Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 12-01-2007, 09:05 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Though not the original idea, why not have a single forum for discussion in French?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post
yeah!,why not have a new French section in here??
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
We had a thread to talk in French already. We can revive it. Matrix misinterpreted the original request. I think multiple language options for the controls are great and do not bother anyone.
Although I understand why people would wish for a French section, this is already a great web site as it is (I believe this is the best English site on the web). I would be concerned that we would end up splitting the group (think of it as haves and have-nots areas if you would).
Old 12-01-2007, 09:35 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Although I understand why people would wish for a French section, this is already a great web site as it is (I believe this is the best English site on the web). I would be concerned that we would end up splitting the group (think of it as haves and have-nots areas if you would).
I agree, with not spliting and having separate language forums here.

If I understand correctly, what Garçoncanadien is asking is if vBulletin can be set up to auto-translate the English postings to whatever language the user wishes to view at that time. Je ne sais pas. Vous comprendre?

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

yeh yeh yeh brad pretty pleaase can i see the vbulletin controls in French and the date in french etc etc
Old 12-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Hmmm...interesting idea! That would give us aspiring french-speakers the chance to practice reading our french. While your at it, make an option for SPanish, too
Old 12-01-2007, 11:05 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
I agree, with not spliting and having separate language forums here.

If I understand correctly, what Garçoncanadien is asking is if vBulletin can be set up to auto-translate the English postings to whatever language the user wishes to view at that time. Je ne sais pas. Vous comprendre?
People seem to be getting really confused about this. Look, there's all this stuff "around" the postings, that's part of the bulletin board itself, like the header that says "Reply to Thread", and the button that says "Submit Reply", and the thing that says "Additional Options", and the thing that says "Smilies" above the smilies, and the little thing that says "Posts: 1002". GC just wants those things to be switchable to French.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:01 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
People seem to be getting really confused about this. Look, there's all this stuff "around" the postings, that's part of the bulletin board itself, like the header that says "Reply to Thread", and the button that says "Submit Reply", and the thing that says "Additional Options", and the thing that says "Smilies" above the smilies, and the little thing that says "Posts: 1002". GC just wants those things to be switchable to French.
mmkay, thanks for the clarification.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...