Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-05-2011, 09:18 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road
Default ALIZEE vs LAURA

How does Alizee Jacotey and Laura Pausini (italy) compare?

they both have beautiful voices.

MZ
Old 10-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Alizée is better...

I'm not biased...
Old 10-05-2011, 10:58 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Alizée is better...

I'm not biased...
No. I'm not biased. Laura Pausini is better. No offense to anyone, but she has a voice that's more powerful and her songs have more meaning. I still like Alizee. But, Laura Pausini is a better singer. Let's be honest people. And she's fluent in five languages, and more famous than Alizee. That was horrible grammar, but I don't care.

Italian: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zNtDe7hfETQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Spanish: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SbO4qozHjqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
French: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wmU1RSrtjcE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Portuguese: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rKgBvNITpmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
English: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GoXWrEeiUTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by ptjmwa; 10-06-2011 at 04:49 PM..
Old 10-06-2011, 01:35 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Looking for Orion's return video.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:36 AM

Alex is on a distinguished road

I have to admit, Laura Pausini has a great powerful voice. You can't compare both artists in voices becuase both artists sing for a specific different genre. Laura can reach notes Alizee will never reach, and although Alizee doesn't have that type of voice, there is something about her that makes her unique in voice, appearance, persona, and style that we all enjoy.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:44 AM

they both have beautiful voices and different styles - if I didnt know better, they could be Sisters !!!

weak arguement - Alizee can also speak in 3-4 languages, and sings 3-4 different genre's. I dont know much about Laura yet, as I just discovered her (so cant comment on the more famous part).

Ironicaly, i found Laura on a thread on this forum. dont recall which one. but fell in love with her.

now - my European List =
France-Alizee, Priscilla
Italy-Laura
Spain-0
Germany-0
England-0
Poland-0
Old 10-06-2011, 04:38 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
they both have beautiful voices and different styles - if I didnt know better, they could be Sisters !!!

weak arguement - Alizee can also speak in 3-4 languages, and sings 3-4 different genre's. I dont know much about Laura yet, as I just discovered her (so cant comment on the more famous part).

Ironicaly, i found Laura on a thread on this forum. dont recall which one. but fell in love with her.

now - my European List =
France-Alizee, Priscilla
Italy-Laura
Spain-0
Germany-0
England-0
Poland-0
The being fluent in five languages thing was just a random comment. They do both sing well. But, Alizee is more of a bubble gum laid back pop kind of singer. On the other hand Laura Pausini has happy songs and ballads. About the being more famous, I'm pretty sure she is since she has sold over 60 million albums worldwide (as of 2009). Laura is mainly famous in many European countries, Latin America, and among the Latin community in the U.S. But, I do agree that you can't really compare them since they have different styles.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:18 PM

what do you consider happy or sad music?

they both have happy songs, and i just found Laura, and only hear the Romance Songs so far, which i dont call happy songs, they are slow and make you think of life issues.
jmo
Old 10-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Yes, but as far as we know she is not fluent in anything other than French.

I agree on everything else that's been said in favor of Laura except popularity - that is no merit of talent at all, it's really all about finding the right team and getting the right exposure. More luck than talent, really.

I like them both, but Alizee will always be my favorite European fairy.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 10-06-2011, 11:13 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Laura Pausini seems like more experienced professional, while even after 10 years, Alizée is trying to settle down in her career.