Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Saw I Am Legend and was very disappointed. Yet another movie with potential ruined.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:48 AM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyACE View Post
Saw I Am Legend and was very disappointed. Yet another movie with potential ruined.
hi
yep, we all agree about this
wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... (meaning "so true" in zombie language)
god contacted me and said a man would come and save us... oh, nooooooooooooo not the little voice stuff again looooooooool
cheers

Last edited by ajaccio corsica; 01-02-2008 at 03:56 AM..
Old 01-02-2008, 06:54 AM

IggulStar is on a distinguished road

I haven't seen it yet, is it really that much of a disappointment, I mean, I can put up with a little disappointment.

Aside from that, the films I have watched recently are Transformers, Slap Shot 1 and 2 and Jet Li's Fearless
Old 01-02-2008, 11:53 AM

Bud10 is on a distinguished road

I thought I Am Legend was a great movie, I also thought Will did a great job as well as the dog
Old 01-02-2008, 12:50 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggulStar View Post
I haven't seen it yet, is it really that much of a disappointment, I mean, I can put up with a little disappointment.

Aside from that, the films I have watched recently are Transformers, Slap Shot 1 and 2 and Jet Li's Fearless
hi
well, actually ppl expected to watch a great movie, good story, good actor, good dog and the result was kinda Z serie zombies flick
so, forget the novel, forget "the omega man" and go watch this stuff if you want
cheers
Old 01-02-2008, 02:57 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

yeah im hearing too many negative reviews on i am legend. im just gonna wait untill it shown on hbo or something, or if one of my friends are dumb enough to purchase it, then ill watch it then. untill then, im looking forward to seeing cloverfield.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:24 PM

Martin is on a distinguished road

blockbusters are mostly terrible and shallow pieces of junk. You cant call this cinema. Its just SFX with some silly plot and a simplistic social message as icing that they make sure 5yrs olds will get it. Lately, they are also FULL of propaganda with strong presence of the military might and values etc. America is on war, so I guess its normal

I've recently watched Persepolis, animation based on a graphic novel by Marjane Satrapi. Very well made, and quite informative about Iran and its people. Plus its in french
Old 01-03-2008, 05:10 AM

Smile

hi
some movies related to recent evens are more or less sponsored by the pentagon, I think most of the american ppl know this and don't believe in this pro military propaganda
I watched "the kingdom", I expected an objective vision about the situation in saudi arabia, well...
persepolis is a cool cartoon, I don't know if it's available in the states though
cheers

Last edited by ajaccio corsica; 01-03-2008 at 05:14 AM..
Old 01-03-2008, 09:30 AM

Martin is on a distinguished road

Well, in some of those movies, propaganda is sneakier and not easy to filter. The massively succesful "300" for instance, is supposedly portraying the (truly) heroic struggle of the Greeks vs the invading tyrants but what is really left is the admiration for the milirary spirit, the triumph of muscles portrayed almost in a gay fashion and the same old story about the weak democratic Athens and the proud militaristic Sparta. The analogy with today's politics might not be clearly visible at first sight but it certainly makes you want to go gung-ho and "hooo-aaah" and leave your brains behind.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:14 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 1 out of 5 Thumbs For Cost, 2 For Length, 3 For Movie

OK, saw AVP last night. I got taken for $9.50. Yeah, it's expensive here, but I was bored and felt drawn to see another flick. Recommend matinée hours if you can. Movie-wise, I thought it was alright. But, did anyone notice how short that movie was? I don't think it was even 1 hr 26 min!

Alizee: Wowww!