Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
May be you could persuade them to play Alizee's music. Just keep bugging the DJ to play her songs!
heck that song ought to be their theme song!

Old 01-22-2012, 08:22 AM

Ai-lease is on a distinguished road
Talking Actual or slightly delayed comments on Alizée

Ok, I'm new to this fan site, and i'd like to share my opinion on the phenomenon Alizée. I realize this place is as sacred as it can be to Alizée's fans, so i realize some of my comments i'm about to make might be burnt at stake and i might be called a heretic, but since this is a discussion place, let us discuss (after all, nobody is so serious as to take it seriously, right?, and those who are are advised to adopt the who-cares approach). Alright, here we go:

8-10 years ago, Alizée's career was built on the presentation of a singing beauty whose charm was jaw-dropping, really. I don't think we have ever seen a better-looking female performer of French origin. The songs were written to support that sparking image too. They were mainstream pop (in the good sense, of course), very catching and almost always sexy (by this I mean ALWAYS, "almost" is just used not make the text too boring). You remember those hip movements, right? I know, meeee tooooo :-) The combination of a girl tres charmante, french language that's just begging to be sung and well-written songs ...that was just killing. What was amazing about it was that you might even say there were more girls than guys attending her concerts. Just look at the concert videos! She was true and extremely fresh model for the young.

Now, some time has passed, of course, and Alizée's a bit older (still chic, though, you bet!!!). And that's the problem and that's the primary reason I'm writing this novel here. I absolutely don't understand the substantial change in her image. She has all those marketing advisers, I know, although I think she doesn't, really, when I observe this. I still like her, but I don't like her image at all. She is not at the age to turn herself into a chansonnier, change her hairstyle the way she did and sing semi-psycho ,highly depressive songs - its her life, of course, i'm just giving an opinion of a totally unknown fan, because she does it for the fans, lets face it. She does it for herself, but she does it for the fans as well. No fans, no Alizée. If there are any marketing advisers, I'd fire them all right off (and she doesn't need them in that case).
The age of twenty something doesn't equal that of eighteen, but she is not old, and it seems to me that this was (some time ago) what they assumed about her when rearranging her image. There are cool female singers over thirty-five, still setting the Thames on fire. Why don't they do the same thing with Alizée? Come on!!!!! She deserves it. If they don't, I'm not going to Paris ever again :-)).

Wasn't that bad after all, was it :-) ?
Old 01-22-2012, 08:35 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, Ai-Lease! No, it wasn't too bad there. You make good points, and raise good questions. Check this thread we had last week: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6817for a similar discussion!

Not going to Paris ever again? Bof! Pauvre p'tit!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Lili's minion

AlizeeNEO is on a distinguished road

Has anyone located a hi-res version of the Alizee photo from 2008/2009 Manzetti photo shoot? The same one that I have as my Profile pic. My fave Lili pic, but cant find a better resolution.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:41 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizeeNEO View Post
Has anyone located a hi-res version of the Alizee photo from 2008/2009 Manzetti photo shoot? The same one that I have as my Profile pic. My fave Lili pic, but cant find a better resolution.

Mmm... i saw that pic through google images a couple a days ago, and now i am not able to find it... Pretty sure it was not hi-res anyway.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:00 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizeeNEO View Post
I've been looking for a hi-res of that pic myself. May be we could ask Alizee after Les Enfoire, especially on a weekend when she seems to have more time to tweet. She loves to post pictures of her pets anyways.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:23 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Tineye did not help this time. oh well...
Old 01-30-2012, 05:29 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I've never seen a hi-rez version of this one. Maybe Jake has a good idea.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:19 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I've never seen a hi-rez version of this one. Maybe Jake has a good idea.
I wish. LOL! I'm just waiting for a software program that can blow-up and enhance the quality of this pic.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

I could've sworn someone here posted a higher resolution version of that pic a while back...