Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-10-2022, 09:23 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Previously, I've kicked around a number of theories; here are the theories that I've settled on:

1. She has very feminine-looking eyes.

2. There is something about her facial features such that her appearance changes dramatically from one setting to another, as if she was a number of different women.

The brain perceives this as being very attractive. (And it may be the reason why many men state that Alizee reminds them of "the girl next door.")
I think it would be a good case study as to why men think Alizee is the "girl next door" and why men find that look so attractive.

First, I'm not sure if the phrase "girl next door" is something that is used in countries outside the US. Maybe some of our members can chime in on this.

When I think of the "girl next door" types, I think of attributes like: feminine, traditional, simplicity, charming, modest and an effortless beauty. Since they are "next door", you might see them in all kinds of settings, so they can be dressed up or dressed down, full makeup or little to no makeup. Hair nicely done or messy hair. In any way, you find her always beautiful.

So this would cover your second point in that she "changes dramatically" but yet you like each one.

I don't know why many men are attracted to these types the most. I know I have always been this way. Maybe it is something deep within our genes that we don't fully understand yet.
Old 05-10-2022, 01:30 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I'm not sure if the phrase "girl next door" is something that is used in countries outside the US. Maybe some of our members can chime in on this.
If you were to ask people here in Australia what "the girl next door" refers to, probably a decent percentage of people would've either heard it in an American film/tv show, or if not could probably guess something close enough to what it means.

It's not a phrase people would be likely to use in casual conversation though. I think I've only ever heard it used in an American context online or in media.

But the US is so darn good at exporting its culture whether good or bad that people in other English speaking countries often know a fair bit about American culture.

It's easy as a non-American to laugh at (some) people in the US that know so little about the outside world, and that bit of laughter is sometimes valid, but when such a huge percentage of films, music, websites, brands, apps etc come from the US, at the very least you can't deny the insane level of influence the US has on the world. Got a little side tracked here haha.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:11 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
When I think of the "girl next door" types, I think of attributes like: feminine, traditional, simplicity, charming, modest and an effortless beauty. Since they are "next door", you might see them in all kinds of settings, so they can be dressed up or dressed down, full makeup or little to no makeup. Hair nicely done or messy hair. In any way, you find her always beautiful.
That's a good definition.

Quote:
So this would cover your second point in that she "changes dramatically" but yet you like each one.
No, that's not what I mean.

In the case of the typical 'girl next door'-- whether dressed up or dressed down, makeup or little to no makeup-- its clear that its the same girl, the same individual.

Whereas Alizee looks like different girls, different individuals--- i.e. looks like "someone else."

Consider the following:

Does that look like the same girl to you? It looks like two different girls to me.