Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road
Default Nutrition and Exercise

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any people on this forum like eat to healthy and work out regularly.

I have just started a new workout/diet plan, and if anyone has any sort of input, it would be great!

The basics of my plan is this:

Rather than the traditional 3 meals a day, I usually have about 5-6 smaller meals. "Meals" being anything from an omelet with toast, to just a couple protein bars with water and yogurt.

I usually drink a little less than a gallon of water a day.

I work out about 6-7 times a week. (3 of them being PT, 4 of them being lifting on my own.) Right after my workouts, the exception being PT, I have protein whey shake, with a decent source of carbohydrates.

So if you've done anything like this before, or are currently doing one, let me know.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:21 PM

johnsons34 is on a distinguished road

hi! yes, me!

I don't stick to any particular diets, but I cook my own food all the time! I love fish and soup (I pretty much put any veggetables I have), and fruit smoothies. In the smoothies, which I find extremely satisfying, I put any fruits I have (strawberries, blueberries, rasberries, bananas, sometimes I will throw in a celery or a carrot, you won't even taste it in there).

I also avoid processed foods that contain more than 5 ingredients, which pretty much forces me to cook for myself!

For sweets, I eat dark chocolate, which I love!

I do work out every day and I am apsolutely in love with RevAbs. It's the only set that I use regularly. Occasionally, I would do anything by Chalene Johnsons or Zumba (salsa dancing is fun!). Sometimes I do a RevAb PowerInterval in the morning and a Zumba at night.

Otherwise, I try to eat small meals 5 times a day just like you and I stick with organic products. I don't eat protein bars or anything like that though.

Last edited by johnsons34; 04-09-2010 at 10:24 PM..
Old 04-09-2010, 10:45 PM

Lucky you.. you get to cook for yourself!

I wish I could do that, I can only work with what I can find, which isn't too bad. The only problem that I have is finding any good source of carbs. Most of the carbs I can find are from sugar, whereas I'm looking more for fiber and complex carbs.

The best way I take care of this problem is by throwing in about 2 bananas into a blender and mixing it with the protein powder.

I try to avoid sweets, I haven't had any soda in about a month now, nor have I had any candy in even longer! That's not really necessary, but seeing as how I want to get my six pack back, I'm cutting down on the fats.

Though I've never heard of the workouts that you do (seeing as how all I usually do is straight lifting or push ups. ), but it looks fun enough! Kind of like a mixture of lifting, rifle PT(replaced by the weights), and taekwondo.

You don't really need to take protein bars unless you're looking for muscle gain. Plenty of other foods have decent amounts of protein, like eggs, milk, fish, beans, etc.

How long have you been doing this?

Old 04-10-2010, 01:29 AM

Brent is on a distinguished road

well im not a freak about it but normally i workout about 5x a week and watch what i eat, i naturally eat healthy MOST the time. i need to quit drinking dr. pepper but i rarely ever get to have it. i drink water almost all day.

but as far as people ive seen and results, that p90x is NO JOKE. they are in crazy good shape. and it works fast. i want it but i dont know if i have the room atm. but i do consider myself in good shape.

but yeah from what ive seen p90x is awesome. its like 100 bucks. im definitely going to give it a go personally.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Weekdays I wake up at 6am and hit the gym.
I usually do cardio workouts to keep my belly at bay and only after cardio I work with abs.
For arms I eat plenty of pasta (not too much to keep the belly at bay), and drink mango and banana blend I make myself everyday.

Banana is a good source of potassium, which helps to effectively neutralize sodium in my body, which intakes water, which can be responsible for unwanted masses.

I'm not a big fan of carb packing, calories I can ignore for long periods of time, but what I really watch is the sugar count.
I haven't eaten anything sweet that's solid in months, and soda I have not took a sip of even longer.

What I do for meals is that I try to eat everything before 6 pm.
Then I go for a night jog if I have time.

It doesn't matter how much I eat during the day for me as long as I keep it before 6pm.

I find no use in programs, I prefer natural training and conditioning.
Since I live in a relatively rural area with nice nature settings I use that to my advantage.

I have lots of tall fruit trees I pick by myself, and a good form of exercise is climbing the branches without use of a ladder, and finding the right path to take in a vertigo of twists and turns to clip that fruit and grab it.
I get arm muscles by pruning plants that require it, I guess you can call me sort of a hermit, a very very young hermit.

Edit:
Also I stay away from fried foods anytime after 1pm.
I stay away from foods with flour anytime after 3pm.

I may be a bit stupid because i'm still relatively young, but my father's relatively large and my mother relatively anorexic.
The rest of my family aren't physical prowesses either, so therefore I fill in the void.

Oh, and guy to guy wasabi.
Mental training is just as efficient as physical training.
Train yourself to do what you want to do, and not what your body wants you to do.
Sometimes at 10pm you have the urge to just eat, don't do it, that's a sign that you should sleep, get to the morning, and have a good nutritious breakfast!

Don't train the abs if you still have a layer of body fat.
Cut the abdominal with lots of cardio and less food, and then work on the abs.
I got 4 of them visible in just a month and i'm working on the very bottom, which are the hardest of the lot.

Last edited by TheBarrett; 04-10-2010 at 01:50 AM..
Old 04-10-2010, 07:25 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsons34 View Post
For sweets, I eat dark chocolate, which I love!
...And I think we can be friends . I am a big fan of the dark chocolate.

I'm on a rather strict diet consisting of Gas Station food, coke (or cherry coke), and Wodka!!!! (much healthier than beer).. Every now and then I binge a bit and make a home cooked meal . Alas in all reality I actually eat a bit of a mix of healthy and non healthy food through out the day. Most of the meat I eat is either wild game or grass fed beef. Fresh fruit in the fall from the few fruit bearing trees around.

For my work out routine it's from 7am-5:30pm I carry around 30 pounds of extra stuff, swing a 22 ounce hammer, stand 16 foot sections of wall, hang wall sheathing, and other fun stuffs like that. On the weekends I either do some of the same or I pour concrete. Often times on the weekend in the summer I lug around a 10-12 pound riffle with spare mags (this also applies to fall hunting season) sometimes at a dead sprint .

Regards,

Jung

Old 04-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I used to walk around wearing a 6n1 chainmaille hauberk that I made

but I sold that to a friend a while back, and I haven't yet made another one...

can't imagine why...
Old 04-10-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post

Edit:
Also I stay away from fried foods anytime after 1pm.
I stay away from foods with flour anytime after 3pm.

I may be a bit stupid because i'm still relatively young, but my father's relatively large and my mother relatively anorexic.
The rest of my family aren't physical prowesses either, so therefore I fill in the void.

Oh, and guy to guy wasabi.
Mental training is just as efficient as physical training.
Train yourself to do what you want to do, and not what your body wants you to do.
Sometimes at 10pm you have the urge to just eat, don't do it, that's a sign that you should sleep, get to the morning, and have a good nutritious breakfast!

Don't train the abs if you still have a layer of body fat.
Cut the abdominal with lots of cardio and less food, and then work on the abs.
I got 4 of them visible in just a month and i'm working on the very bottom, which are the hardest of the lot.
I actually just all out avoid fried foods, even when it comes to chips, I eat baked stuff, like sun chips.

The thing about abs is that last summer, I did have a prominent, and yes, I will be slightly arrogant and say sexy six pack.
It's just that due to an injury I sustained about a month ago, I haven't been able to work out in a month, therefore most of my abs have atrophied.

When I do ab exercises, it differs every day.
One day, I'll focus on upper abs(sit ups, extended arm crunches, ab Vs, etc) the other day, I'll do lower ab exercises(leg lifts, kick ups, reverse crunch, the frogger, overhand supported leg raise & drop, etc), the following day being side abs(up and twist, aka the Rocky Sit-up, left/right cross over twist, alternate leg tucks, etc), and on other days, I'll just cycle through various ab exercises.

If you can't tell, I love working my abs!

But good point with the "what to do, not what your body wants to do".
Every night right before bed I always get hungry as hell. I try not to eat, or if I do, I'll try to eat something healthy like yogurt and a Nutrigrain bar.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:26 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Well I only started working out my freshman year in highschool. I am a senior this year. I've always had an excelent metabolism so I can generally eat whatever I want and as much as I want. My workout routine for my first two years consisted of 4-5 days of lifting and one day cardio-type workout. My third year year was similar but I took breaks every few weeks to be sure that my muscles were healing in between lifts. I've calmed down my lifting routine my senior year as I began to experience shoulder pain and things right after the end of my junior year. Probably because I was benchpressing 350lbs. weighing 170lbs though. I'll be getting right back in there though after I graduate.

I've never really dieted too much with my working out. I generally just try to eat as much as I can everytime I eat. Really load on the protein. Right after lifting I try to get something in me as well. Something like a peanut butter sandwich or two and some milk or something. I tried the whey protein stuff once but it didn't seem to help. And it tastes horrible. I've decided to go the all natural route as some supplement foods and formulas can be bad for you.

So for me, I've been more into the powerlifting stuff the last few years, trying to lift as much over my weight as possible and I've bulked up quite a bit from my freshman year. (I pretty much look like one of the guys off of 300 but with more of a 4-pack. I'll be working on really cutting out the 6-pack this summer.) This summer I plan on getting a little bigger and then just completely ripping myself out (Even though it won't all happen at once all in one summer. Maybe I'll get the P-90x or something). I'll be sure to keep you updated and come here to keep everyone updated this summer and I'll ask questions if I've got any.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Well wasabi, the thing about ab exercises is that they're the only ones I can tolerate for 3 hours straight.
It's like a drug addiction!