job hunt. Saturday was going well, but this girl I've been talking to texted me saying she didn't have time for anything right now, so bah. Today was one of those 'didn't-do-anything-so-feel-like-crap' days. Haven't encountered any caribou either.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Past couple of days... bleh.
Friday I didn't get called back for a 2nd interview, so back to the drawing board in the job hunt. Saturday was going well, but this girl I've been talking to texted me saying she didn't have time for anything right now, so bah. Today was one of those 'didn't-do-anything-so-feel-like-crap' days. Haven't encountered any caribou either.
Hmm, let's see if we can't solve all your problems at once here, shall we? Ah ha!

Sexy caribou herder looking for business partner to help her through those cold Canadian winters? IfyouknowwhatImean?

Huh? Huh? Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more?
Old 07-13-2009, 03:20 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Tsk, if you can't tell on sight, you're not a real Canadian yet, eh?

(Looks like it could be one! Might just be a moose, though...it's kinda hard to see the horns from this angle.)

Awesome photo! I've never been that close to one, though we used to have deer at my great-uncle's cottage that would literally come right up to you to see if you'd feed them.
I did some research and looks like it wasn't a Caribou after all . There are like a million Mooses out there!
It's ok though, cause I ate Caribou last week at Quebec city . It tastes like Chicken with Coke .
Old 07-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
hahaha welcome to Zoo York! Enjoy your stay buddy
You flew into JFK, Newark or LaGuardia?
Thanks dude. I came in through La Guardia. I think Zoo York is the perfect word to describe it. I don't think you will see this many cars going through traffic in such a limited amount of lanes. Most big cities in the US have massive roads and many lanes. I suppose when you are such a old, historic city it's hard to teardown everything to make new roads. My cousin took me to queens to visit my nephews, passed by the place where they have the U.S. Open tennis tournament I don't think it's too far from the new Yankee stadium and went by citi Field where the mets play but mostly I have been hanging around Jamaica. It's been a pleasant experience so far especially if you haven't seen your cousins and nephews in years. Practically all my relatives lives in New York. And did I mention how multicultural the city is. You could find all sorts people and food from all corners of the world. I would like to visit Times Square next and of course Ground Zero where they are building the Freedom Tower, my cousin was telling me they finished making the base of the building. NYC is pretty cool I don't if I would want to live here, I prefer places where it's not too crowded I suppose it takes getting used to.

Last edited by Ali; 07-13-2009 at 04:39 PM..
Old 07-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

there was a dead dog at work today. he was a golden retreiver named Valentine
apparently he died sometime during the night. he was all rigid and in a weird arched position with his mouth open when we found him.. poor thing was just at the kennel for a few days while his owners were moving into their new home.

its heart breaking to think that he died all alone in the dark.. without the people he loves there to say goodbye.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Been crazy busy the past few weeks moving into a new apartment, why I haven't been around as much. But it's almost done and pretty awesome.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Thanks dude. I came in through La Guardia. I think Zoo York is the perfect word to describe it. I don't think you will see this many cars going through traffic in such a limited amount of lanes. Most big cities in the US have massive roads and many lanes. I suppose when you are such a old, historic city it's hard to teardown everything to make new roads. My cousin took me to queens to visit my nephews, passed by the place where they have the U.S. Open tennis tournament I don't think it's too far from the new Yankee stadium and went by citi Field where the mets play but mostly I have been hanging around Jamaica. It's been a pleasant experience so far especially if you haven't seen your cousins and nephews in years. Practically all my relatives lives in New York. And did I mention how multicultural the city is. You could find all sorts people and food from all corners of the world. I would like to visit Times Square next and of course Ground Zero where they are building the Freedom Tower, my cousin was telling me they finished making the base of the building. NYC is pretty cool I don't if I would want to live here, I prefer places where it's not too crowded I suppose it takes getting used to.
All true, yea visit ground zero, there is a lot to see!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Tsk, if you can't tell on sight, you're not a real Canadian yet, eh?

(Looks like it could be one! Might just be a moose, though...it's kinda hard to see the horns from this angle.)

Awesome photo! I've never been that close to one, though we used to have deer at my great-uncle's cottage that would literally come right up to you to see if you'd feed them.

Dude - that is so totally a Moose its not even CLOSE... sheesh... :P

Ed

Editing for my last Friday nights work story...

Ok, I was just going down for breakfast at 0130 a.m. (normal time for a 2nd shifter to eat breakfast) when I get a call over my radio "S-1! I NEED YOU IN THE ER STAT!" >>shit! my shift ends in 30 mins....<<

Run up to the ER to find two young men standing outside one of the ER rooms, ER room full of staff. I get the two young guys to go out front, find out whats going on... My partner watched on the video camera as these two carried this guy into the ER, front of his clothes saturated with blood...

People start arriving, by the carloads....

Apparently victim was slashed with a boxcutter @ a party...

More and more people arriving, very agitated, all excited, all want to be in the room with the patient, starting to get aggressive with my partner and I.

Local city police shows up (all knife and gunshot wounds have to be reported to the police according to New York State law...) Promptly asks Dispatch for backup for "crowd control"...

Within 15 mins, i have 12 cruisers in my parking lot, and about 25 people "related" to the victim...

Long story short, I left work at 0515, after calling the Police 4 times, and getting one "All availiable units" call to break up a fight in our parking lot. Last police call (@ 04:30 a.m.) resulted in police from 7 different agencies descending on our parking lot, and 11 arrests...

Friday sucked.

My car broke down today...

Tomorrow is going to be interesting... My sixth 12 hour shift in a row, and must get car repaired... ahhhh... and its raining....

Love it!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience

Last edited by Edcognito; 07-13-2009 at 10:55 PM..
Old 07-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Sexy caribou herder looking for business partner to help her through those cold Canadian winters? IfyouknowwhatImean?

Huh? Huh? Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more?
That is the most disturbing image I think I have ever seen.

Been really busy last couple of weeks for me, have had very little time to get on here. I started working almost two weeks ago as stage crew on a show at a professional theatre, had a college course with the producing director there and he offered to let me help on their next show, so thats what I am doing now. All is well with that except at one point during the show I have to fix a shirt one of the actresses takes off so she can put it back on later, but its honestly harder that a rubik's cube, I swear. Its some weird 3 piece goth shirt, with lace, zippers, cut out pieces, ugh its really awful (not the style just the shirt), and its not just me, everyone has trouble with it lol. They are going to sew two parts of it together so it shouldn't be so bad after that. In between all that I went to Holiday World (amusement park in Indiana) with friends last Friday and tomorrow I am going to Kingsisland (amusement park in Ohio) with my friends, I am going to be a wreck, and performances for the show start on the 16th woo hoo!

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I have work at 7am today and I don't wanna go = ( I'm not a morning person, I like to sleep in!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!