Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-24-2007, 08:51 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
perhaps she would be upset that it has leaked out, but to be honest, the only people that are going to get their hands on it are people like us.

the ones who sit around and talked about her for 4 years, even though there wasn't one piece of news about her. on one hand i really agree with you, but on the other I think she can understand it.

one thing that does occur to me though, is that everything has been so secretive for sooooo long, we know that she has been recording this thing since at least May 2006. That is a long time for something not to leak out, that kinda makes me think something weird is up with it.

I mean for the longest time, no one was even sure there was an album coming out. Even until this came out the other day, some people still doubted than an album was coming.
I have always thought the 'fan base' should be the first to hear a new song. The rest of the world can catch up later.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:53 PM

Calisto is on a distinguished road

Topaz I want that hat!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Nobody, but I haven't seen or heard the full lyrics and music. Have you? I've heard rumors that the whole song has been pirated and is out there somewhere, but I haven't seen the link, thank goodness. Have you?

Oh, good grief, she's not 16 any more and she's not crying.

At worst, this was a fortunate slip; someone at the studio or the record company took it upon himself/herself to release these teasers. It is doing the eventual sale of the single no harm -- completely the opposite. As usual, Alizée's lucky star seems to be at work.

At best, this is all deliberate on her part, including the warnings, which will stop links from being publicized, but will not stop the teasers from being shared by email and private message on the various fora, including this one. Note that no warnings have been delivered to us. All links to the teasers were removed by Brad almost immediately, but it's obvious to anyone paying attention that we're still sharing stuff by PM.

If Alizée has a problem with that, all she needs to do is say so. I will never send another PM with either the short or long teaser if she asks that we not do that. But I know that it's doing her good, not harm, and so unless and until she does make that request, I see no reason to stop.

I would have to agree there. she is a big girl now, if she really did have a problem with us pming her 21 sec or 1min song then let her come out and just say it.. its not that hard for her to say stop is it?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

I would stop spreading the clip if she asked. All Lili has to do is say stop, and I like everyone here (no one better spread it after she says stop) will gladly stop. I don't think she will ask us to stop. Some here have waited a few years for this, some are new fans and their wait hasn't been quite as long, though it felt just as long, and I think this clip was a little reward for us patiently waiting for her return and remaining faithful fans.

Last edited by Tye; 08-24-2007 at 09:18 PM..
Old 08-24-2007, 09:10 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
Topaz I want that hat!
I don't think they are for sale anymore. There will probably be a new list with the release of the album/single.

http://www.charmandising.com/advance...eywords=Alizee

Old 08-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

of course we should find these things first hand. the fans i mean

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 08-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Un-rêve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
I have always thought the 'fan base' should be the first to hear a new song. The rest of the world can catch up later.
You could have a point there but I don't remember these kind of things happening before the release of J'en Ai Marre! How times have changed.
BTW, I PM'd you days ago about a pic you have in your signature and I still haven't heard anything from you. Would you please PM me back or answer my question in the Official news thread.
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
I would stop spreading the clip if she asked. All Lili has to do is say stop, and I like everyone here (no one better spread it after she says stop) will gladly stop. I don't think she will ask us to stop. Some here have waited a few years for this, some are new fans and their wait hasn't been quite as long, though it felt just as long, and I think this clip was a little reward for us patiently waiting for her return and remaining faithful fans.
Right, really if they want us to stop sperding her new songs out well just like deepwaters said before, that she is not 16 anymore and that if she wants us to stop pming her music then she can come tell us her self, it is not hard.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:51 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentFox View Post
Right, really if they want us to stop sperding her new songs out well just like deepwaters said before, that she is not 16 anymore and that if she wants us to stop pming her music then she can come tell us her self, it is not hard.
So I take it you guys aren't buying the content of the message posted to AFC and translated by Deepwaters (which appears to have been posted by an admin, not an overzealous fan) where it says
"En aucuns cas, cela vient d’Alizée elle-même."?
Old 08-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
So I take it you guys aren't buying the content of the message posted to AFC and translated by Deepwaters (which appears to have been posted by an admin, not an overzealous fan) where it says
"En aucuns cas, cela vient d’Alizée elle-même."?
I didn't translate that one, fsquared, I translated the one on YouTube. As far as I could tell, the one on AFC was only asking that the links be taken down. Only the message on YouTube, which was not authenticated, actually asked that the song snips not be sent to anyone else.

We've received no warnings here at AA, even though it's obvious we're sharing the clips. We have NOT, however, allowed links to them to stay up; Brad took those down. One difference: only active members who are serious enough to ask for it can get the clips by PM; they're not available to anyone who just browses the site.

I know for certain that Alizée is aware this is going on, and I think we would have received a warning by now if she had a problem with it. And if I'm wrong, she still has that option.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 08-24-2007 at 11:13 PM..