Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-22-2008, 11:52 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée vs. american pop skeeves

I have not heard it yet, but have heard people complaining about Mariah Carey's, (or should I say Pariah) latest album and single.
I saw a commercial about it on TV and heard Mariah's voice. She sounded as though her I.Q. was that of a radish, and I find her repulsive looking, to be kind. Certainly not at all attractive to me on any level.

I do not begrudge anyone success, yes, including Pariah. Yet, I hope for success most of all for Alizée above everyone else.

It's just that some american pop skeeves resort to the lowest common denominator in lyrics and looks, to attract their audience, while the French seem to have so much more going for them. Granted, I have not seen or heard everyone, but can only speak from what I have seen. Your personal experiences may be different, naturally.

O.k., I am partial, but if it takes sleaze to sell oneself to the public, I sure hope Alizée doesn't have to resort to this type of promotion, ever.

Thanks for the rant time, everyone.

Last edited by C-4; 04-22-2008 at 11:57 AM..
Old 04-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

She wouldn't because she has plenty of different sites who know the real her from way back then and when knowing her that long you kind of grow to the point where you don't care what she looks like and or what she sings.

Long rant short, we know who the real Alizée is and we defend her when someone tells us she is bad at what she does. NOT because we are whipped but we have gone through 3 different albums and know she CAN sing and she CAN dance and she DOES look good in all concerts/appearances.

Too keep it really short C-4 I don't think she will ever resort to this kind of behavior but that is just me.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:08 PM

GianGian is on a distinguished road

Nothing to do with promotion, or music, or whatever, but Mariah Carrey's vocal skills are light years ahead of Alizee, you can't discuss it.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:42 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I agree that Carey can sing. No disagreement there. So did Whitney Houston, and what a role model she turned out to be. It's not just about voice with me, it's about the entire person.

Many people may have a better singing voice then Alizée, but as stated in an earlier post by Youpidou1 so well, "she" (Alizée) "has plenty of different sites who know the real her from way back then and when knowing her that long you kind of grow to the point where you don't care what she looks like and or what she sings".

"...we know who the real Alizée is and we defend her when someone tells us she is bad at what she does. NOT because we are whipped but we have gone through 3 different albums and know she CAN sing and she CAN dance and she DOES look good in all concerts/appearances".
Old 04-22-2008, 02:02 PM

Spaltl is on a distinguished road

Alizee >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(...)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All
Old 04-22-2008, 02:11 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaltl View Post
Alizee >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(...)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All
wow we think alike

ALIZEE!!!!!!!!! (Jung's battle cry)

Old 04-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
She sounded as though her I.Q. was that of a radish, and I find her repulsive looking, to be kind. Certainly not at all attractive to me on any level.
I could not possibly agree with you more my friend. And I don't really like any of her music.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

In my opinion artists like Mariah sometimes inject their voices into the songs too much. A good melody has been ruined many a time by a loud voice bellowing or screeching over the instruments and the beat.

And not in any of Alizée's songs have I had that problem....not one. Her voice only improves each song...and at least based on my musical taste that is rare.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
It's just that some american pop skeeves resort to the lowest common denominator in lyrics and looks, to attract their audience
To be fair, what was the point of the J'en ai marre dance, if not to attract an audience?

Quote:
O.k., I am partial, but if it takes sleaze to sell oneself to the public
How is Mariah a sleaze?

Quote:
She sounded as though her I.Q. was that of a radish
If you were a native French speaker and heard an excerpt of one of Alizée's songs, in which she sang about "chocolate milk, macadamia cookies," what would you think?

Last edited by Toc De Mac; 04-22-2008 at 04:14 PM..
Old 04-22-2008, 04:15 PM

GianGian is on a distinguished road

Yeah, really, my comment was off topic, but I can't imagine other reason for the J'en ai marre dance and outfit but to sell herself mostly to a horny male audience.