Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Great Job keeping up on updating Ben

And Aron I loved your pictures with her!!!
But did anyone notice how (maybe it is just the location of this particular Virgin Store), but it seemed like there wasn't as much media and fans this time. Although there was still a very healthy amount It can be seen on Aron's pic:

Deepwaters:
Quote:
The reason she is so special is that she would do something like this half-hour thing just for her fans from the U.S. It's not that she's a beautiful woman (beautiful women are not in short supply). It's not that she has a lovely voice -- it's good, but there are more impressive voices out there. It's who she is. It's making a connection to a splendid heart.
I know! but when I say that to people t they think that I am a stalker/obsessed person to know that she is a great person, but you can actually start to know Alizee since she doesn't have all the annoying media around her like stars in the U.S. have...She is a great person over all and I wish people that say I'm obsessed took the time to actually figure out the their favorite stars'/celebrities' personalities. And they wont find Alizee's amazingness, thats for sure

And Scruff, keep those eggs safe!!!haha
Old 03-30-2010, 03:10 PM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
But did anyone notice how (maybe it is just the location of this particular Virgin Store),
You are not the only one, French fans who went have been saying that this one was quieter then the one for Psychédélices, but at the same time they thought this signing was better.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
You are not the only one, French fans who went have been saying that this one was quieter then the one for Psychédélices, but at the same time they thought this signing was better.
hey thanks for that. Yah it looked quieter and with less hype. but yah its good that everyone thought it was better hopefully some of the M6 stuff comes out soon so we can see what they thought. O and the M6 vid from the guy in the private session...can't wait to see that vid
Old 03-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
This signing wasn't occurring after she'd been away for four years, so it didn't have the same hysteria to it. If you think about it, the gap between Psychédélices-related activities and UEDS-related activities has been only a few months. That's from the press conference in April '09 to the first UEDS teasers in the fall of that year. So the feel has been of something continuous.

And yet, as I've said before, UEDS is a HUGE break with the past, the recent past as well as the Mylène past. I have a lot of hopes on a professional level for this album. But that will make the task of juggling public and personal life all the more difficult. The coming year will be a challenge for Her Grace one way or another. I think she knows that.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-30-2010, 03:23 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Yes, I try to point this out to everyone! What other singer sets up a private meeting with a handful of fans to sign 50 discs for fans in a country where her music is not even released?
This is why Alizée is so special. Women like her are so few and far between that a person in their life might meet maybe four of five. I have only met four that come across as one of those very special women. I met one in high school, one in college, one in my thirties and one in my forties.

I very first time I saw Alizée, I saw that very special quality that makes her so unique.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:24 PM

ahh i see Deep...yah cuz i wasnt waiting for 3years like others were. good point
Old 03-30-2010, 03:52 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I became a fan late december 2009, and joined here early februaury 2010. I was never even a lurker! As soon as johnsons34 told me about this site (we were friends on youtube since mid-january), I signed up immediately! So I have never had a break with little to no news. Those 3 years must have been torture. But I almost feel bad for having missed it. But the people in France, even those that are not truely fans, did have those three years. So seeing the girl they once thought the real name of was 'Lolita' coming back after nothing must have been a hugely gratifying day. Seeing how Psychédélices did commercialy, it comes as no surprise that there are less people in attendance this time. Most people there were probably just semifans who had never heard anyting from UEdS except Les Collines. Not a bad thing, but that is how autograph sessions like this typically go. If the singer has been gone a while, then they have the advantage of people having missed them. But if the singer's previous album was a commercial semifailure, then there will be less fans in attendance. It's human nature. But on this having been a better session, that may be because the album people went away with was better this time. Once again, I wasn't around for the Psych one. But I doubt Alizée herself was any less friendly that time than she was yesterday. She was just signing a better album this time. That's it.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:57 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

docdtv- First I love reading your posts. They are so eloquent and so well composed.

I'm wondering if one of the pieces of information we are not looking at is those Enfant du Siècle Deluxe Edition Box sets. I made a point, that I hoped that they were tracking where these Deluxe Sets were being shipped to.

Someone may have pulled up that information and realized that there is a market in the U.S. that has never really been exploited. We have no idea how many of those Deluxe Edition Box Set are being shipped over here. If that number is large enough at $140 a piece, it shows her record company that there is an untapped potential market for her music.

We may have hit the lottery with this signing because of our web traffic as well as those Box sets.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:03 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Ben, if you are reading this, I propose you somehow set up a hit counter. So those of us who are not mods/admins can see the increase in traffic here due to this spectacular happening. Feel free not to, but it might motivate people more if they see the fruits of their labor!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:37 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I think that is a good idea. Here is one free counter that I use for my homepage:

www.statcounter.com
Closed Thread