Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Articles and Blog

Old 06-09-2018, 11:32 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road
Default My Daily Blog :)

Well... I wanted to start this personal blog cause i feel free to talk whatever i want to.... So lets start! (Sorry for the typos i'm not english native)

Today was a good day actually, i started the second level of my french courses (2 out of 17 lol), i'm used to listen to Toc de Mac before i start with the day officially and it really motivates me. Talking about the french class, during the mean time i talked with my new teacher and she asked me "What do you do to learn french?" and answered "well... I always listen to a French singer called Alizée" and then i showed her one Alizée's song because i wanted to know if she recognize her and my teacher's expression was like "i know who's her and i'm impressed that you listen to her music!" but i don't really know if she knows Alizée or not. The class finished okay but i still prefer my first level teacher haha.

By the way, today i friend asked me how can i always listen to Alizée without getting tired and i didn't know how to answer, the reason is probably Alizée is the kind of singer i always wanted to listen to, her music is my musical taste in a nutshell, Mes Courants Electriques for me is the best album i've ever listened to because it's energizing and combines a lot of instruments at the same time (the case of Toc de Mac), every song is completely different to the other, coeur deja pris is magic and its video clips are awesome (i prefer A contre courant video cause it's like the typical musical video of those times performed in a abandoned building and i love that! <3) so... Maybe the answer is that i ALWAYS listen to Alizée cause her music match with me and she as a person seems kind and sweet! (i write this lines cause i read jessica's letters and i really loved how she described Alizée's personality <3)

finally i want to say that i love this place, it lets me connect with Alizée (the person) even though i don't contribute a lot compared to other members, but i'm okay : D

à bientôt!

(Btw i love this piano cover of Toc de Mac http://soundcloud.com/velectrody/ali...e-megalizeecom) bye bye!

Story 1 (6/9/18)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, i want to tell you guys about a story that have happened to me like 3 month ago:

first of all this is my actual collection of Alizée: http://www.dropbox.com/s/6uj9h9oluxq...24028.jpg?dl=0 (i know is pretty petit compared to other members collections)

I have a petit story with Mes courants electriques. When i bought Gourmandises my parents couldn't understand why a teenager would want a disk in 2018, back then every day before gourmandises arrived at my house my parents asked me the same thing, yeah it was pretty annoying, then they stopped days after the disc arrived but with Mes courants electriques was a bit different because when i bought it on Amazon my father didn't notice that he bought 2 copies instead one and he was suppeeeeer mad hahah, we couldn't return the second copy bought by mistake, the times passed and both arrived, i remember that day cause when i opened the box with the albums one of them was supeeeeeeeeeeeeer broken:

1.-http://www.dropbox.com/s/8r53erqzsdv...24145.jpg?dl=0

2.-http://www.dropbox.com/s/6o95x6apzql...24153.jpg?dl=0

But the other one was in pretty good conditions (the one you can see in the first link) this would sound rude but i'm happy that we bought a second copy by mistake because if the broken one arrives i would cry a lot, haha my father wants to return the broken MCE but maybe he will never do it.

this is my petit story (if my father doesn't return it by the time i'm gonna move to USA i'll grab the disk as mine haha, that's the only thing valuable there)

Last edited by Edsel Di Meo; 06-09-2018 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-21-2018, 02:21 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Edsel, I think I can speak for the rest when I say this, but you are absolutely accepted just as you are on our forums. There is no reason to ever doubt that. It is obvious that Alizee is someone important to you, and you make a great addition here. Nationality and age does not matter, and even if you feel you are struggling with your English when you communicate with us, you do better than what you think!

Alizee just has that special something that seems to help people feel better and put a smile on their face. I had gone through tough times as well, and just seeing her face and smile, hearing her voice whether it be singing or talking, just makes me feel better.
I agree with CleverCowboy. If there's anything you need help with, feel free to ask, either in chat or the forum or via pm.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:26 AM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

This is a very great blog, Edsel
Old 06-22-2018, 07:55 AM

Hello guys! Yesterday I didn't write anything because I was super tired.

I'm gonna write this before I have breakfast.

Today I feel super super super super (repeat: x99) proud of Alizée, look she started a music career 18 years ago, she were successful at least the first 8 years of her career, the other years maybe wasn't super good as the first ones but she tried and that's more than a lot of people would have done so she did 6 albums (a lot), she won a dance contest, she have her dance academy, she's also married with a guy who personally have my seal of approval hahah and now she organized along her husbanda Gala!!! That's awesome! She's someone as I've said many times on the chat that what she does she does good.

Frankly I don't think she's going to be a singer again, because to be a singer requires many things that probably are not are easy to get (like a good Manager) but maybe I prefer this reality, this reality in which she's happy, basically I said this because she could disappear from the internet but she didn't, she is sharing her dream and if she feels comfortable and happy with having an academy and becoming a dancer I'm happy and I'll support her anyways.

This is my message, I hope you guys like it.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:48 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
This is my message, I hope you guys like it.
Your post was very well said. It has my personal seal of approval!

We all miss her singing, but her happiness is certainly more important. She seems to be in a good place right now. Gregoire adores her, which any sane man in his position would. Even though she seems totally committed to the dance studio, there always will remain the chance she might be invited to do some singing, either as a guest vocal with an established band or Les Enfoires in the coming years. What I think is the least likely is a big musical project with another album and tour. That is, unless she teams up with Mylene again.

I'm just hoping she stays in the public eye for years to come and doesn't fade out.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:17 AM

I really like what both you guys said. We dream of another album but realize that is unlikely but will enjoy supporting her no matter what she does as long as she keeps us in the picture. I hope she realizes this.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:31 PM

Default Mylene et Alizée

Bonjour !

Today I listened to one Mylene Farmer albums because I wanted to get in-depth knowledge about the artist who helped Alizée to become famous...

I just listened to one album because I didn't have time to continue listening the other albums but this one from 1989 it's special and I could understand a more why Mylene likes the songs with double meaning lyrics, the reason is that she really knows how to set up an ambiance of instrumental music and at the same time it helps to let you know what sentiments is she trying to communicate even though you don't really understand the lyrics (like me basically haha) so i like her style, it's not simple on the contrary it's pretty complex, her music it's more than lyrics it's her life melted in sentiments ! I cannot say that there were songs I didn't like but the point is that just one album made me understand 2 things: The first one is that Mylene is super talented as Alizée so it's understandable she became pretty famous in France and the second one is that of you have a team with such talented people is understandable than someone like Alizée were super famous in france, Mylene and Alizée is a perfect team, and if you also put boutonnat in the same team you have a gold mine of good songs.

I'm wondering what would have been about the third album if they continued together
Old 06-23-2018, 02:21 AM

I've referred to Alizée, MF and LB in the past as the dream team. They really seem to be a perfect fit for one another. I have no doubt a third album would've met with much success.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:44 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm wondering what would have been about the third album if they continued together
I guess like MCE was more grown up from Gourmandises, a third album might have been closer to Mylene's own songs maybe. I haven't listened to or studied her music any.

Anyway I'm not convinced Alizée wanted to be that successful. Every different old performance video out there is another day traveling to a TV studio and hanging around there waiting to go out and perform. Each interview is the same. For each single release the whole process starts over. The video database (I don't have a link handy) shows how frequently she had to show up for these things. Then there would have been photoshoots too. It was a lot of work and time spent for someone who probably hated having to talk about herself.

I imagine it was 'been there, done that' to her.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:15 PM

Default My love

Bonjour! I'm sleepy but i'm going to try to write today's blog:

As you see in the title today im going to tell you about the girl i really love!

This girl is very special, i like her because she's someone who always work hard to get good results, she study 2 careers at the same time (both are engineering), another thing i like about her is her smile, her smile is awesomeeee!! (Alizêe's smile is better but my crush's smile is good too) and even though she doesn't have time to even herself (yeah she's always studying and studying and studying) i always try to help her as much as her time and my knowledge can, i feel a bit sad for her because she told me that she wants to play the violin, learn english and workout but the bright part is that if she gets 2 engineering titles i'm sure she'll have enough money and time to develope those habilities, and if you're wondering if she have ever failed a class the answer is nope, she every semester manage to pass every class so yeah she's very talented, lovely, sweet.... a long etcetera haha

I always say to myself that she's my Alizêe hahaha and the reason is that she's as talented as Alizée so i have no doubt that my crush will get awesome results when she starts working... Another fact is that she knows how to get good results on pressure because every day between monday and thursday she's jumping between both universities (yeah she study one engineering on mine and another on other university) haha you can see now why i always try to help her, also we're going to get together on monday to study some C++ because of a test we have on thursday and friday...

Well... this is it, i hope you guys like it!

Baisers! Au revoir!
Old 06-23-2018, 11:22 PM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bonjour! I'm sleepy but i'm going to try to write today's blog:

As you see in the title today im going to tell you about the girl i really love!

This girl is very special, i like her because she's someone who always work hard to get good results, she study 2 careers at the same time (both are engineering), another thing i like about her is her smile, her smile is awesomeeee!! (Alizêe's smile is better but my crush's smile is good too) and even though she doesn't have time to even herself (yeah she's always studying and studying and studying) i always try to help her as much as her time and my knowledge can, i feel a bit sad for her because she told me that she wants to play the violin, learn english and workout but the bright part is that if she gets 2 engineering titles i'm sure she'll have enough money and time to develope those habilities, and if you're wondering if she have ever failed a class the answer is nope, she every semester manage to pass every class so yeah she's very talented, lovely, sweet.... a long etcetera haha

I always say to myself that she's my Alizêe hahaha and the reason is that she's as talented as Alizée so i have no doubt that my crush will get awesome results when she starts working... Another fact is that she knows how to get good results on pressure because every day between monday and thursday she's jumping between both universities (yeah she study one engineering on mine and another on other university) haha you can see now why i always try to help her, also we're going to get together on monday to study some C++ because of a test we have on thursday and friday...

Well... this is it, i hope you guys like it!

Baisers! Au revoir!
What I was going to say before that thread moved here lol is that you have a lot of passion for her and what a great post very thoughtful