Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-27-2010, 08:29 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Mylène Farmer already had "the gay vote" and as Alizée was part of the Farmer universe when she started, Alizée inherited them along with all of Farmer's fans at first. The gay community (as though all gay people like the same things) seem to have held their liking of her. I'm not gay and thus will not be voting.

And what's with the random comment about Alizée and Jeremy being engaged? Was that directed to something too far back for me to bother searching for? I really doubt they will ever get married (again) as they already did, albeit in Vegas. It's not legal in France, but I guess they haven't any reason to bother yet. I hear it's become fairly common to not bother with formal marriage, even sometimes taking PACS instead. Still, it's a nice idea. Maybe I'm old fashioned. But it's too late now. It would have been fabulous to have photos of Alizée in a wedding gown and all that, but of course, that's probably why they eloped--didn't want to have the media circus get in their business and weren't of that personality to do such things anyway. I guess they were more "punk kids" at the time. But they were in love and enamored of the idea of running away together and maybe starting up a new sensation together, or so one would guess.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 12-27-2010 at 08:37 PM..
Old 12-27-2010, 11:09 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Mylène Farmer already had "the gay vote" and as Alizée was part of the Farmer universe when she started, Alizée inherited them along with all of Farmer's fans at first. The gay community (as though all gay people like the same things) seem to have held their liking of her. I'm not gay and thus will not be voting.

And what's with the random comment about Alizée and Jeremy being engaged? Was that directed to something too far back for me to bother searching for? I really doubt they will ever get married (again) as they already did, albeit in Vegas. It's not legal in France, but I guess they haven't any reason to bother yet. I hear it's become fairly common to not bother with formal marriage, even sometimes taking PACS instead. Still, it's a nice idea. Maybe I'm old fashioned. But it's too late now. It would have been fabulous to have photos of Alizée in a wedding gown and all that, but of course, that's probably why they eloped--didn't want to have the media circus get in their business and weren't of that personality to do such things anyway. I guess they were more "punk kids" at the time. But they were in love and enamored of the idea of running away together and maybe starting up a new sensation together, or so one would guess.

Please explain to me why it is OK to vote in a Mexican vote, or on Radio Alantis, but not on this one?
Old 12-28-2010, 12:38 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Please explain to me why it is OK to vote in a Mexican vote, or on Radio Alantis, but not on this one?
At one time I might have. This is rather specific though, isn't it?

Merci Fanny
Old 12-28-2010, 01:52 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwillmeether View Post
Okay earlier today Lili posted this link to her facebook:
http://www.tetu.com/actualites/cultu...e-lannee-18517
...And the title is, well the best I can make of it is:
2010 in retro: elect gay album of the year
...so....Im a little confused because im like she isnt gay, and then Adam Lambert and Jónsi both of whom are gay... so... help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
At one time I might have. This is rather specific though, isn't it?

My read on this is she has asked for people to vote for her album. That's enough for me.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:32 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Wow she's in second place and catching up with Mylène!!

Unsure as to whether this is really the result of a massive gay following or just a load of over-enthusiastic Lili fans but nevermind.

Last edited by babyblue558; 12-28-2010 at 08:38 AM..
Old 12-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Ultimate Alizée Fan

Alizée@Rügen is on a distinguished road

Come on Alizée-Fans, Alizée is only 30 votes after Mylene.

http://www.tetu.com/actualites/cultu...e-lannee-18517
Old 12-28-2010, 10:09 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
As far as Radio Atlantis is concerned, I believe they want foreign participation if that's what people here are talking about. There system is set up to make money, it may not be a whole lot, but still I'm sure that's why they set it up that way. You can buy votes and I don't think they care in most cases where that money is coming from.

The mtv hitlist was a different story. For a while we were able to vote on it until they realized a lot of votes were coming from over seas and they found a way to block us out.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Elderly Alizée fan

pepon66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My read on this is she has asked for people to vote for her album. That's enough for me.
yeah!!!... That's what it really matters, if this voting is important for my princess Alizée, I don´t care about the gay thing, as a fan of her I´m gonna support her in every poll/voting whatever kind of... and besides she really thanks all votes

Old 12-28-2010, 01:18 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

WOW SHE'S IN FIRST PLACE!!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I see no sign of that. She posted the link on her Facebook page and said thank you in three languages. That's offering appreciation, not asking people to vote. Did she say something else somewhere else?

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline