Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Alizee's 'people' should have been in touch with the Radio Station to give their support for your efforts ( i assume that they haven't?). They could have capitalized on the publicity that the adds have generated. I would also have thought that some sort of financial support would have been welcomed by you (even as a token gesture). After all you are doing thier work for them.
1) Alizee sadly doesn't have any people now. Scruff played older songs so her people would have been Mylene and Co. But she is no longer under them obviously haha I'm glad she isn't!

2)Thanks Scruff so much for trying! Don't worry about what you could have or should have done different, because you will hit yourself over the issue.

3)If WE build it, THEY will come -Field of Dreams
Old 07-01-2010, 01:14 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I feel your pain too, Scruffy.
Your efforts (and everyone else's) are VERY appreciated here. Don't forget that.
Funnily enough i've just be having a rant about something unrelated (but perhaps similar) at my own website.
You can read the post here -

http://www.ewafarna.co.uk/blog/index.php

The general tone of it, i think, relects what you are saying?
I've come to the conclusion over the last year that any sort of promotion that you, i, or anyone attempts is a waste of time without some sort of Official support. Perhaps 'waste of time' is a tad harsh but you know what i mean?
Alizee's 'people' should have been in touch with the Radio Station to give their support for your efforts ( i assume that they haven't?). They could have capitalized on the publicity that the adds have generated. I would also have thought that some sort of financial support would have been welcomed by you (even as a token gesture). After all you are doing thier work for them.

I think that the important thing is not to give in and to stay positive. My situation is slightly different as it's mainly (but not totally) financial reasons for my annoyance at the 'failure' of my site.
Hang in there.

Oh and i remember seeing Katie live in Belfast many years ago. Me and about 6 other people. Lovely, talented girl!
I haven't seen any evidence of a reaction from Alizee or promotional/label to the AA letter of support and willingness to promote in the states. Her current album sales suck and I doubt they would be interested in the promotion of MF era music because it would not promote their current agenda. I applaud Scruffy for such dedication and tenacity in the promotion of our Alizee and many others that have worked so hard on her and her fans behalf. With the state the world is in at this time I am not sure that Alizee performing in the nude would get peoples attention right now lol. I am sorry to be such a Debbie downer, but I just call them like I see them. I agree that Alizee and her promotional teams blessing and an aggressive campaign by them is what is called for if any significant possibility for success at promoting Alizee here. I hope I am dead wrong by the way.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:03 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
1) Alizee sadly doesn't have any people now. Scruff played older songs so her people would have been Mylene and Co. But she is no longer under them obviously haha I'm glad she isn't!

Well, she must have a management team that work behind the scenes on her behalf? I think also that Scruffy's ad's had a mixture of song snippets on them?

The lack of communication from Official sources is a big problem i think. This site gives her a foothold, or at least a beginning, in the US. As do the other sites dotted around the world (for their respective countries).
As far as i'm aware (and again i could be wrong) there has never been any contact from an Official Alizee source to Ben or anyone else directly involved with maintaining AAm. There is an opportunity here and she really needs to reach out and grab it.
If even someone was to come along and say 'We like what you are doing here and Alizee appreciates your efforts' it would be something?
My own site is probably going to have to close for that reason, allthough there are other issues also involved in that but it would be nice to be recognised and appreciated.

Last edited by Junkmale; 07-01-2010 at 02:09 AM.. Reason: sp
Old 07-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

I wish I could hear but I'm all the way in Wisconsin

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Good and bad uses of three grand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well the commercials have run their course. What kind of results will there be if any?
The Boston radio ads, which ran for a couple weeks in the second half of June 2010, each ended by pointing people at Alizée America online. Here is what Alexa shows was the site traffic, including the period in question.

Given the dramatic ups and downs seen before the ads began, if the ads had any effect on site traffic during their run, it was not dramatic.

Quote:
I would have liked to have placed these ads with a top 40 station as opposed to a soft rock station. But as I mentioned before, of the several stations I contacted, this was the only one to offer any serious consideration to what I wanted to do.
To repeat myself, I believe the biggest single factor by far working against Alizée as a singer which new American listeners might like is her use of French. This being so, I think it is very wasteful to conduct promotional efforts outside the American francophone (or at least francophile) community.

There is an old adage I just made up: don't fish in a swimming pool. Reasonable targets for promotion activity in the United States are:
> French meetup.com groups
> Alliance Française network institutions
> French music and culture mass-media programs

Quote:
last week, when I was trying to hand out 50 dvd's of Alizée's music at a time when these ads were running. I found teenagers were the ones who were most responsive and willing to take these discs and to listen to them and what I had to say
Minors are used to getting stuff for free all the time from their parents, school, etc. And they are not afraid some one will mistake them for a fiscally potent adult who will be asked in some way to compensate the person handing them "free" stuff.

When adults attend fairs and expos, especially if they have paid an admission fee, they are much more willing to take free stuff from a booth/kiosk/table. That's why I think staffing such a station at a fee-based Bastille Day event would work MUCH better than hitting up random people on the street on a random day.

Quote:
Bottom line is, where do we go from here?
Some people here took umbrage at my suggestion that Alizée benefit from patrons, but look at what they are now undertaking at the Gainsbourg "opera" in Tel Aviv. They are explicitly soliciting enhanced financial support from VIPs and sponsors. By paying enough, you also get polite access to the artists at an adjunct social event. A very generous sum like three thousand dollars could have helped a lot at an enterprise like the Tel Aviv event. Sure, it would be nice if one could do three thousand dollars of promotion and generate thirty thousand dollars of purchases from new consumers in consequence, but what if that is impossible? An artist with an income from some source can continue to create art, even if its sold produce is not very remunerative. So if Alizée's business manager can make a convincing case that the three grand Boston radio campaign was a quid-pro-quo for the half-hour private session in Paris, then it may well have done her much good by PROVING what a very high price her time can command.

I don't know how much Alizée charges for her services, but I could see her working for three thousand dollars a day if it was consistent with the welfare of her career and her personal dignity. This includes events where she does nothing more than host an event, like she recently did at the annual St. Erasmus Fair in Ajaccio.

If she is willing to do DJ work at the Ritz, I wonder if Alizée might also consider modeling work, something singers and other non-fashion celebrities have done in recent years. (One recalls Madonna's "infamous" topless strut!) Like Milan, Paris is a fashion capital with lots of designer shows. One is also reminded how in her last two albums Alizée has acted out every little girl's dress-up fantasy by adopting the persona of model Edie Sedgwick!

For the most part, the supermodels are passé and the typical fashion model today is a teen who will be used for one season and probably never again, and is paid about $250 an hour. Again, I could see Alizée modeling in the show of a major designer for three thousand bucks. A sincere fan looking to patronize Alizée with three thousand dollars could have an interesting time trying to play match-maker: ask the designer if Alizée were welcome if she agreed and her fee was paid, and then approach Alizée if the answer were yes.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 07-06-2010 at 08:58 AM..
Old 07-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Strangely enough Doc, that's something that i've often thought about.
It wouldn't be relevant to me as i'm not from the US but...
Alizee is a working artist(e) like all in the entertainment industry i suppose.
I'm sure she has has a going rate for appearances and the like.
There are almost 2,000 members here on AAm (not all active, obviously).
If everyone was able to give say $10 each...do the math (as you lot would probably say.
If you pay her...she will come....maybe.
Just a thought.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:45 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Strangely enough Doc, that's something that i've often thought about.
It wouldn't be relevant to me as i'm not from the US but...
Alizee is a working artist(e) like all in the entertainment industry i suppose.
I'm sure she has has a going rate for appearances and the like.
There are almost 2,000 members here on AAm (not all active, obviously).
If everyone was able to give say $10 each...do the math (as you lot would probably say.
If you pay her...she will come....maybe.
Just a thought.
Probably. However, keep in mind that a hop across the pond is a much larger demand on her time than a Hotel in Paris - the commute for one is an hour round trip, while the other involves hotel stays and 2 days of travel.

Last edited by Rev; 07-05-2010 at 11:31 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Again I'm amazed by the devotion and dedication of the people on this forum. You guys should be commended for your Alizee-awareness efforts! :3
Old 07-08-2010, 02:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Probably. However, keep in mind that a hop across the pond is a much larger demand on her time than a Hotel in Paris - the commute for one is an hour round trip, while the other involves hotel stays and 2 days of travel.

A hop across the pond is a huge demand on her money too. I would think she would want and we too would want her to fly first class, so this could easily cost $3,000.00 before she ever got off the plane, and what about the others flying with her, her band if she needed to bring one, her security, her managers, an interpreter, Jeremy? Then there would be hotels. How many people would we need to put up and for how many nights? A good hotel in a big city would cost at least 300 per person per night. Costs could easily reach 5 figures before she ever set foot on a stage.

As far as the radio ads, it looks like they were a huge disappointment. I'm really surprised at how little of an affect it had. Would have targeting a different type of station, or a different age group, another city made any difference. Given the poor results of this experiment, I tend to believe it wouldn't. Maybe we need to include the visual affect of Alizée to have something like this to be truely affective. But the expense of that would probably make it unlikely to happen.

So we have to keep trying. I think the best way is trying to get some part of the media to do a story about her. I've tried this in the past and will continue to do so.

As far as approaching the French community. That's a good effort, but it too will only gain us a few fans here or there. Not enough to make the type of noticable impact that I had hoped these ads would make.