Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-30-2022, 01:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

There are so many examples I could show you from the early years, where she cared about her fans. There were the little waves to the fans. There was the time she was brought to tears in the first Stars a Domicile. There was the time she became friends with Jessica. There was the time in Poland during an interview when she grew upset with the interviewers questions about certain artists.

You may remember there was a fan from our forum who because he remarried, gave his collection to me. I felt the money raised from that belonged to her and with some donations from other members here, that total was brought up to close to 600 euros. I offered to donate that money to them. I said they could use it in any way they wanted. They could donate it to fans who couldn't afford lessons. They could have given it to a charity on Corsica or they could have given it to some homeless person on the street and it would all be kept private, yet they never responded.

Now I understand they have a policy where they don't respond to fans and I could show you a great reason for why they feel that way. Still, I don't think they realized, how much that what seemed to be a small amount of money to them, could have been a huge amount of money to someone else.

I believe she's done some great work with children in hospitals in Corsica, at least in the past and maybe that is the case now, but we don't hear what she does in closed quarters so we have to look at what we see is publicly displayed and I haven't seen much.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-30-2022 at 02:13 AM..
Old 07-30-2022, 02:21 AM

Noppo555 is on a distinguished road

Well, for someone who's been following for years like you and many others in this forum, I can see why you might feel discouraged with the lack of communication.

Sorry if I sounded rough. I re-read what I wrote and it really came out that way, but I didn't mean anything bad. Actually, it's amazing you got to meet her multiple times, even shake hands with her.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:07 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppo555 View Post
Well, for someone who's been following for years like you and many others in this forum, I can see why you might feel discouraged with the lack of communication.

Sorry if I sounded rough. I re-read what I wrote and it really came out that way, but I didn't mean anything bad. Actually, it's amazing you got to meet her multiple times, even shake hands with her.
It was an amazing experience and I thought so much of her, but that was then and this is now.
Old 07-30-2022, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It doesn't have to be that way. Do something strictly for your fans once in a while!
I hope she’s listening!
Old 07-30-2022, 08:45 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
she often just does... nothing. This is kinda cute to be fair.
It kinda is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppo555 View Post
nobody here has the budget or connections to do something of the sort
Once upon a time she could be booked as a DJ for events. I don't think this is the case anymore.

Once upon a time, there was interest and discussion about booking her for a concert show somewhere in the US, but at the time we were so numerous (fans in the Northeast, South, Midwest, West Coast, etc) that we couldn't really decide where it would be held. Perhaps we dropped the ball there. Had we known we would go down this path, perhaps we could have organized better and gotten something concrete going.

Now there are so few, I can't imagine getting enough money together for a venue and all those other costs, let alone her fee.

But maybe things can change. Recently, the Netflix show Stranger Things brought back decades old songs from Kate Bush and Metallica. They were trending (and perhaps continue to) for weeks and brought them to new generations of fans. We may not see an Alizée album or concert this decade, but her music and personality has already charmed several generations of people across the world. That kind of spark is never lost and always has the potential to be rediscovered.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:55 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Once upon a time, there was interest and discussion about booking her for a concert show somewhere in the US, but at the time we were so numerous (fans in the Northeast, South, Midwest, West Coast, etc) that we couldn't really decide where it would be held. Perhaps we dropped the ball there. Had we known we would go down this path, perhaps we could have organized better and gotten something concrete going.

Now there are so few, I can't imagine getting enough money together for a venue and all those other costs, let alone her fee.
I'm not sure what time frame you are talking about here, but I remember four or so years ago, Alizee opened herself up to private bookings of concerts. She did one in Warsaw and then Kiev. We here were "daydreaming" a bit about how to get her to the US to do a concert. We never made any real decisions, but the idea of having it in Orlando was the best idea in my opinion, since Disneyland is there. They have a place there where you can swim with dolphins, and we all know how much Alizee loves dolphins. The venue could have been the local House of Blues in Orlando, which is a perfect sized venue for her. Even the idea of a GoFundMe was discussed to raise money for it.

You probably remember around the same time, Alizee announced a concert and a "fashion show" in Mexico. Then she expanded that to two shows in different cities in Mexico. I'm not sure who was her manager at the time or if she tries to do it herself, but ever since she split with Mylene, never underestimate Alizee's ability to shoot herself in the foot. She hired two promoters for the Mexico gigs based in Mexico and assumed they would work together to sort out the work visas for the two shows (which they didn't), and Alizee finds out a few days beforehand the whole trip is a bust and cancels.

She blamed the promoters for not communicating with each other but I lay this at the feet of Alizee and her management for not communicating with them. She promised she would be back in Mexico and that never happened. Then you had all those who purchased tickets and made travel arrangements who are not happy at all.

So "damage control" is not one of Alizee's strengths, but avoiding the need for damage control is even more desirable. Her not communicating with her fans every now and then disappoints them and some turn their back and never come back. This happened during her two year hiatus at the height of her popularity, then when she decided to go public again, her reception was probably not what she expected. I would hate to see this happen to her again.
Old 08-01-2022, 11:33 AM

failax is on a distinguished road

The problem is that no one asked her to make a new disco or to appear in french television.When someone calls her to do tv shows (Poland) or live appereances (Paris), she goes..
Her last albums have been a failure..she suffered a lot for this reason.

Uncompressed Alizée videos Telegram channel

https://t.me/joinchat/A8uzOFjfKHAuPZQ_-MpzWQ
Old 08-01-2022, 09:33 PM

Noppo555 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by failax View Post
The problem is that no one asked her to make a new disco or to appear in french television.When someone calls her to do tv shows (Poland) or live appereances (Paris), she goes..
Her last albums have been a failure..she suffered a lot for this reason.
Exactly, I don't think she would ever refuse to give a presentation or to appear on tv and about making another album, I doubt she would take that risk again (sadly).

About "talking" with fans, I don't think that's necessary. I mean, almost all of her fans must be over 40 by now, what could she talk about? There must be nothing going on career-wise to talk about; also, she has a family, a little daughter and a business, she must be pretty busy.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:29 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I'm not sure what time frame you are talking about here, but I remember four or so years ago, Alizee opened herself up to private bookings of concerts. She did one in Warsaw and then Kiev. We here were "daydreaming" a bit about how to get her to the US to do a concert. We never made any real decisions
I am talking about 2009-2011. As I recall there was an ongoing discussion over where it may be held and what venue, and possible setlists. We had several generations of fans here at the time - in terms of age as well as different waves of fans (Post-Mylene hiatus era, Psych era, UEDS era) that contributed to the idea.

I recall the Warsaw discussion but with our reduced numbers at the time (and even more so now) it seemed more and more like a pipedream as others have said.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:16 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
I am talking about 2009-2011. As I recall there was an ongoing discussion over where it may be held and what venue, and possible setlists. We had several generations of fans here at the time - in terms of age as well as different waves of fans (Post-Mylene hiatus era, Psych era, UEDS era) that contributed to the idea.
Curiosity got the best of me and I located the thread. It has over 500 posts. I haven't read all of them yet but a good deal.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4010

I can imagine the logistical problems and costs of touring internationally is sky high (pun intended). She might have learned that the hard way after Mexico and Moscow.

Currently, I think the only way to possibly get Alizee to the US to do a concert would be if a very wealthy Alizee fan initiated it and took care of all the arrangements and offered her a big check. It would be a private event by invitation only.