Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-20-2016, 05:18 AM
Creative Stuff Member

Steve_RMX is on a distinguished road

Update of changes:
- removed (Steve RMX)
- Placed the corsican saying "Pace e Salute" under the maintype

Last edited by Steve_RMX; 07-20-2016 at 05:25 AM..
Old 07-20-2016, 05:27 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

thats looks really great. she will like it, i think.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:30 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Yes. Very nice.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

There was a new development concerning the card which we were trying to iron out and that is why there hasn't been anything said in here in the past week.

Stefan was in touch with Jo again about a week ago. Jo asked at that time that we change stores. A couple of days later he sent us a picture that had the name of one store on it, along with the web address that turned out to be a different store. One was a store that sold I guess you call it upscale lamps if that's the correct term. The other one sold lamps and musical instruments and accessories. Now these two stores were on opposite sides of the same street.

I thought these two stores might be connected. Trying to find contact information for both stores led to the main page for a chain of lamp stores in Europe. The other one led to both a Facebook page and an e-mail address. This second store with the more local (to Ajaccio) info is the one I tried to get in contact with.

I posted a message on their Facebook page asking if the two stores were under the same ownership and if they were, could we get a gift card that would be honored at both. I tried to put this message in simple terms in both English and French. I waited 2 days and received no response. I then sent a message to the e-mail address and again got no response. So I tried calling the store. My call was answered by someone who spoke little English. I was able to convey to him that I was looking for a gift card and with my very limited French I said "Regardez votre e-mail" (Look at your e-mail), but what he started doing was spelling out his e-mail address apparently thinking I was looking for that.

But with the fact he understood gift card and he thought I was looking for his e-mail address, I thought he'd at least check his e-mail. I again sent the message to the e-mail address which was the one he spelled out which was the same one I used originally, this time with only a French message and still have received no response. I also sent a text message to that phone number in French asking him to check his e-mail that's if his phone even had that capability.

Ray with all his research skills thought that retail space in Ajaccio is tight and sometimes stores have to use 2 or 3 places in the same area and he thought these 2 places were probably connected.

But we want to get this done in a timely manner and if we do get in touch with this place, it might be another few days before we convey exactly what we are looking for.

So keeping in mind we should get this done well before her birthday, we've decided to go with the original store which has a much better selection if everyone is okay with it. Stefan has ordered the card to be made which will be ready by Tuesday or the day after. He will then send it out. I will then send the money a day or two later, trying to time it so they arrive at the same time.

If this is the way things happen, we will send a message to Jo afterwards, as to how difficult it was to communicate with this store and we felt time was running out to get this done.

So anyone who has pledged money can send it to me via check or Paypal or Google wallet. It's not critical that it arrive before I send the payment out.

My Paypal and Google wallet accounts use dh777@comcast.net
My address is
David Hardy
12 Glendower road
Roslindale, Massachusetts.

The picture Jo sent;
Attachment 1380

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-27-2019 at 06:40 PM..
Old 07-29-2016, 03:28 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

This wedding card has turned out to be an enormous amount of time and labor. I want to express my gratitude to all of those who have worked so hard on this project.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:13 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Hi Dave,

Donation sent via PayPal.

Al
Old 07-29-2016, 05:01 PM

leto681 is on a distinguished road

Hello Dave

Thanks to all for the effort put into this.

Donations just sent via PayPal.

dr
Old 07-29-2016, 05:56 PM

deligna is on a distinguished road

Donated via paypal.
Thanks for making it so easy for us to show our appreciation for Alizée!

Last edited by deligna; 07-30-2016 at 09:55 AM..
Old 07-29-2016, 06:45 PM

Thanks to all who have donated so far and who may make donations in the future. A couple of people have contacted me privately concerning donations too. I won't make a public list of who donated because it's not about who donated or how much they donated, it's more about who supported the idea of sending Alizee and Gregoie well wishes along with a gift, upon their marriage.

If anyone questions it, I will provide one of the admins, Lefty or Ray with a list. I know there are some who are not in a good position to donate, but everyone is an important part of this and if anyone has suggestions or comments, please post them in the forum.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:59 AM

In the next day or two, I'll give a rough idea of how much the total will be and once I send it off, I'll give the exact total.