Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Merci Alizée

Smile Alizée Videos on youtube : Help needed.

Some of you might be wondering what happened to progress of the Alizée America youtube channel and why the video uploading was stopped. Well, we created the youtube channel in hope that we would add many good quality videos with English subtitles on our channel. But our efforts were severely dented by videos getting blocked and fear that channel will be brought down by youtube if we add too many videos.

I wanted to inform all of you about the current situation of the site. I'm not sure what response did Ben get for his request about the donation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Hey guys. I hate asking for donations now since I haven't been around much lately (very busy). But if I don't, I may need to shut the site down for a couple months until I can move it to a cheaper server. I'll send a free item of your choice from our shop for any donation of $100 or more. Thanks.

Donation Link
Server charges and other costs are high for this site and I don't think it makes much sense for Ben to pay this much. I support the idea of moving the site to cheaper server, but then it won't be possible to current video section.

So, we tried find a way for keeping video section with cheaper server. One suggestion was to use replace the youtube videos with videos on our server. But as I explained above, adding all videos to one channel is not a reliable solution.

So, we thought of a slightly different way to do this.

We will share all Alizée videos available in best quality along with synchronized subtitles in English through files sharing sites like rapidshare or megaupload. All you have to do is to select few videos and upload those on youtube channel. Some of the videos might get blocked in process, but then none of the channel would be brought down for having too many videos owned by TV channels.

It can be time taking process, but there are some inherent advantages. We can complete the video database with sychronized subtitles for as many videos as possible. Then we will have all Alizée videos on youtube which would obviously help in spreading her name.

For any query you can ask here. You can also contact me or Tomtentp if needed.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 11-25-2010 at 10:06 AM..