Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-07-2016, 12:02 PM

deligna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
She's definitely very smart, and very, very aware. However, smart and making the correct choices, do not always go hand in hand.
She definetively has a strong personality. Havent seen much that points to her being smart though. Are there any concrete cases or interviews where she says or does something smart?
Old 06-07-2016, 01:38 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I think she has a good brain in her head, but she doesn't have much formal education (high school), and not much experience in analytical thinking. She also has an immature streak, which is actually one of her charms, but it leads to impulsive behavior: tattoos and a marriage in Las Vegas. And then there's the problem with her fans who love her and want her to be perfect, and are always pushing her in this or that direction, but she's a human being loaded down with imperfections. And that's just the way it is.

Last edited by Shepherd; 06-07-2016 at 01:58 PM..
Old 06-07-2016, 03:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well of course she dropped out of school at the age of 15 to pursue her new career. What good could her tutoring do her back then when she was doing so much travelling and making so many appearances. At that point, was it more important for her to concentrate on a dance step or lines to a song as opposed to learning in what year, Napoleon met his Waterloo? . She loves to do some gaming, but who here isn't guilty of that?

Look at the Les Enfoires show. The participants have little time to rehearse for this show and you see early on in a year's show, many mistakes being made by others, but have you ever seen her making a mistake. She looks like she's been doing every dance all her life. She is I'm sure a quick study. We often see her helping others with their lines.

I've said it before, I think if she had finished high school, she would've done well and if she moved on to college which I believe was her original intention, I think she would have done very well there too.

Look at the music game show she was on that she won. It showed she was a quick thinker and smart in things she was exposed to.

The only thing I could say she might be guilty of and that really isn't the proper term for it is she's more or less of small town background. She has values based on family and Corsica and freinds. It leads her to maybe not being wise to the ways of the world or ways that would be best for her career, that drive me up a wall at times, but if I could truely fault her for that, I wouldn't be here.

There may be many other singers in the world better educated than her, but not that many with the strong vaules and strength of character she has. She is in my book, a very sharp cookie.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:12 AM

I have no doubt that if Alizee had pursued an academic career, she would have been successful; but I doubt that she would have been as satisfied with that life as she is in entertainment. I also think she would have been crazy to pass up the opportunity MF offered her even though it meant dropping out of school. In no way do I think she is a failure. I would, however, like to see her more successful, but not so much for her benefit as for mine. Greater success would give me greater access to her. Less success means she will fade from sight. That might not be a problem for her; it would be for me. The best standard for success in life is whether one enjoys the life he has. Although Alizee has suffered disappointments, overall she has had a great life. Who wouldn't leap at the opportunity to do as well?
Old 06-08-2016, 08:29 AM

It would be interesting to hear her views if she would truly open up and let us know those feelings that are deep inside her that maybe she herself suppresses.

I think Jeremy was truly her soul mate. I think she was as deeply in love with this guy as a woman can be, though I believe even early on there was trouble in the relationship though I'm not really sure about what; careers maybe?

When things finally started to fall apart, I wonder how long she stayed in this relationship, for the sake of family. I think it took an awful lot to finally make that decision to leave, but despite that, after a few years, you can see in the second week of DALS, the heart break it still caused her.

She admitted either during DALS or shortly before that she was lonely and that had to lead to depression I'm sure, despite having a daughter, parents and brother and a home that brought a tremendous amount of happiness into her life there was a void that needed to be filled. A void that you would think such an incredibly beautiful woman would never have.

DALS changed so much. With her post MF albums, there was little success and a lot of criticism. Finally she proved she was a star in her own right. Again she enjoyed being on stage. Again she found love and I think another very big aspect of what happened with DALS is her daughter grew up years after the successes of MCE and Gour. She grew up during the disappointments of Psych and UEDS and 5 and as Alizee grew up with kids who can be very cruel and her daughter probably had to answer a lot of questions from her peeers. Questions that put her in an uncomfortable position. After DALS, Alizee's daughter I'm sure was holding her head a lot higher and I think this meant a lot to both of them.

When things finally started to fall apart, I wonder how long she stayed in this relationship, for the sake of family.

She admitted either during DALS or shortly before that she was lonely and that had to lead to depression I'm sure, despite having a daughter, parents and brother and a home that brought a tremendous amount of happiness into her life there was a void that needed to be filled. A void that you would think such an incredibly beautiful woman wouldn't have.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:31 PM

deligna is on a distinguished road

Considering she's kind of introverted and shy i cant imagine her not being a thinker. Based on what you guys have said i think she's pretty sharp, but lacks knowledge in certain areas since she left school at 15 years of age. She definetively has willpower though, so it wouldent surprise me if she has caught up a little to the knowledge she lacked since she left school.

The fact that she lived the dream being a fameous pop star idol and chose to leave it behind to pursue another type of happiness makes me think she has realized what is important to be happy, making her more "street smart" than "book smart".
Old 06-08-2016, 01:44 PM

One of the questions I have, which will probably never be answered, is whether Jeremy caused the break with MF? He appears more interested in the management side of the business than the entertainment. I wonder if he put the idea into Alizee's head that MF was cheating her and that she could do better under his management. It's also probable that Alizee grated under the directives of MF. Alizee hints at such a situation in the song she named after MF on her last album, and we see her on a number of occasions being headstrong. Alizee has spoken of Madonna as a model and expressed admiration of her independence.

After the break with MF we see Alizee at odds with Jeremy in Mexico. I suspect that was, at least in part, because he was trying to direct her life and career. To live with Alizee and not affect her actions would be difficult. On this site alone, we see members (including myself) wanting her to do this or that. It's difficult to imagine Alizee tolerating anyone trying to control her.

I suspect one of the great advantages Gregorie has is that he doesn't attempt to push her in any direction. Instead, he is attentive to her every emotional nuance. You can see this during the dance lessons he gives her for DALs. As a result, we see Alizee not opposing Gregory, but acquiescing to his lifestyle of dance.

One of the most poignant moments in Alizee's life for me was the incident during DALS when Alizee threw a fit of jealousy back stage over Gregorie working with Nathalie Pechalat. Alizee denies the incident happened, but I believe "where there's smoke, there's fire." Something happened. In her interview with Kika when Alizee was 19, she admitted to being a jealous woman:

For which fault do you have the most *indulgence* in a woman?
Alizée: Jealousy. I am jealous. Therefore, I understand that one can be like that.

What is the quality that you prefer in a man?
Alizée: Attention. When a man is attentive, it means he has understood his relationship with others. Taking care of those around you is a very important quality.

For which fault do you have the most *indulgence* in a man?
Alizée: Jealousy. The same as for a woman.

http://sztar.com/temak/aliz%C3%A9e-i...-fr-eng.34994/

That Alizee would break character in public to express her jealousy over Gregorie shows how much she loves him and has a deep need for him. And that Gregorie would put his career at risk by quitting DALs for Alizee shows he would do anything for her. I don't look at this incident in a negative light at all. Both of them have demonstrated that they will sacrifice themselves for the other. It makes me respect Alizee and Gregorie all the more.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:37 PM

I "heard" or should I say read that supposedly Jeremy told her she was not getting her fair share from MF/LB, but now after 4 failed albums it's obvious how much of her early success was due to them and considering that, I'm sure her share was very fair.

As far as Nathalie Pechalat, I never heard that Alizee had a jealous fit back stage. Did that actually happen? I watched parts of those episodes and it's easy to see how any woman, not just Alizee would be jealous of the way these dance partners interact.

I had thought what might have happened between her and Gregoire was she saw the closeness between N & G; something they more or less have to have in what they do and it worried her deeply and Gregoire saw the affect it was having on her and he made the decision to drop out. But I never really heard anything concrete as to what actually happened.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:17 AM

_♥_ is on a distinguished road

In my book she gets a pass regarding 'her dressing herself' for small venue/charity appearances because Alizeé is not known to be a 'stylist' nor a coiffeuse nor a maquilleuse. Too bad the rest of the world is not so forgiving. When the budget allows for pros in every 'department' we get to see something like this:

Clearly taken with the loving eye of a 'non pro' photographer.

PS: Sweet Rudy, meilleure qualité photo SVP

Last edited by _♥_; 06-09-2016 at 05:32 AM..
Old 06-13-2016, 01:38 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

First of all, I got a bad feeling from Jeremy as of day one - a feeling i did express in this forum. (Note: Other than being concerned that Gregoire might not be smart enough for her, I have had noting but a good feeling from him since day one.)

Jeremy was a liar. He was not honest with her in some ways. Yes, she fell head over heels for him (and likely him for her), but there was some trouble in their marriage within one year of it's forming, and it got worse over time.

I believe (this is speculation) that a lot of the trouble stemmed around Jeremy saying what she wanted to hear rather than telling the full truth, and she only came to realize the truth over a period of years. As it became clear that in some ways he was not the right fit for her, they grew apart. Attempts to "save" the marriage did not work, and, after several years there was a large gap between them. She spent several years hanging in for the sake of the child, but in the end Jeremy did a couple of things that finally convinced her that the marriage could not be saved, and that she and Annily would be better off without his day-to-day presence.

Since their breakup, some of the things that he has said on his blog have been disgusting, and clearly demonstrate how different part of him is from what she was looking for. For example (working from memory) he once stated that he was half Mother Teresa and half DSK. Wow. What a picture.

Three cheers for Gregoire. She deserves a second chance at happiness.