Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
But what I started thinking yesterday is that if being on the show does draw in a larger audience for her, she's going to have to be ready to deliver to them something. She can't wait a year to do release new music, the new fans might not stick around that long. So does she have anything prepared? She will need to act quickly.
Well like I mentioned in the chatbox, there are other things she can do afterwards. But another album as soon as DALS is done? I really doubt it, it's always been at least a couple of years in between albums. If she gets to the top 3 at least, she may generate enough buzz to do a few shows, maybe tour. The JVB video may finally be released, who knows. But we're only at the beginning of DALS and already things are looking good for her. Starting with the Dear Darlin' single, her big win, Olly's concert, and something about being on the re-release of his album. She's almost all over the place

Btw, I'm obviously only guessing at the possibilities here.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:20 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Well like I mentioned in the chatbox, there are other things she can do afterwards. But another album as soon as DALS is done? I really doubt it, it's always been at least a couple of years in between albums. If she gets to the top 3 at least, she may generate enough buzz to do a few shows, maybe tour. The JVB video may finally be released, who knows. But we're only at the beginning of DALS and already things are looking good for her. Starting with the Dear Darlin' single, her big win, Olly's concert, and something about being on the re-release of his album. She's almost all over the place

Btw, I'm obviously only guessing at the possibilities here.
There will be no JVB video, however it was "promised" ...

Old 10-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
There will be no JVB video, however it was "promised" ...
Just pray with me Karin!
She needs another happy, fun music video, and until JVB the singles and their videos have been great, but just a bit too somber
Old 10-03-2013, 12:14 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

The tough thing about "5" is that it is a breakup album. Not really a carefree happy song on it.

She needs to get to work on "6" ASAP (right after she wins DALS), and it needs to be a happy celebratory album (including the 2 JJG songs) .

Last edited by Rev; 10-03-2013 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: Note: Spreadsheet updated in post # 16
Old 10-03-2013, 12:21 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
The tough thing about "5" is that it is a breakup album. Not really a carefree happy song on it.

She needs to get to work on 6 ASAP (right after she wins DALS), and it needs to be a happy celebratory album (including the 2 JJG songs) .
I agree with Ray. Even though I consider 5 to be one of my all-time favorite albums- by any singer- I would like to see her record a much more upbeat and happy set- with a bunch of videos- just my humble opinion.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:43 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

If Alizée does well on Danse avec le stars, and gets some good publicity and fan recognition, hopefully that will put her mind back on a positive, happy course and the result might be the type of album we would love to hear again.

It breaks my heart to know she is suffering inside from the breakup turmoil, and how it is affecting Annily.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:34 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

I find it hard to believe that Sony will bet on her again and pour enough money to make a quality album with good promotion
Old 10-03-2013, 08:43 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
I find it hard to believe that Sony will bet on her again and pour enough money to make a quality album with good promotion

If she wins DALS it is totally a new ball game. It wouldn't surprise me if Sony was first in line. There is more than just an album opportunity then, she could end up on a TV program, or in a movie. If I were them, and she wins DALS, I would bet on her again, as the possibilities just expanded significantly.

Last edited by Rev; 10-03-2013 at 09:08 PM..
Old 10-03-2013, 09:25 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I would bet on her again, as the possibilities just expanded significantly.
She is proving to her detractors that she is more than a one trick pony as they say.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

People have short memories, and the effect of winning DALS will fade quickly with time. If Sony decides to do one more album with her, they will have to move quickly (relative to their usual speed) in order to get the most from the exposure that a win would offer. Even without a win, if she makes it most of the way to the end, she will have gained a lot of valuable exposure. But I'm afraid that if two more years go by before a CD release, all the gains will be lost. Just look at what 3 years off did to her between the MF/LB years and Psyche.

Tags
alizee