Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 05-25-2010, 03:01 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road
Question Next single news/speculation

Hey everyone!

I've started this thread as a way of gathering news on what the next single from Une Enfant du Siècle will be. I've heard from a couple of (non-official) sources that it's going to be Factory Girl, so I'm just wondering whether anyone's heard any news that confirms/contradicts this.

Here's one of the websites that supports this claim... http://frenchmusic.isgreat.org/archives/164 ...but as far as I can tell from looking at recent news, it has nothing official to back it up (or at least I hope it doesn't because Factory Girl wouldn't exactly be my first choice for single #2 ).

Has Alizée given any hints in recent interviews as to what the next single might be?

If everyone's as stuck as I am on this matter, then this can just be a discussion thread on what songs you all think would make good singles from the album and your personal hopes for future singles.

An interesting thought:
-Does anyone think the gamble of releasing La Candida as the next single would pay off? It would, in theory, be a way of fully capitalising on the Mexican market, but a Spanish single would risk completely losing all the remaining fans she has left in France.

If there happens to be a similar thread to this one already in operation then please let me know!

BB
Old 05-25-2010, 03:57 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Hey everyone!

An interesting thought:
-Does anyone think the gamble of releasing La Candida as the next single would pay off? It would, in theory, be a way of fully capitalising on the Mexican market, but a Spanish single would risk completely losing all the remaining fans she has left in France.

BB
Any one in France who would give up on Alizée just because she might release a single in Spanish, is not truely a fan, therefore she need not worry about it.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
An interesting thought:

If there happens to be a similar thread to this one already in operation then please let me know!

BB
I actually like the song and wouldn't mind it being the next single in is def in the top 4 of my favs on this cd...... and yes i know 4 out of 10 songs isn't really narrowing it down but i just like a lot of them
Old 05-25-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
I actually like the song and wouldn't mind it being the next single in is def in the top 4 of my favs on this cd...... and yes i know 4 out of 10 songs isn't really narrowing it down but i just like a lot of them
Haha it's the nature of the album... I could never pick a favourite either! I guess I'm not such a big fan of Factory Girl because it has a really sinister/mechanical feeling to it (perfectly in line with the subject matter), but it's just not my kind of song I guess. Hmm my choices for the next single would probably be Eden, Eden or A Coeur Fendre but it's a difficult one.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Haha it's the nature of the album... I could never pick a favourite either! I guess I'm not such a big fan of Factory Girl because it has a really sinister/mechanical feeling to it (perfectly in line with the subject matter), but it's just not my kind of song I guess. Hmm my choices for the next single would probably be Eden, Eden or A Coeur Fendre but it's a difficult one.
for me I would like to see either Eden, Eden... Grand Central... La Candida... or Une Fille Difficile become the next single.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
for me I would like to see either Eden, Eden... Grand Central... La Candida... or Une Fille Difficile become the next single.
Totally agreed on that one....I would like Mes Fantomes to be in there but it is sort of a short song. So I would say that I would switch Grand Central for A Couer Fendre or 14 Decembre though. Grand Central and Factory Girl just aren't my favs
Old 05-25-2010, 09:01 PM

Yeah, Factory Girl just isn't my kind of music. It does it's job very well in the context of the album, and I don't skip it when I listen to the other songs, but I wouldn't like to hear on it's own as a single.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Factory Girl just isn't my kind of music. It does it's job very well in the context of the album, and I don't skip it when I listen to the other songs, but I wouldn't like to hear on it's own as a single.
yah. And can someone explain to me how singles work?

Do they come out before the album? Like Les Collines?

Do they come out during the album too? Like what we are discussing now?

Do they come out seperately from the album?

Because I know that MCE had like 4 singles and I was wondering what the point is if they all come out on the album first and re-release as a single...
Old 05-25-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
yah. And can someone explain to me how singles work?

Do they come out before the album? Like Les Collines?

Do they come out during the album too? Like what we are discussing now?

Do they come out seperately from the album?

Because I know that MCE had like 4 singles and I was wondering what the point is if they all come out on the album first and re-release as a single...
Hmm bear with me here and somebody let me know if I'm talking complete nonsense.
What I understand is that an artist usually releases one single as a lead single before the album is put on sale. This acts as a sort of 'taster' so that people can get a flavour for the style of the album and if they like what they hear, then buy the album when it is released a month or so later.
Once the album is released, depending on it's early success, several more singles are released. These are popular songs on the album that are sold as a means of promoting the album it is from, which is on sale simultaneously.
As far as I know, it's not common practise to release singles without an album of similar songs for them to promote.
The point of a single is so that someone pays a small amount of money for one song, listens to it, and if they like it they may decide to buy the album it is from, which contains songs of a similar genre and style.
Make sense? (I hope!! )
Old 05-25-2010, 09:21 PM

Thanks Blue! That does make sense! So if the album doesn't sell well at first, it is possible to get the sales kicked up again by releasing a single that people will probably like from the album. I see so It's like second release of the album sort of....that is very smart of artists to do that haha.