Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Who would want to travel for alizee's future tours as a group?
yes 41 97.62%
no 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2007, 12:44 AM
alizee >>> crack

Deus_Ex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, live has a way of screwing with you. For the last 7 years I had a pretty stable job where I could have fairly easily taken time off and certainly the last few years, had plenty of money for such a thing and not much of anything to prevent me from going. Now, who knows. I'm considering different things including going to school full time, but it's hard to imagine after getting so worked up about her over the last 9 months or whatever that I wouldn't go to her concert. Also, whatever I do (other than spending all my money buying a new house in Corsica or something ) if it's within the next year or so, I'm sure I'll still have however much money it costs (even if not the budget for it).
Of course, you're question is probably trying to illicit some idea of how much money it would actually cost. So, people who have made similar trips, do you have an idea?
I'm guessing around $3 thousand. My airfaire alone to New Delhi cost me $1400 (actually flew over a cloudy Paris on the way to Munich). So, what, three days min., airfaire, hotel, food, souvenirs, secure transportation of huge souvenirs, like a billboard advertising the concert, which can't be taken on a plane (ok, maybe that doesn't count), bail money for that one guy who inexplicably ends up in the clink (ok, hopefully not that either, and he'd probably have to stay anyway), ...
I'm probably going to India (gujarat) for about 10 days within a week with my dad. I've still got to buy the tickets for it and i've convinced my dad to make a stop for a few days in europe. i'm expecting the cost of tickets to gujarat, India to be around $1400 per ticket. As for all of the other expenses, it'll probably be around a couple of lakh (one lakh=100,000) rupees.

if i go for a concert tour, i'd probably save around $500/day plus the cost of tickets.

and just in case, i've got my credit card to bail me out.

btw, are you of indian origin?

edit: if anyone wants to make a lot of money, then invest in land/real estate in Gujarat, India. buying land near the outskirts of a small city has a lot of potential to increase in value. (ie, my dad bought a piece of real estate for around $12,000 and sold it for $75,000 because of its increase in land value). the value of land in that particular area reach upwards of $1.5 million per acre.

"I am a MARSmallow"

Last edited by Deus_Ex; 09-30-2007 at 01:02 AM..
Old 09-30-2007, 01:22 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, live has a way of screwing with you. For the last 7 years I had a pretty stable job where I could have fairly easily taken time off and certainly the last few years, had plenty of money for such a thing and not much of anything to prevent me from going. Now, who knows. I'm considering different things including going to school full time, but it's hard to imagine after getting so worked up about her over the last 9 months or whatever that I wouldn't go to her concert. Also, whatever I do (other than spending all my money buying a new house in Corsica or something ) if it's within the next year or so, I'm sure I'll still have however much money it costs (even if not the budget for it).
Of course, you're question is probably trying to illicit some idea of how much money it would actually cost. So, people who have made similar trips, do you have an idea?
I'm guessing around $3 thousand. My airfaire alone to New Delhi cost me $1400 (actually flew over a cloudy Paris on the way to Munich). So, what, three days min., airfaire, hotel, food, souvenirs, secure transportation of huge souvenirs, like a billboard advertising the concert, which can't be taken on a plane (ok, maybe that doesn't count), bail money for that one guy who inexplicably ends up in the clink (ok, hopefully not that either, and he'd probably have to stay anyway), ...
Probably close, though I would bet you could do better than $1400 to Paris with enough lead time and the right travel agent (a France-specializing consolidator); depends a lot on the time of year too.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:07 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I'll fly up to Seattle if you guys get the hook-up with Bertrand. Ah hell, I'd fly up there anyway. Who will speak French for me? I need someone to translate in case Lili asks me a question, lol

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 09-30-2007, 08:13 AM

ZachLovesAlizée is on a distinguished road

yeah, i need a translator too
but, i think if lili came close enough to ask a question, id faint
Old 09-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
Why would you tell them you're going to France?

"Honey, I'm going to get some milk! See you in a few days."

Works every time.
ROFL!

Yeah, and find my clothes, dogs, guns, and computer in the front yard (not so hard on the dog, but come on!) when i got home? I don't think so!

Besides, I love my wife, why would i deny her the chance at a little humor? I mean, she's married to ME!

I would need translating services too!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience

Last edited by Edcognito; 09-30-2007 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: More details
Old 09-30-2007, 07:00 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Yes, if scheduling permits. :/

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 09-30-2007, 07:30 PM

B_M_E is on a distinguished road

hah, If I do come then you guys won't have any problems cuz I will translate everything for you, I'm a native French speaker =) but yeah, I'm more than willing to go to her concert as a group.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:36 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_M_E View Post
hah, If I do come then you guys won't have any problems cuz I will translate everything for you, I'm a native French speaker =) but yeah, I'm more than willing to go to her concert as a group.

Ah, great then. Ed won't have to fly all the way to Washington state. You can fly up to New York and meet up with Ed. I'm assuming that you are currently in Virginia though.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:51 PM

ZachLovesAlizée is on a distinguished road

i need to learn french...
Old 09-30-2007, 09:44 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLovesAlizée View Post
i need to learn french...
Don't we all , I'm trying to learn but it's hard to teach an old brain new tricks.