Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 12-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
I think the only way Alizee will do a tour in the US is if Alizee and Yelle make a combined US tour. Since Yelle is already known here it would be a good way to get Alizee's popularity up in the US. then once she is known then she can do her own tour.
As much as I believe this is an absolutely brilliant idea, I suspect it's unlikely to happen given that Yelle and Alizée are on different record labels. It would be awesome, though.

I think a more likely strategy would be to have Alizée's work sampled in a song or two by a hot artist on Sony BMG here in the North America, and gradually introduce her Stateside that way.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:55 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
As much as I believe this is an absolutely brilliant idea, I suspect it's unlikely to happen given that Yelle and Alizée are on different record labels. It would be awesome, though.

I think a more likely strategy would be to have Alizée's work sampled in a song or two by a hot artist on Sony BMG here in the North America, and gradually introduce her Stateside that way.
it matters not if they are on the same record label to tour together

Rob Zombie (Sony) and Ozzy Ozbourne (CBS) toured together last year

besides Yelle is switching labels to epic (jive)

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 12-28-2008 at 01:04 PM..
Old 12-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I don’t know, maybe you could have a French Pop Diva Tour. Get Alizée, Yelle, Natasha St. Pier and a few more together. Possible other candidates could be Jenifer, Lorie, Nolwenn Leroy and Amel Bent. Each could perform 3 or 4 songs of their own and then do a few songs together. They could also perform some English standards. Like a mini Les Enfoirés.

They could even film a concert in France and get it shown on PBS, just like they did with “Riverdance” or “Celtic Woman”. Then follow that up with a US tour. It might be easier to promote something like that.

OK, I admit it. I’ve probably gone off the deep end...
Old 12-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

That is also a good idea. Although, PBS? We can do better than that right?

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 12-28-2008, 02:03 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

good idea but not as likely

Old 12-28-2008, 02:59 PM
he eats the fish

i_luv_alizee is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusion. Of course we would all like to see her here in America. But until she is signed to a US label and actually releases something here, that's not going to happen. Concerts & tours are part of promotion. But when there's nothing to promote then what's the point? Pfft! Look at how many popstars release music in America but still don't ever tour here.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
Yelle is bad
Agreed.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:27 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_luv_alizee View Post
I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusion. Of course we would all like to see her here in America. But until she is signed to a US label and actually releases something here, that's not going to happen. Concerts & tours are part of promotion. But when there's nothing to promote then what's the point? Pfft! Look at how many popstars release music in America but still don't ever tour here.
Well, any time they have an album it can be promoted. There are still copies to buy right? Promotion is when Alizée decides it is. Besides, concerts are to make money for the performer in which case, as was the case originally, the album serves to promote the concert not the other way around.
Having said that, you are probably right. She'll have to either try to be a performer and make performances happen (somewhere) or her fans will have to throw away the rule book, become a monster of a force, grow their numbers and create a great outcry (or so I figure having seen what happened in Mexico).

What do I know? Nothing. Just common sense. It's not impossible, but the will must come from somewhere, not just wishes.

But yeah, it's fun to talk about wishes for a time. We did lots of that back in the day (2007) and there have always been a few people who did a little promotion, some of them successfully. Was anyone really jumping to conclusions?

Merci Fanny
Old 12-28-2008, 06:52 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

An entertainer needs a "hit".....several are better, but only one is needed...., and it needs to hit hard and fast. Fame in this industry is fleeting. Even the "hit" is only good for a season.

The Lolita Alizée had the hit....multiple hits...and they were taken advantage of to full extent, and created a strong worldwide fan base that hung on for several years.

The Alizée of today did not get the "hit". Nothing hit hard and fast. Psychedelices was mostly a sustainment album, as were the concerts. Her current fame is as much momentum from four years ago as it is additions to the base.

As for coming to America to perform.....even with a hit it would be a fat chance. Without a hit, it's nigh impossible with the exception of perhaps niche performance in a niche forum.

No matter what we do, the main driver in all this is..."THE HIT". She's gotta deliver something that takes hold and brings 'em in. Then we have a chance.

I'm still here because I feel a part of this enterprise. I see potential. I see possibilities. I'm hoping to see it all come together...BAM! And I can say I was there all along. But the possibility exists that there will be no more hits....no more magical dances....no more. That too is the price we pay for hanging on. As with any entertainer, years can pass inbetween hits...or albums. The magic of yesteryear is fading.....the magic of today is weak....we hope and pray for some new magic in the years to come. And I'll be here.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:11 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
An entertainer needs a "hit".....several are better, but only one is needed...., and it needs to hit hard and fast. Fame in this industry is fleeting. Even the "hit" is only good for a season.

The Lolita Alizée had the hit....multiple hits...and they were taken advantage of to full extent, and created a strong worldwide fan base that hung on for several years.

The Alizée of today did not get the "hit". Nothing hit hard and fast. Psychedelices was mostly a sustainment album, as were the concerts. Her current fame is as much momentum from four years ago as it is additions to the base.

As for coming to America to perform.....even with a hit it would be a fat chance. Without a hit, it's nigh impossible with the exception of perhaps niche performance in a niche forum.

No matter what we do, the main driver in all this is..."THE HIT". She's gotta deliver something that takes hold and brings 'em in. Then we have a chance.

I'm still here because I feel a part of this enterprise. I see potential. I see possibilities. I'm hoping to see it all come together...BAM! And I can say I was there all along. But the possibility exists that there will be no more hits....no more magical dances....no more. That too is the price we pay for hanging on. As with any entertainer, years can pass inbetween hits...or albums. The magic of yesteryear is fading.....the magic of today is weak....we hope and pray for some new magic in the years to come. And I'll be here.
I agree, Ogre, good post. But, honestly, as much as I'd love to see all the wonderful suggestions and ideas above reach fruition, the fundamental fact remains that she simply does not want to expand her career to America. It's been discussed a billion times: almost everything with Alizée (fan communication, concert performances, career expansion, etc.) boils down to a function of desire and effort. Even when all the pieces are in place, a little push is necessary - only she can supply that impetus. Sure, many external forces come into play as well, such as the necessity of a 'hit,' but I think a basic desire to accomplish something has to exist.

Last edited by mavsluver41; 12-28-2008 at 11:06 PM..

Tags
aam project, alizee, america, canada, promotion, tour