Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 12-15-2009, 02:31 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Soccer mom!

I just noticed this video on Youtube but I guess it's been out for a while. It's an interview where she, I believe is being questioned about her interests in soccer. At about 30 seconds in, she starts singing I guess what must be the theme song for what must be her favorite team. Has this been posted here before? I'd like to find a translation, at least for the song, if it has been and is the interviewer a soccer player himslef?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8kg8lLSqmRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8kg8lLSqmRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-15-2009 at 02:33 AM..
Old 12-15-2009, 02:44 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Hmm, here's where it was posted, not sure if we ever got a translation:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...t=4443&page=17
Old 12-15-2009, 03:08 AM

Unrealizée is on a distinguished road

Quote by Scruffydog777:
I'd like to find a translation, at least for the song, if it has been and is the interviewer a soccer player himslef?

Yes, the interviewer is Franck Ribéry, one of the best French soccer player.
At the moment he plays for FC Bayern München (Germany).

Last edited by Unrealizée; 12-15-2009 at 03:12 AM..
Old 12-15-2009, 06:54 AM

Cool

I looked in Wikipedia under Olympique de Marseille and one thing it said amongst a very long article on this team is "Before the start of each home game the song Jump by Van Halen is heard. When a goal is scored by Marseille in their home matches the song Come with Me by Puff Daddy is played." Could it be a translation of Come with me?

Well after some more research, the song is apparently that of a rap artist but not Puff Daddy, it's MC Solaar who was shown in the video. Apparently he's one of the most successful rap artists in France.

Now to figure out which one of his songs it is. I've already tried and it looks like it will take a while.

I've done some more research and there seems to be a popular chant that pretty much goes "who does not jump, is not for Marseille." I guees whose fans are singing it add their own team name at the end. The French version goes "Que ne saute pas n'est pas Marseillas". I thought at first this might be it but now I'm having my doubts. Back to the net!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-15-2009 at 08:04 AM..
Old 12-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Bienvenue à Lilly Town Valley.

Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I looked in Wikipedia under Olympique de Marseille and one thing it said amongst a very long article on this team is "Before the start of each home game the song Jump by Van Halen is heard. When a goal is scored by Marseille in their home matches the song Come with Me by Puff Daddy is played." Could it be a translation of Come with me?

Well after some more research, the song is apparently that of a rap artist but not Puff Daddy, it's MC Solaar who was shown in the video. Apparently he's one of the most successful rap artists in France.

Now to figure out which one of his songs it is. I've already tried and it looks like it will take a while.

I've done some more research and there seems to be a popular chant that pretty much goes "who does not jump, is not for Marseille." I guees whose fans are singing it add their own team name at the end. The French version goes "Que ne saute pas n'est pas Marseillas". I thought at first this might be it but now I'm having my doubts. Back to the net!

Ahh sorry for being so slow, let me help you.

"Qui c'est les plus forts évidemment c'est les Verts, On a un bon public et les meilleurs supporters!"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ktITQ9nIjc&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0 x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ktITQ9nIjc&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0 x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pretty old, it's from the 70's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associa...es_m.C3.A9dias

No matter when you were born, if you like Football (Soccer) or not, the anthem is so popular even today that people hear it at least once in their life.

Now this is so kitsch but nobody cares.

So Alizée and MC obviously knew it.

EDIT:

Smart lyrics..
80's version.

Allez les Verts !
Allez les Verts !
Allez les Verts !

Dans les vestiaires avant de rentrer
Pour commencer à nous échauffer
Tous en chœur nous chantons
On est les rois du ballon
Quand on arrive sur le terrain
On les entend frapper dans leurs mains
Avec eux nous chantons
Saint-Étienne sera champion

Allez,
Qui c'est les plus forts
Évidemment c'est les Verts
On a un bon public
Et les meilleurs supporters
On va gagner
Ça c'est juré
Allez

Allez,
Qui c'est les plus forts
Nous on joue au football
Et on n'a pas de frontière
Main dans la main
On va plus loin, plus loin
Allez, Alleeeeeeez les Verts !

Les supporters sont venus de loin
Ils sont fidèles, ils nous aiment bien
Ils font sauter les bouchons
Quand Saint-Étienne est champion

Allez,
Qui c'est les plus forts
On a un bon public
Et les meilleurs supporters
On va gagner
Ça c'est juré
Allez

Allez,
Qui c'est les plus forts
Nous on joue au football
Et on n'a pas de frontière
Main dans la main
On va plus loin, plus loin

Last edited by Maquis; 12-15-2009 at 09:51 AM..
Old 12-15-2009, 12:40 PM

Cool

Now there is just one last piece to the puzzle. What is the English translation for "Qui c'est les plus forts évidemment c'est les Verts, On a un bon public et les meilleurs supporters!"

From what little I know of French I would say it says roughly, "Who is evidently the strongest, it is the greens ( team color I guess) one with a good public and many supporters".
Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Bienvenue à Lilly Town Valley.

Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Now there is just one last piece to the puzzle. What is the English translation for "Qui c'est les plus forts évidemment c'est les Verts, On a un bon public et les meilleurs supporters!"

From what little I know of French I would say it says roughly, "Who is evidently the strongest, it is the greens ( team color I guess) one with a good public and many supporters".

Literal translation could be, "Who's the best (?)*, evidently/obviously it is "The Greens", We have the best public/audience and the best supporters!"

You can replace "best" with what you want, it's not like they give any details in the song, but you can guess.

*(?) The first sentence being a real question which passes for an affirmation is awkward to translate.

But basically your translation is fine.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Never heard of Mc Solaar?
He's a classic!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxTFdkdkAtw&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxTFdkdkAtw&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!