Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Articles and Blog

Old 06-09-2018, 11:32 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road
Default My Daily Blog :)

Well... I wanted to start this personal blog cause i feel free to talk whatever i want to.... So lets start! (Sorry for the typos i'm not english native)

Today was a good day actually, i started the second level of my french courses (2 out of 17 lol), i'm used to listen to Toc de Mac before i start with the day officially and it really motivates me. Talking about the french class, during the mean time i talked with my new teacher and she asked me "What do you do to learn french?" and answered "well... I always listen to a French singer called Alizée" and then i showed her one Alizée's song because i wanted to know if she recognize her and my teacher's expression was like "i know who's her and i'm impressed that you listen to her music!" but i don't really know if she knows Alizée or not. The class finished okay but i still prefer my first level teacher haha.

By the way, today i friend asked me how can i always listen to Alizée without getting tired and i didn't know how to answer, the reason is probably Alizée is the kind of singer i always wanted to listen to, her music is my musical taste in a nutshell, Mes Courants Electriques for me is the best album i've ever listened to because it's energizing and combines a lot of instruments at the same time (the case of Toc de Mac), every song is completely different to the other, coeur deja pris is magic and its video clips are awesome (i prefer A contre courant video cause it's like the typical musical video of those times performed in a abandoned building and i love that! <3) so... Maybe the answer is that i ALWAYS listen to Alizée cause her music match with me and she as a person seems kind and sweet! (i write this lines cause i read jessica's letters and i really loved how she described Alizée's personality <3)

finally i want to say that i love this place, it lets me connect with Alizée (the person) even though i don't contribute a lot compared to other members, but i'm okay : D

à bientôt!

(Btw i love this piano cover of Toc de Mac http://soundcloud.com/velectrody/ali...e-megalizeecom) bye bye!

Story 1 (6/9/18)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, i want to tell you guys about a story that have happened to me like 3 month ago:

first of all this is my actual collection of Alizée: http://www.dropbox.com/s/6uj9h9oluxq...24028.jpg?dl=0 (i know is pretty petit compared to other members collections)

I have a petit story with Mes courants electriques. When i bought Gourmandises my parents couldn't understand why a teenager would want a disk in 2018, back then every day before gourmandises arrived at my house my parents asked me the same thing, yeah it was pretty annoying, then they stopped days after the disc arrived but with Mes courants electriques was a bit different because when i bought it on Amazon my father didn't notice that he bought 2 copies instead one and he was suppeeeeer mad hahah, we couldn't return the second copy bought by mistake, the times passed and both arrived, i remember that day cause when i opened the box with the albums one of them was supeeeeeeeeeeeeer broken:

1.-http://www.dropbox.com/s/8r53erqzsdv...24145.jpg?dl=0

2.-http://www.dropbox.com/s/6o95x6apzql...24153.jpg?dl=0

But the other one was in pretty good conditions (the one you can see in the first link) this would sound rude but i'm happy that we bought a second copy by mistake because if the broken one arrives i would cry a lot, haha my father wants to return the broken MCE but maybe he will never do it.

this is my petit story (if my father doesn't return it by the time i'm gonna move to USA i'll grab the disk as mine haha, that's the only thing valuable there)

Last edited by Edsel Di Meo; 06-09-2018 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Here's a file in my Google drive from LE 2012 where Shy'm sang Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face', though there were only a couple of lines that demonstrated the beauty of her voice.
I really enjoyed LE 2012. How many beautiful women can you put on a single stage?

Shy'm has a great voice, and I really enjoy her doing Poker Face. She is very leggy and taller than the average French woman, so she really stands out on stage. She would definitely be runway model material.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Scruffy -

I don't know if this song is part of your LE project, but for those that do not have LE 2013, the song where she is on the swing (part 2, about the middle) I think is the song where Alizee projects her voice to the fullest, especially at 30:30. It reminds me of that part in Double Je in LE 2008 where she really belts it out.

Old 08-03-2018, 06:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'll look into that in the next couple of days and will post something in chat. Can't do too much of a certain thing in the open forum if you know what I mean, nudge, nudge, say no more.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'll look into that in the next couple of days and will post something in chat. Can't do too much of a certain thing in the open forum if you know what I mean, nudge, nudge, say no more.
Wink, wink, say no more.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:38 PM

Default Everything makes sense now...

Salut ! ça va ? ça va bien merci !

today i just figured out why Alizée x Mylene was super super super successful, the backstory is that lately i've been listening to Mylene Farmer and yesterday i found out a song named "Désenchantée" (disappointed/disillusion), this song was composed by Laurent Boutonnat and wow wow ! at first sight you should think the song is just as good as others but no ! this one is very special, i don't know why i just love it, and the concert version is x1000 better

So... My hypothesis was totally confirmed, the reason why Alizée's concert were really good even every performance is because Mylene did her magic touch like implementing always an choreography that helps to recreate a good environment around the artist, it's not the same an "static" singer than a "dynamic-rhythm-synchronized" artist.

My hypothesis was confirmed by this video, it's beautiful i have no words... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puQJbvnbycE

And such a good singer career can turn out if one have the help of a mastermind as Mylene is and the talent of a determined-focused Alizée

Bye bye ! i wanted to express my feelings on this topic !
Old 08-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Administrator

I believe that, relatively speaking, Mylene is bigger than Madonna - at least in France. Albums sales figures over the years hold it up.Singing in English gives Madonna a big edge in marketability worldwide though. Madonna, as she aged, had to sleaze up her music and concerts and still her popularity dropped, but Mylene just seems to coast from year to year drawing a very loyal and very large crowd to her concerts.

I think Laurent is the genius behind her success, and behind Alizee's success early on. He obviously is a master composer of music, and he made Mylene what she is today by introducing her as a Lolita image years ago. He wrote the music and somebody else the lyrics - once she learned the ropes, she wrote the lyrics and he continued composing, and Mylene's career flourished.

Even though he has all this talent, it is my opinion he is morally bankrupt. He was producing films for adults when he was merely 17. His first film, which received favorable reviews, is viewable on YouTube. I forgot the name and the video quality is awful - very blurry, as it looked like somebody was filming it using an old camcorder off a bad TV showing of it. About a third of the way through, some woman uses scissors to explicitly cut off some guy's privates, and he just stood there like he was getting a haircut. I really do not have a high opinion of the guy.

Mylene is truly a great performer, but she is somebody I do not care to know anything about personally. I can just enjoy her music and leave it at that. In many ways, I am glad Alizee broke off with them when she was so young and impressionable. I think if they reunited now it would be fantastic, as both are now mature adults and LB could compose music that Alizee would be comfortable performing.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:18 PM

Default I'm back ! but still busy T.T

Salut ! ça va !? ça va bien merci !

I've done a lot of things so far since the last update of my blog, hopefully i'll end this semester in about two weeks ! yay ! i've been working two hard on my grades, i already got exempt from the final of one class and i can still exempt to more and end classes the next week... : D

Also i've listening to Louane a lot ! i enjoy a lot the remixes of her first album, specifically this one:

http://open.spotify.com/track/79Bkmi...SVS7QRV0W2cwNQ

But i didn't stop listening to Alizée, i'm happy that she's gonna give two concerts so far and i hope Julia's first single will be a good song, i expect a lot from her since her voice is very nice.

By the way, Alizée gave me two likes on instagram ! yay !

1.- http://www.dropbox.com/s/8klumi4nc47...92246.png?dl=0

2.- http://www.dropbox.com/s/rkhd1buyj64...21234.png?dl=0

i'm happy because in this year i could met awesome people like the members of this forum, Alizée noticed me, i have huge projects coming very soon.....

I still have two take two tests this week, tomorrow i have a programming lab test and on friday the actual programming test

i hope you guys liked my update ! see you soon !
Old 09-06-2018, 01:47 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Great going Edsel, in school and in Instagram. That track of Louane is a good one. I lover her voice and I'm sure she'll give us a lot of hits in the future. Good luck with your tests.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:13 PM

Default I'm back !

Saluuuuuuuuuut, comment ça va ? how's it going!?

well...It's been a while since my last post here but i've been super busy, i have to say that i moved to Colombia and that's why i couldn't be on that much.

ehmmmmm i've been studying a loooooooot to get in college because i have to take like two tests before i could continue my degree (i was studying systems engineering in Venezuela)

I haven't stopped listening to Alizée, i try to listen to her as much as i can because listening to music is one of the most relaxing things to do when you're stressed haha.

(i wanted to ask you what's going on with those instrumental albums released by her on spotify)

i've been improving my french skills using alizée's music and her interviews have helped me a ton ! i'm looking forward to join the Alliance Française here in Colombia and i want to take a placement test to see how much french do i know

I try to read this forum as much as i can and i love to see that this forum is not dying and we've been very active lately, i love you so much guys and i wanted to tell you that i started a 'french-spanish' learning community ! a french friend of mine decided that we have to create one since there were not any back then !

i think that's all i wanted to say, i hope you guys are doing good ! xoxo
Old 02-20-2019, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Hi Edsel!

I'm happy to hear you are OK and continuing with your college.

Are you finding French tough to learn? I have picked up a little bit of French this last year just by looking at translations and using the Google translator. I can read a little bit of it, but don't ask me to say any words. I'm not there yet.

We'll be here for the long term (hopefully), so stop by when you can and say Hello!