Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 12-29-2019, 02:18 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Google drive problems

I share a lot of files through my Google drive. Recently I noticed a problem where I couldn't play them in that Google drive, though it looks like people who downloaded them were able to play them outside of the drive.

I did some research and it looks like others started having the same problem which seemed to start happening on the 19th of this month.

I have a feeling it's just some type of temporary glitch and hope it doesn't come from some change Google has made.

Google drive issues.jpg

Google drive issues 2.jpg

https://support.google.com/drive/thread/23389123?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-29-2019 at 02:21 PM..
Old 12-29-2019, 03:07 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the information. I'm having problems with the video joebanana posted on the other thread
Old 12-30-2019, 02:23 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

I started using Google Drive when I saw from you that it was a very good way to share files.I don't have much experience with it but i can tell you .i can watch your videos and just like you i have problems with mine.Same thing. (btw. Thanks for jessica video!)

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Thanks for the information. I'm having problems with the video joebanana posted on the other thread

I don't know what video you're talking about exactly, i only shared one.
Which you can see on yt if you have a problem with mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQAlCndX1cw

Last edited by joebanana; 12-30-2019 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-30-2019, 04:08 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
I

I don't know what video you're talking about exactly, i only shared one.
Which you can see on yt if you have a problem with mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQAlCndX1cw
Yep, I meant this one. Thank you :]
Old 12-30-2019, 05:28 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I have no problems viewing my videos on Google drive. However, when I upload a video, it does take some time for Google to process it and allow me to view. Otherwise, I see that "Download" option only. The processing times have varied, and larger sized videos take the longest.

Edit:

Further looking into this, it might be because the google player does not support older formats anymore. I updated small mpg and avi videos to my google drive and waited until they processed. I saw the thumbnail for the video and it looked like it was going to play, then when I hit the play button it gives the download option. My other videos on it are of various (newer) formats, and they all play OK.

My beef with Google is that they can and do what they want without warning.

Probably 9 or 10 years ago I switched from iOS to an Android cell phone. In many ways it was better than iOS. However, it did not play well with Microsoft Office products, and I had to invest in 3rd party software to install on my computer to sync email, tasks and contact information with my phone. I also needed to purchase software to move music stored in iTunes to my phone. Pretty much every Android update broke the sync software and I had to wait until the 3rd party vendors released an update to get back up to date. One vendor said Google does not inform all of their vendors of upcoming changes earlier enough to adapt their software.

So I was done with Android, probably for good.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-30-2019 at 10:31 AM..
Old 12-30-2019, 11:36 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

The problem seems to be only with files uploaded after December 19th (2019) and the only problem with it is you can't watch the video in the Drive, but I believe you can still download them with no problem. All older files play fine. I tried it with IE and Chrome, but one thing I did just notice is it seems to be mpeg files that you can't view in the drive. I've only uploaded 3 files recently so I can't say for sure.

I uploaded this MP4 file just a few days ago about a coyote sighting and it plays fine in the drive. So maybe they want you to use the MP4 format?????

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AlG...ew?usp=sharing
Old 12-30-2019, 01:53 PM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The problem seems to be only with files uploaded after December 19th (2019) and the only problem with it is you can't watch the video in the Drive, but I believe you can still download them with no problem. All older files play fine. I tried it with IE and Chrome, but one thing I did just notice is it seems to be mpeg files that you can't view in the drive. I've only uploaded 3 files recently so I can't say for sure.

I uploaded this MP4 file just a few days ago about a coyote sighting and it plays fine in the drive. So maybe they want you to use the MP4 format?????

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AlG...ew?usp=sharing
I can watch your video and download it and I did a little test.I downloaded your video (Coyote sighting west roxbury) and uploaded it to my Google drive.Everything works fine.The problem seems to be with video formats.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EfV...ew?usp=sharing