Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-07-2021, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road
Default Recent Snow in Corsica

Snow has fallen in abundance in Corsica in recent days. Weather conditions that offered magical landscapes throughout the region. From Bavella to the Vizzavona pass, many walkers took the opportunity to enjoy beautiful hikes in the island relief. Many of you have shared with us the pictures that you have immortalized during your outings, here is a selection.

http://www.corsematin.com/diaporamas...TN9d7RgBQbMvcU
Old 01-07-2021, 08:07 PM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

I live a little north about 300 miles from Corsica but on the coast of the same sea. Years with Snow are very rare and when it falls it usually melts in a day or two.
So this is probably the case here as well especially since further south usually means warmer, but I’m sure the kids will make very good use of that time while there’s snow.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:35 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Snow has fallen in abundance in Corsica in recent days. Weather conditions that offered magical landscapes throughout the region. From Bavella to the Vizzavona pass, many walkers took the opportunity to enjoy beautiful hikes in the island relief. Many of you have shared with us the pictures that you have immortalized during your outings, here is a selection.

http://www.corsematin.com/diaporamas...TN9d7RgBQbMvcU
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
I live a little north about 300 miles from Corsica but on the coast of the same sea. Years with Snow are very rare and when it falls it usually melts in a day or two.
So this is probably the case here as well especially since further south usually means warmer, but I’m sure the kids will make very good use of that time while there’s snow.
Before I visited Corsica, I would have thought except for the mountains, snow would be a rare thing there, but it seems it's a regular thing there I think or is it just in climate change years.

For places like where joebanana lives, it must be such a magical thing, unless you have to shovel it or drive in it.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:54 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Madrid had some rare snowfall as well. Must've been a first (in a long time) for a lot of places in the Mediterranean.

Snowball fights from those in the City as well, including the Real Madrid football team
Old 01-11-2021, 01:19 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Madrid had some rare snowfall as well. Must've been a first (in a long time) for a lot of places in the Mediterranean.

Worst part of a place like that which seldom gets snow is if the weather stays cold, they don't have much equipment for plowing or sanding the roads.

Another problem for them is in places like where I am, we get a fair amount of snow during the year so in the fall, the power companies will go around and trim back the trees near the power lines so you have a lot less power outages when a storm does hit. I doubt they do that in Madrid.

I just heard yesterday there was a big shift in the stratosphere that will probably have a dramatic affect on the weather in some areas. Maybe that's why they had that storm in Madrid? I know in my area of the country they are now predicting a lot more snow and much colder temperatures for the next several weeks.

weather.jpg

https://scitechdaily.com/sudden-stra...from-the-east/

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-11-2021 at 01:23 PM..