Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Alizée<3

Extra251 is on a distinguished road

Hi
I need some translation from French to English or German, i order the album from amazon.fr and i get one email and im not sure something if who bee so friendly and he help please PM me than.
TNX
Old 01-14-2008, 05:24 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Extra, I'll be happy to translate for you, just PM me the text
Old 01-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Hooked on Alizée

Addict is on a distinguished road

I just got my dvd today after using this thread. Just finished watching it too. Heavenly
Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 PM

Deramo is on a distinguished road

I order it from and Ebay seller, got it 2 weeks ago. Love the concert, outside of Laura Pausini, this is the only concert DVD I have ever bought! Now if I can just breakdown and by a region free HDMI player for the downstairs Plasma 42"....I'll be in full Alizee glory 1020i...lol
Old 05-21-2008, 01:08 PM

mrh264 is on a distinguished road

alizee concert is free for indian who r live in andhrapradesh
Old 05-21-2008, 09:28 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deramo View Post
I order it from and Ebay seller, got it 2 weeks ago. Love the concert, outside of Laura Pausini, this is the only concert DVD I have ever bought! Now if I can just breakdown and by a region free HDMI player for the downstairs Plasma 42"....I'll be in full Alizee glory 1020i...lol
A Philips 5960 or 5982 can probably be had for $60 or so, right?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:51 PM

Fixty Sixty is on a distinguished road

The Philips DVP5990 is the replacement for the DVP5982. It has a few more features and a better remote, and also costs $60 usd. Those Philips players will automatically convert PAL to NTSC, but only at 480 lines. Of course, it will then upconvert that to 1080i or 1080p. There is a region free hack for those players that you enter using the remote. The Philips players have average upconvert image quality.

If you want better upconvert image quality, check out the OPPO DV-981H that costs $229 usd. This player also automatically converts PAL to NTSC, and has a region free hack. This OPPO is a standard DVD player, so if you want Blu-ray you'll have to look for a Blu-ray player that does PAL to NTSC conversion.

You don't need a region free player to play the Alizee en Concert DVD because it's region 0 (all regions), but you do need the PAL to NTSC conversion.

Last edited by Fixty Sixty; 05-28-2008 at 03:08 PM..
Old 05-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixty Sixty View Post
Those Philips players will automatically convert PAL to NTSC, but only at 480 lines.
But, but, but... NTSC *is* 480 lines.

-edit-
I've never understood that almost every European TV-set can handle
PAL as well as NTSC, but the same set in the U.S can't!

PAL 2 NTSC converters in DVD players are horrible b.t.w!

Last edited by Just a Guest; 05-27-2008 at 02:27 PM..
Old 05-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Banned

muttonchops80 is on a distinguished road

Couldn't I just order them from the Amazon North America site? I found her latest there. Pretty pricey for me, but worth it since the CD won't see the light of day for the most part. It's onto my computer and into my iPod shuffle!
Old 05-27-2008, 04:24 PM

Fixty Sixty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
But, but, but... NTSC *is* 480 lines.
Yes that's correct for standard output, but since the video signal is going to be upconverted to 1080 on the HDMI output, they could have retained the full 576 lines of the PAL source. Instead they converted it to a 480 line NTSC signal and upconvert that to 1080 effectively throwing away the extra vertical resolution of PAL. That's my understanding from what I've read about these players, but for $60 you can't really complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest
-edit-
I've never understood that almost every European TV-set can handle
PAL as well as NTSC, but the same set in the U.S can't!
I think it's a matter of bandwidth. PAL requires higher bandwidth than NTSC. Higher bandwidth circuits are more expensive, so it would increase the cost of the TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest
PAL 2 NTSC converters in DVD players are horrible b.t.w!
I have a Philips DVP5982, and the Alizee en Concert DVD looks fine, but I'm only using a standard TV. I'll have a chance to try out the Philips DVP5990 on an HD TV soon. I'd like to buy the OPPO DV-980H since I have a large collection of standard DVDs, but it would be a waste until I can get my own HD TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttonchops80
Couldn't I just order them from the Amazon North America site?
You can't get Alizee en Concert DVD new from Amazon North America. Even when they list it as available, they will ship you the CD instead of the DVD. It happened to me 3 times earlier this year, and all customer service said was that they would look into it to see what the problem is. It's currently out of stock anyway. They have the DVD listed from secondary sellers, but they $80 and higher for a used disk. So it's better to go to Amazon France for it. It currently costs $52 usd which includes shipping. The shipping cost is what drives the price up so much.

I don't think you'll do better waiting for it to show up on Ebay. The last one to show up there was bid up to over $52 in the last 2 minutes of the auction. I got the Mexican release of Alizee en Concert CD + DVD combo for $25 through Ebay, but understand that the DVD is of lower video quality (about 350 lines NTSC) to fit it on a single layer DVD5 and doesn't include the 5.1 Dolby sound, but does include the very good PCM 2D stereo sound.